Purchasing Items, Base Value, etc.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I do think we should use 1 DMC for 60 days waiting, though. That makes it valuable enough that those who are on the fence about GMing can see almost immediate benefits, but it's still fairly pricey once you get characters to those upper levels where they're wanting the really good stuff fast.
Until we approved using DMC to make more characters, I was sitting on a ton of DMC with nothing to do with them. Even with the 40+ DMC that I have left after creating Pirvinia, that is still a lot of commissioning that I can do without waiting. I can go hog wild since I have not stopped gaining DMC either. If you don't think that is a big deal, then I will vote YEA on 1DMC = 60 days and we just need one more Judge approval.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Until we approved using DMC to make more characters, I was sitting on a ton of DMC with nothing to do with them. Even with the 40+ DMC that I have left after creating Pirvinia, that is still a lot of commissioning that I can do without waiting. I can go hog wild since I have not stopped gaining DMC either. If you don't think that is a big deal, then I will vote YEA on 1DMC = 60 days and we just need one more Judge approval.

I really don't think it is - characters are still limited as to how much they can get by their wealth. They've never been limited on what they can get through commissioning other than by time. I guess this sometimes means they'd have to sit out a game if they're determined not to adventure without a particular item, which could theoretically push them to GM and store up some DMC, but I can't think of a time that's happened so far.

And as far as I'm concerned, go hogwild! You've earned it by doing all of that GMing!

jkason

First Post
I don't have the math brain to credibly make a distinction on the 30 vs. 60 debate. PM makes a point that it seems simpler to have 1 DMC always equal 30 days of X that you're converting it into, but so long as we're only buying off wait times on commissioned items, the wealth-per-level limits should essentially keep things from getting too terribly out of balance.

I'll give this one (1 DMC = 60 days commission time) my YES.

Satin Knights

First Post
Passed. This benefits package for those that have earned their DMCs will now go into effect. As a reminder, approval of characters earns 0.1 DMCs as well, so doing the review work on 10 characters can earn you 60 days worth of time that you don't have to wait for a commissioned item. When the dice of availability are being stubborn and working against you, you can smash them with a DMC hammer now! :heh:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
When we voted for approval, I had actually thought the days being reduced was tied to each of the items commissioned not the entire shopping trip's overall commissioning.

But if you use 1DMC for 60 days to reduce wait time, it essentially covers the entire wait, not the individual items' wait times. I believe that is what SK means, but I want to clarify 100%.

DM Schmuckatelli commissions Armor worth 25K (75days) and sword worth 33K (99days) on 1 Sep. Normal wait time puts the armor available on 14 November & 9 Dec. He spends 1DMC and now the armor can be picked up 16 Sep & the sword on 10 Oct. If he spends 2DMC, he can take them out of the shop immediately.

Originally I thought that he would be spending DMC to reduce the 99days & 75days separately, thus requiring almost 3 DMC to drop the combined 180days to zero.

Do we need to vote again on this? Or are we following the 1DMC=60days reduction of the VISIT's crafting time for all items purchased?

What if someone decides to add in some more crafting later (editing their post a few days afterwards) and crafts some more items to get them under the same DMC? Most of us do not post in the Pearl without repeated editing. Typically, I roll first and often finalize buying 1-2 days later as I decide and think about what I want based on the rolls.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sounds like we need to vote on the two issues - DMC/Item vs DMC/Visit, and spending fractional DMC.

I vote DMC/Item (More things on which to spend DMC, and makes the DMC more valuable/desirable).
I vote NO on spending fractional DMC for commissioning, though it's a somewhat ambivalent no based purely on keeping things simple and consistent.

jkason

First Post
Despite the fact that it may cost me more, I may be falling into Mowgli's camp on this. I hadn't considered editing purchase posts a few days after the fact, which may muddy things in terms of tracking. I'm going to hold off voting for now to see if anyone else feels strongly one way or the other, since maybe I'm just overthinking things (again).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sounds like we need to vote on the two issues - DMC/Item vs DMC/Visit, and spending fractional DMC.

I vote DMC/Item (More things on which to spend DMC, and makes the DMC more valuable/desirable).
Since I was always under the impression it was DMC/Item, that's my vote as well after giving it some thought. It is to speed along big purchases.

As for fractional DMC for speeding up commissioning... I don't see the tracking being a problem for either .5 or .25. The awards for DMC are given exactly so it just math on the Wiki site. I agree that we do not want to change spending DMC for 30days TBX/TBG and make that tracking worse. I recently went through my characters' Adventure Logs to organize and clean them up.

I am still on the fence for fraction spending DMC for commissioning.

Systole

First Post
I vote DMC/Item as well. I'm on the fence about fractional DMCs. I could be persuaded to do 0.5 increments, but I don't love the idea of doing 0.25 or smaller.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases