[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
After being helped to the back room, "It was our wedding night. We went out to Wedding Rock as it is tradition to do in her village. I am from here in Venza, but moved north to a small fishing village named Kraken's Cove a few years ago. That is when I met Sara."

"Back to that night, we were consummating our marriage as is the tradition there. Then these frogish fish creatures that walk on two legs attacked and stole her. They uses some magic that clouded my mind and made it hard to cast. They split into two groups, one stealing her away while the other was attacking me. In the surf, I could hear her screams as she was being taken to the isle. But, try as I might, I could not get to her. I was able to get off one fireball, but that only dropped a few of them. I had nothing I could do to fight the ones already in the ocean."

"Kraken's Cove is just a small fishing village. They have no one there that take on a serious fight and rescue. So, I came here riding through the day and night. Grog found me jobs when I was young. Now I am here to hire you to save my wife."

jbear

First Post
"Your wife, Sara ... has she shown any talent for the Art herself? Even if she was not trained as such ... has she ever shown any kind of unexpected talent?"

Strangely, Relic's questions seem very personal to him and somewhat unrelated to the events taking place.

Satin Knights

First Post
"No, she is just the daughter of a fisherman. I was only allowed by the elders to marry her because of my gifts as a mystic crafter. The villagers don't like outsiders. But as a weaver of magic, I earned their respect."

jbear

First Post
"Ah... I see."

A light of hope that seemed to be flickering in the old man's eyes is quickly spent.

"It is of no matter. Frog-like creatures ... who surge from the sea ... hmmm ... let me think ... that sounds awfully familiar."

Relic sits quietly thinking.

Satin Knights

First Post
Neither his travels or his books have prepared Relic enough to know these creatures from the description.

"Yes, Yes, it is two days travel to get there normally. The superstitious villagers say she has been taken to the Forbidden Isle. They say no one comes back from there. But strong heroes like you should be able to rescue her. You wouldn't be scared away by silly superstition."

"There is a stable on the west side of town. We can rent horses there. The spell I used to get here will dissipate soon."

Still weak and with a broken arm, he is ready to return immediately.

Systole

First Post
Daylily wanders into the room, holding a bottle of cloudy, brownish liqour. "Elder Storyteller," he announces. "I am decide to be tired of the city, and wanting to go to the walkabouts again. So I am to pulling outs of Venza, and with plan to puttings my hammer in the many other places. We should having drinks, for gooding-bye."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
KalinnAriHeadshot-EW.png

"Let us make haste! We can discuss the possible nature of the attackers once we are en route," the Paladin says.

"I agree - we can get more accurate descriptions on the way. But I do need to make a stop to replenish my supplies . . . Aradra and I are barely back in town from an extended trek and I've pretty well used up all my expendable travelling gear.

"Worry not, though . . . I don't shop like most women."

Daylily wanders into the room, holding a bottle of cloudy, brownish liqour. "Elder Storyteller," he announces. "I am decide to be tired of the city, and wanting to go to the walkabouts again. So I am to pulling outs of Venza, and with plan to puttings my hammer in the many other places. We should having drinks, for gooding-bye."

Kalinn's nostrils flare at the sudden intrusion of . . . what the hell's is that smell? She looks on for just a bit longer than might be considered polite as the oderiferous elf bursts into the room and addresses the old priest. She breaks her gaze with a start and a slight look of embarassment, then looks around to the others present. Her speech is somewhat formal; this combined with her lilting accent makes it plain that the common tongue is not her first and that she is translating as she speaks.

"Many of you I've not met . . . I'm Kalinn, a warrior of the HaGruut clan high in the Seithr Mountains. It is my intention to accompany this man back to his home and to help him rescue his lady."

jackslate45

First Post
Shadow snorts as the elf enters the room, and looks up at the new arrival with a look of obvious dislike. He stands up and starts heading outside, clearly getting out of the way of the new arrival to relieve the wolf's over sensitive nose.

Aradra himself coughs a few times, trying in vein to forget the new arrival's smell. Is that sewer I smell on him?!

Shaking his head, in an attempt to steady himself, the ranger looks up and says "Aradra Longstrider, at your service. I have a few things that I need picked up at the Pearl, in addition to some last minute equipment. "

He looks towards their new contact and says "It shall not take long, and the more prepared we are, the better chance we have of reusing your wife. "

Systole

First Post
"It shall not take long, and the more prepared we are, the better chance we have of reusing your wife. "

Daylily pauses a moment, looks at Aradra, looks at the bottle, and looks at Aradra again. "Pssss ... Elder Storyteller," he whispers. "Is this being bad timings? I am mean, if you is in middle of re-using the wife of someones, I can maybe comings back, uh ... afterwards."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases