[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
The beach was pounded hard by the waves, so Aradra doesn't find any tracks, not even those of when the party approached the village an hour ago.

The shack at the end of the dock holds ropes and nets, well held ropes and nets. The storm battered it severely, breaking three out of four boards to the walls. The gear inside is now a tangled mess and would have washed out to sea if it was not so intertwined. Tight ropes tied to the dock lead down into the water on both sides.

jbear

First Post
As Daylily sheaths his tackle once more and Aradra mentions wanting to track the mysterious figure seen by the docks, the myopic Relic, who had seen nothing exclaims with surprise:

"Figure? What figure? No one mentioned a figure. So ... someone who didn't enter the lighthouse with the rest of the village? Interesting. Well worth talking to this figure."

At the beach Relic peers at the ropes that lead down into the water.

"Hmm... no one here. And ropes that go down into the water. Can you pull them up Daylilly, see what is pulling them so tight. It must be something heavy. I'll help of course, though I'm more likely just to get in the way and be a nuisance."

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
"Yes, is fines." The barbarian spits on his hands and gives the rope an experimental tug.
[sblock=OOC]Will Take 10 for a 14 to start. If that doesn't work, he'll actually give it a real roll at +4. If that doesn't work, he'll Rage and use his Strength Surge ability for +10.

EDIT: I think the Strength Surge just became my favorite rage power ever.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Daylily pulls on the rope. He feels something shift a bit, then snap, the rope breaks. Though the waters are as clear as churning mud, Aradra can barely make out the shape of a sunken boat that rocked a bit.
[sblock=ooc]I think a 30 STR check could snap a chain :D [/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra stared at the spot where the boat moved, before saying "It's a sunken boat that the rope was attached to, not a person. We can bring it up tomorrow when we have more people, but I think we will need at least two"

If no one objects to it Aradra will say "Let's keep moving then"

jbear

First Post
"Hmm ... a sunken boat. I wonder ..."

Relic projects his voice into the depth with the aid of a minor cantrip and in aquan says "Anyone down there? In the boat? We would like to talk to you."

He waits a few moments before brushing aside his hunch as the silly musing of an old man and shuffles on to catch up to Aradra.

ooc: AFK next couple of days

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Back at the lighthouse, Iosef attempts to calm and comfort the villagers with tales of Cortesia's blessings.

OOC:
Diplomacy +9

Systole

First Post
Daylily curses in Jiragan as the rope breaks and he goes pitching backward. "Fah! Why is they not make these stupids thing for not being so weak!" He peers over the side to see the outline of the ship. "Two times the Fah! I was hope it being a more interest thing than the boats. Time for look the other places, then?"

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Inside:
Cratchen thanks Kalinn for his condolences regarding the other villagers. "I just hope you will be in time to save Sara. I know a guy, Estevan. He is just crazy enough to row you out past the wedding rock to the forbidden island tomorrow. I don't think even he would be crazy enough to try it at night. I have some supplies back at my house. I will get them for you in the morning. Get some sleep."

In other conversations the paladin and lady try to calm and sooth the nerves of the villagers, but make no headway. They don't seem to ruffle any more feathers, just are simply ignored. Only Cratchen seems to like you, and he has his obvious motives.

When Kalinn finally sits and gets some rest, she feels a stirring in her soul. Having fought such a colossal beast, her dual heritage bloods are vying for power, each strengthening her body and growing impatient for the next combat in order to show their dominance. (Ding, ready to level)

Outside:
No one from below the waves responds to Relic. Getting bored, the trio make their way back up the dock to shore and through the tiny homes. Closer inspection shows many are marked with claw marks and are abandoned, maybe months ago. The closer to the sea, the more dilapidated they look. Sand has make its inevitable creep into the homes, along with the occasional miniature sand crab. You find one door that is latched closed but seems abandoned as well. The sign on the outside says Gerlach's Alchemy.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases