[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra yells down "They are fine up here!" before leaning against the wall, pulling out his waterskin, and taking a quick swig from it. He takes a seat on the stairs and thinks about what had just happened.

Shadow, sensing that his master has something on his mind, climbs up the stairs and licks Aradra's face once before going back down to chew on one of the tentacles that remained behind.

Upon suddenly hearing the storm subside, the ranger looks up at the nearest window, eyebrow raised.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Relic looks puzzled as the storm suddenly stops and the water level recedes back from where it came. Relic ceases his spell. "Good girl Incubo. Seems like you're smarter than me. Who would have thought."

He walks up the stair passing his hand over himself causing his clothes to dry out at the touch. He looks at the town folk huddle in fear in the corner, in particular at the lighthouse keeper. "So ... what was that?"

Satin Knights

First Post
"I have no idea!" says Gervus. "I know Larissa was a bitchy old woman, but did you have to let her die? I know she would say 'the sea takes what the sea wants to take', but that has never happened before." Some of the other villagers are sobbing and crying over the other two lost villagers.

jbear

First Post
Relic stares good and hard at Gervus. "Let her die? Are you suggesting that it is our fault that a giant sea creature attacked this place and dragged your old crone out of the window? Were you watching what happened or was your head too firmly entrenched in your backside, son of a gillman?! We were busy not being dragged out the window ourselves to worry about the fate of the crone or anyone else who welcomed us so warmly when we arrived. But wait ... I must have misheard you. I find it hard to believe that you would dare complain. But it's true, I am a little hard of hearing and it is difficult to understand your mumblings, what with your foot being in your mouth. Perhaps I was mistaken when I heard your complaints. Perhaps what you really said was 'Oh thank you good sirs for saving our miserable lives, for surely if you people had not been here we would have all been killed to the last man, woman and miserable child??' Was that what you meant to say? Oh ... and remind me, what was it YOU were doing while your friends and neighbours were being pulled to their deaths?"

jackslate45

First Post
"That was not your sea. The storm stopped too quickly to be anything natural. Based on what my companions already know, I think someone caused this storm to gather everyone up in one place, then attack it. " came the soldiers reply from the stairs after Relics outburst. Aradra stood up and looked around before continuing. "It's a well thought out plan. This was not a spur of the moment storm. Same with the crabs attacking. Someone out there wants this town wiped off the map. "

edit: adding that my response came after relic.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Relic nods at Aradra's words. "That all makes sense. Probably some passerby who was offended by the hospitality offered in this wretched place. We should leave early in the morning. "

Relic heads upstairs and resumes his study before curling up to sleep in a corner.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn slumps against the wall as the abyssal presence - sensing that the battle is over - return to the aether, leaving her drained and weak. After taking a moment to catch her breath, she walks slowly across the room to retrieve Hafísbíta's scabbard. She presses the jeweled pommel briefly against her forehead and murmurs something in a voice too low for any to hear before sliding the blade home.

[sblock=Draconic]"My thanks, honored one. You fought well."[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (13 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +7

Rage Block
Initiative: +3
AC: 21 (11 Touch, 18 Flat-Footed)
HP: 84/84
CMB: +7 CMD: 18
Fort: +11 Reflex: +6 Will: +6

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 22 (20 Flat-Footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +9 Reflex: +6 Will: +7

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 05/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+6/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/6 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily ignores the villagers while he heads to the top of the lighthouse, to see if there is anything he might be able to hit with a well-placed sling bullet. [sblock=Assuming there's nothing to see]Seeing no further enemies, he stalks back down the stairs and fishes the severed tentacles out of the water. He wrenches one of the suckers off and pops it in his mouth.

"Is taste much of the salt. Much chewies," he says. He brings the tentacles back upstairs to cook over the fire.

He seems thoroughly unconcerned at the loss of the villagers and the crone, and not particularly sympathetic to plight of those remaining. "The Hunter in the Darkness, he is take the weak and the slow. Is the way of thing. On the other fingers, I am not sure if the storm was the bad magics, though." He takes a bite of seared monstrous calamari. "Ah! This is much the better with the cookings."[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 17/47
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 25/55
CMB: +10 CMD: 22
Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Battlexe
Current Conditions in Effect: Fatigue
Rage Remaining: 3/9

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 2
Javelin, 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Gervus mutters to Cratchen, "Some heroes you brought." and turns to deal with calming down the rest of the townfolk. In general, the people shun you but are not openly hostile. They hunker down and try to get some sleep, for even though the storm has stopped, none seem to be willing to try and go out into the night.

[sblock=ooc]Nothing more to see, town folk are unfriendly, the water is slowly draining out of the downstairs. Many of you are wounded. Likely nothing more is coming before dawn, but the villagers are not going to chance it. The storm was definitely unnatural.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases