Complete Redesign of D&D 5E Info Page!

tuxgeo

Adventurer
In the 'son-of-black' skin, the "Important Links" title vanishes into white, as do a few of the bullet points, presumably because they are font color="white".

GuJiaXian

Explorer
To be blunt, I don't like it as much. I used to be able to load one page and just scroll to find the new information. Now I have to click a series of links and wait for them all to load.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Why is it spread across different pages? If it was done in a wikipedia style (e.g., there's a "themes" page that lists everything we know about themes, and links to other pages), that would make some sense. As is, spreading a linear document across multiple web pages just makes it annoying.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
To be blunt, I don't like it as much. I used to be able to load one page and just scroll to find the new information. Now I have to click a series of links and wait for them all to load.

Becuase it was getting so long that editing it in the vBulletin style editor took absolutely ages. Just scrolling through the html to find the right section to edit would take ten minutes.

Why is it spread across different pages? If it was done in a wikipedia style (e.g., there's a "themes" page that lists everything we know about themes, and links to other pages), that would make some sense. As is, spreading a linear document across multiple web pages just makes it annoying.

Everything we know about themes.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In the 'son-of-black' skin, the "Important Links" title vanishes into white, as do a few of the bullet points, presumably because they are font color="white".

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't have a per-style colour editor, so I need to think of text colour which look good on black and white backgrounds.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Thank you for this. Breaking stuff up into smaller portions for reading means I can check back on things much more easily.

As for constructive criticism, the Articles section could probably use a little more breaking up. It kind of runs together for me unlike the 1.2.3 3rd section drill down portions.

Also, a lot of the material hyperlinks to blog posts and articles over at Wizards. Would it be overly repetitive or perhaps laborious to list and link these in the Articles section too? Wizard's archive overview of them isn't as handy imo.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Also, a lot of the material hyperlinks to blog posts and articles over at Wizards. Would it be overly repetitive or perhaps laborious to list and link these in the Articles section too? Wizard's archive overview of them isn't as handy imo.

That's too much work to add for me, but it's a wiki - so if anybody wants to do that, they can.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases