Proposal: Wayangs

Qik

First Post
Yeah, after seeing yourself and a few others elsewhere comment about it, I decided I didn't want to wait and purchased the pdf myself.

I too enjoyed my initial look through it. Lots of reasons to play each of the races; seems to be something for just about everyone. Definitely a lot of things to look at, but after handling UM and UC, I think we'll be fine, even if it does take a while.

My biggest initial excitement is the surplus of options for those who want to play a character focused on natural weapons: finally, one doesn't need to be a half-orc or take a ranger dip.

Out of curiourity, SK, what alternate racial trait are you referring to?

Edit: A bit disappointed to see the Merfolk alternate racial trait that grants them a land speed of 15 ft. Might vote against that for LPF, myself...

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Suli. A strict reading of the shockshield specifically changes a once a day swift action lasting n rounds to a once a round immediate action that doesn't have a limit on rounds/day or reuse. Since they specifically changed the frequency of activation, it opens it up to usable more than one fight a day. It is only as strong as Bramble Armor from the Plant domain, but is still significantly stronger than the original ability.

What's wrong with fast mermaids? ;)

jkason

First Post
Not gotten through much of the pdf yet, but the base Wayang stats seem to be the same, with alt options which seem to add flavor without being overpowering, it seems to me. On a side note, this was the first drawing of one I'd seen, which definitely helped me think of them as more than just "dark gnomes."

I'll stick with my previous YES for the add here.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ok, now that the ARG info on this race is freely available on the d20srd I'll go ahead and place my vote. YES (I think that makes four). NOTE: I don't see anything terribly wrong with anything under the wayang write-up; my yes vote includes the race, its archetypes, gear, feats, spells, etc. Essentially the whole wayang write-up as presented in the ARG.

Qik

First Post
I added the Wayang as a playable race on the wiki.

I'm good with the ARG content too, but I don't want to assume it's approved via votes that were cast before it came out. Once RL settles down for me, I'll make a push to continue the discussion of the ARG content. Unless, of course, someone beats me to it. ;)

dammitbiscuit

First Post
I've always found the +4 for stealth to be o'ermassive, in 3.5 as well as here, and tends to encourage players of Small races to always take advantage of it. That said, not getting a Str penalty makes it a very interesting race for a small barbarian, TWF ranger, fighter, or magus - trade a little damage for +1 to hit ain't too bad, especially if you can make up the damage via class features.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Putting this back on page 1 - hard to find if you can't search the forum (which I believe is a Support only function - tho not sure)

Anyway I think we need to list the Wayang on the wiki.

blackwlf didn't list Lurker(or Shadow Magic) in his racial abilities and I was wondering where those two +2's came from and are wayangs humaniod(wayang) using that subtype or gnome?

Questions - this late - sorry.

Hm

blackwlf

First Post
Lurker I. . . forgot to list. Sorry.

Shadow Magic was dropped for the alternate racial trait Dissolution's Child. I thought that wayang's as a whole were approved, so that would be included. Was I mistaken? I can switch it back if needed.

. . . and I just noticed I apparently failed to list Dissolution's Child as well. Sorry. I started making the character on a MythWeavers sheet, and while moving things over I guess I lost some things.

The Pathfinder SRD lists them as humanoid with the wayang subtype.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases