[LPF] Guard Duty

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Sana, with a gentle smile on her face, had been about to respond when the stuffed chimera curiosity next to Theira spoke, causing her to jump in startlement. "Oh!" Noting that Theira is none the least surprised, Sana composes herself... her smile a little off-kilter from a moment ago. "Not at all... I think I can understand, in part, but the wilds have never been a haven to me. Especially this far North. For instance, I am used to the sight of centaurs, but ah..." Sana indicates Tasanto and shrugs. Sana's attention is so taken up by the creature that she barely notices the dwarf entering. Trying her best grin, and hoping that the creature is less aggressive than he looks, "I'm Sana... will you be working with us?"

[sblock=mini-stats]
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar
Darkvision 60', Perception +5
HP
10/10, Init +4, Move 30'
AC
17 Touch 14, FF 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2
Resist Cold/Electricity/Fire 5

Dagger
+4, 1d4
Acid Splash +4, 1d3
Shortbow +4, 1d6 (20c, 20b)

Arcane Pool 3/4
Cantrips (DC 13) Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
1st Lvl (DC14) Color Spray, Grease[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto Nysys disolving down to just Tasanto

"I am here looking for work as well. Yes I will be joining you. That is, if you will have a scrawny little kid along?" The beast chuckles.

"He's in here somewhere. Ah there." With a flourish snap of his fingers the cattaur beast dissolves into smoke. A thump is heard as the saddlebag falls to the floor. The scrawny kid who was having a quiet dinner by himself earlier in the common room now stands in his place. "We are better at fighting when Nysys joins me. Our blood, muscles and thoughts flow as one when we are blended. Alone, my name is Tasanto."

[sblock=pictures]
Tasanto_Nysys_medium_black.png
Tasanto_medium2.png

Even Larger Tasanto Nysys pic ...........................Even Larger Tasanto pic

OOC: switched conversation colors to not duplicate Rhydius and to have two voices from the beast.[/sblock]

Rhydius

First Post
"That is quite an intersting transformation," Rhydius remarks, before turning to the newest arrival.

"I take it that you call yourself Cavernous Hode, I go by Rhydius," he says. "Now, so far as wether you come along or not is the decision of the officers," Rhydius gestures to the uniformed men."And as for your other question," his smile widening, "perhaps after this is over one of the ladies would be so kind as to explain it to you. I would, but I doubt I've quite the same perspective."

OOC: Thanks SK, I was debating on wether I should change mine.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Rhydius-face.jpg

Rhydius VanDarver
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (13 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 11/11
Move: 30'
CMB: +3 CMD: 17
Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Weapon in Hand: Rapier

Weapons:
Dagger: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d4+2
Rapier: Attack: +05 Damage: 1d6+2
Shortbow: Attack: +05(+6*) Damage: 1d6+1*
Normal Arrows (20)
*Point Blank Shot within 30'

Ranger’s Focus: +2 to attack and damage on declared target. Remaining:1/1 per day[/sblock]

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Sana's eyes widen, but she regains her composure along with understanding. "If you can do that, I am sure that you will be of immeasurable worth, Tasanto, no matter how scrawny you may be otherwise. So you summon the strength of that creature into your own? I have seen summoners at their work, but none who do what you have just done."

[sblock=mini-stats]
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar
HP
10/10, Init +4, Move 30'
AC
17 Touch 14, FF 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2

Dagger
+4, 1d4
Acid Splash +4, 1d3

Arcane Pool 3/4

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera snorts at Rhydius's statement while eying the dwarf skeptically.

"I'm sure my perspective is different from yours, as I would prefer my bodice remain intact."

She turns to the dwarf.

"Ah, Mr. Hode...is that what I should call you? Is Cavernous a title or your given name, or must the whole name be together? In any case, a bodice is the piece of a woman's clothing that protects her modesty between her neck and waist."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Hmm, let's make this interesting as you are all still here. Instead of Lt. Oris serving as the living meat shield, I'll let you decide amongst yourself which one gets to stand against the dwarf's blow." The older officer smiles as Lt. Oris just chuckles at the greenness of the dwarf.

Systole

First Post
"Ah, Mr. Hode...is that what I should call you? Is Cavernous a title or your given name, or must the whole name be together? In any case, a bodice is the piece of a woman's clothing that protects her modesty between her neck and waist."

The dwarf seems somewhat puzzled by the question. "Cavernous Hode is somewhat puzzled by the question," he confirms. "Cavernous is Cavernous, Hode is Hode, and Cavernous Hode is the dwarf that the dark-haired maiden sees before her. However, this response raises many additional questions. How does one give a name? Certainly, such a thing implies that a name can also be taken, and Cavernous Hode is quite unsettled by the implications thereof. Who would Cavernous Hode be if he were not Cavernous Hode?"

He listens to the explanation of a bodice with interest. "Ah! Cavernous Hode now understands that a bodice must be some sort of armor, although this does not explain why so many of them seem to be constructed of substandard, easily-ripped materials, at least according such texts as Cavernous Hode has read. But Cavernous Hode must ask: if a bodice only protects one's modesty between one's neck and one's waist, is there a similar item which protects one's modesty elsewhere on the body? Or does that modesty go unprotected?"

[sblock=ooc]Hey SS21, technically I'm being kind of naughty bringing my character in here, since he only has one approval at the moment -- although it is an SK approval so I'm pretty confident that everything is kosher. Could you possibly swing by and give second approval?[/sblock]

CavernousHode_150.jpg

itsgottabeodin

First Post
Sana's attention is drawn at the sound of their employer's voice. She turns to inspect the Hode and wrinkles her nose. Smiling apology for not staying to hear Tasanto's answer, Sana indicates that she is so willing. "I will venture to stand against the dwarf, if no one else is willing?" She looks about for confirmation from her fellows before moving to take Lt. Oris' place. Sana smiles coolly at the Hode as she takes up a defensive posture, wrapping the trailing edge of her abaya around one arm.

[sblock=mini-stats]
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar
HP
10/10, Init +4, Move 30'
AC
17 Touch 14, FF 13
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2

Dagger
+4, 1d4
Acid Splash +4, 1d3

Arcane Pool 3/4
OOC: Total Defense for AC 21

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Excellent, now, Mr. Hode, if you would be willing to give us a short demonstration of your capabilities, we can finish this business up, and we can all go about our business."

[sblock=2nd approval]I'll look at it tonight, but it isn't a major issue until it comes time to give xp. For rp purposes, you'll be fine.[/sblock]

mazzoli

First Post
Thiera ensures that she is out of the way and settles in to watch Sana square off against the dwarf. She has obviously decided that it is not worth her time to explain trousers and skirts to Cavernous Hode and, rankled by his apparently literal take on everything, silently cheers on her new-found friend while maintaining her cool facade.

Remove ads