[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jbear

First Post
"Yes ... we have been warned not to disturb the puddles ... though they have something to do with why this place is ... broken. Faces in the puddles ... stories of the old ones that we cannot read. We can do little more here. So ... where to now?"

The myopic wizard looks to his companions for guidance.

jackslate45

First Post
"Didn't Adler give us scrolls that can help us? We also found some in that alchemists shop. Can't we check those?"

Aradra seems intent on staying, seeing as them clues they have so far shown them that this is the place to be.

OOC: We have two scrolls of comprehend language that seem a little too easily placed. Also, being trained in linguistics Relic can get the gist. I don't think we should leave just yet

jbear

First Post
Relic scratches his beard, then his cheek, then his arm ... "Let me check. I haven't had good chance to actually see what I was given. I was hoping to do that when we rest tonight. You never know..."

He delves into his pack and pulls out his scroll case. He begins to rustle through it for a while and a few minutes later he pulls free two scrolls "Aha! Bless the Wind! I think these are the scrolls we found at that alchemist's house ... what was his name? Gerald? Anyway ... this should do the trick!"

He replaces one in the scroll case, seals it and puts the case away. Unfurling the scroll he reads the arcane symbols upon the page and touches his other hand to his throat, his ear and his mouth repeating the words "Lenguat Capiscat".

The scroll disintegrates into ash in his hands as the magic enters the wizard's body. With a determined look on his face he returns to the plaques and begins to decipher them one and all systematically. He does not read them aloud directly lest he unleash some unknown power though he will communicate to his allies the meaning of what he reads.

[sblock=OOC]For some reason I never noted them on Relic's sheet. I did have a recollection of them being given but had remembered them as being from Alder. When I went back to look at the page when Alder gave Relic the loot it wasn't there, so I thought I had mis-remembered. So, good memory, jack! Nicely done! [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The greatest philosophers of the learned colony of Nal-Kashel are buried in this graveyard. Deceased luminaries were interred in these pools, where their essences were absorbed by the magic of the reservoirs and their memories and likenesses were maintained. Students of Nal-Kashel blood may summon the simulacrums of deceased lecturers to witness their most important and famous lessons. Once the pools are energized with the blood of Nal-Kashel, one reaches their hand into the pool, giving a piece of themselves and calls forth a professor by his name and title. Freshmen are not permitted to activate or view these lectures.

Aulus
Observant Councilor Most High
His speech on solar calculation, Lesson 3 of 6.

Gr...aindal

Hi.. Coun....or .. ..an.. .......
His speech on ..an.. at....... .. .....fu. ...uat....

Mor...t.l

Co...i..r of B...in..
His t...hi... on lo.. ...m co...ne...t, Lesson 12 of ...

Ossoryol

Master of Lenses & Optics
The Master’s final lecture on celestial alignment, Part the All.

Pi..reas..l

....er Man..ul..or
... to l.. th..u.h ...th, Lesson 8 of ...

..rim..l

Mas..r Ph..i..an
Susta....g p..pe..al ...ic. ...ou.. necr..ntic .......s, Lesson 4 of 6.

Erinthander

Grand Provost of Spheres & Glyphs
His platform on the implications of solar sigils & wards, Lesson 2 of 3.

The layers of corrosion on four of the plaques make deciphering them too difficult at the current time.

jbear

First Post
Relic frowns as he makes sense of the script. "So ... we are standing in what seems to be a university graveyard. The professors were buried in those pools. By dropping blood in them and saying the professors name with your hand in the pool you can call one to give a lecture of some sort. Presumably with that knowledge we could repair the Machine of Changes."

He looks at the nearby bodies, and then the pools. "The blood has to be Nal-Kashel ... so I doubt we count. Yet." He scratches his skin irritation some more. "These bodies however ... may still have some blood in them. Whoever puts there hand in the pool has to give something of themselves ... is that something we wish to do? And when I say we, I guess I mean me."

He stands up straight, cracking his back with a sigh. "If it is, we will need to look for the names that mark the pools in some way. Perhaps the weeds have grown up and cover them. There must be a way to tell who lies where."

rb780nm

First Post
Approaching the others, Iosef says "Perhaps we should find and assess the machine first - so that we may know who's wisdom to call upon?"

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks to the dead bodies, then to the pools, then to the writing on the plaques. He starts to express himself in Venzan, but the words have difficulty coming to him, so he shrugs and switches to Elven. "Ay, Elder Storyteller, I know ye oft believe that all yon scribblings we uncover contain some vast wisdom, and mayhap they sometime do. But in this case, bare your eyes!" He nods to the bodies. "I don't rightly ken wha'ever magicks these are, but it looks tae me as though any blood will do, in that someone were using the Snaketouched fer it, if yon bodies are any clue. And personally, I'm nae keen on any of us opening our veins near those wicked silvery waters, but there's a great heap of Snaketouched 'round the bend, it's nae as if their blood is doing them aught good at the moment."

Satin Knights

First Post
Having a better understanding of the purpose of the pool now, Aradra is sure that these bodies here have already been spent to power the pool previously.

The stone lip of the vessels that hold the silvery pools is bare and featureless. The depth of the pools and if they interconnect below ground is indeterminable without foolhardy action.

jbear

First Post
Relic nods. "Yes ... you're right, Daylilly. Good thinking. You are talking about the skum that tried to ambush us, of course. Maybe you could fetch us one of the bodies. We could try it out I guess. See what happens."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Whatever we're going to do, let's be about it. I mislike this place, and it seems to mislike us just as much." Kalinn bout of nerves from earlier seems to have passed; she stands straight and watches the surrounding area for further ambushes.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 27 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +09 CMD: 22
Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 104/104
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 99/99
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +08 CMD: 20
Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 3/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases