Proposal: Wayangs

Qik

First Post
Now that we've had a little over a week for the Races thread, and have gotten a decent amount of responses, most of which are in favor of at least the considered addition of new PC races to LPF, I thought I'd give this a little bump to see if we were willing to continue with the discussion and potential vote on the Wayang. I'm not trying to rush; it just seems like the information-gathering thread is losing its inertia.

My quick summary of the thread shows that we have 2 YES votes (myself & SK), 1 likely no (IW), 1 probably-yes-but-might-want-to-wait (Mowgli), and two undecideds (GE & jk).

Again, by way of recap: I'm not convinced the ARG will change much when it comes to the Wayang, but if others wanted to vote to hold off, I would understand. Just wanted to nudge the decision-making process along a bit.

jkason

First Post
Heck with it. My 'race by trope' reservations don't seem to be the general consensus, and I don't find the crunch sufficiently unbalanced, so I'll throw a YES on this and think of it as a test case. Unless everyone suddenly retires all the gnomes and halflings to recast them as Wayang so their Little Folk get darkvision, they're likely to stay relatively rare, which seems appropriate.

IronWolf

blank
I am casting a NO vote for now. I would rather wait and see what the Races Guide has in store in its final form before making decisions on allowing new races. I can't guarantee I would vote yes then either, but at this point I want to see what the whole playing field looks like.

Qik

First Post
Thanks for chiming in, jkason and IronWolf.

So that leaves us at 3 yes, 1 no, with Mowgli and GlassEye yet to finalize their vote, and perrinmiller yet to chime in.

Qik

First Post
*bump*

I don't mean to push this vote/thread, but given all the discussion we've had about this topic, I'd hate to have it wind up languishing without finalizing the vote. If any of the remaining judges could give their word, official or otherwise, it'd be very appreciated.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I agree with IronWolf. We have one month before the Advanced Race Guide is out in both formats and I would like to see what is new with that source before making my final decision.

Satin Knights

First Post
The book is out. PDF is available for purchase now. Did that! :D I like the new stuff added for the wayang too.

I have just looked at a few things so far, but I am really liking this book.
Judge's work queue? ouch. It is going to take a while. I already found one oops where they screwed up big time in an alternate racial trait, with the alternate being way overpowered.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases