[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Systole

First Post
Daylily nods and ducks around the corner.
[sblock=OOC]Going to fetch two skum bodies and drag them back to the pools.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
When Daylily arrives back with the two bodies Relic takes out his sickle and slices open the palm of one of the skum's hand. "Let's try this first pool" he says indicating for Daylily to bring the body over to the first pool walking back towards them from the shrine.

He takes out paper and ink, ready to transcribe notes of what is said by any apparition.

When the bloody hand spills into the pool Relic says the name "Aulus, Observant Councillor Most High"

If nothing happens he then says "Ossoryol, Master of Lenses and Optics" and finally "Erinthander, Grand Provost of Spheres and Glyphs"

If this is not met with success he will ask Daylily to drag the body over to another pool and repeat the process systematically until some type of reaction is caused.

Satin Knights

First Post
Daylily jogs off, committing the explorer's sin of splitting the party. The slow holy man in a tin can doesn't even try to follow along. Getting to his destination, he does find the skum search party as he had left them. A crumpled mass of flesh. Tossing one over his shoulder, and dragging another by his arm along the road, he is able to return without being accosted himself. The one he was dragging has a bit of road rash, and left a smear on the stone road most of the way, but that should wash away with the next rain.

Relic uses his sickle to slice open the palm of the skum over the first pool. After the first drop of blood hits the pool, a silvery tentacle rises up and grasps the skum's body. Relic jumps back, startled. A ripple of black energy crackles over the body, as the last of its life essence is drawn into the pool. Relic calls out from a distance, "Aulus, Observant Councillor Most High", but the tentacle only wriggles and continues to feed. After the pool finishes its feasting, the tentacle tosses the body back five feet, discarding it. The tentacle sinks back into the silvery pool, which now has a more mirrored appearance, and lies placid and apparently now awaiting the second step and a command.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, who is going to stick their own hand into the pool to activate it? Bwahaha!!![/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
With a flourish Aradra draws his bow when he saw the tentacle reach out, but when it claimed the dead skum he lowered his loaded arrow to point at the ground. Once the pool settles, he says "OK, so that was creepy."

jbear

First Post
Relic frowns. "We will need too many bodies to figure out how this disgusting invention works by trial and error. Perhaps we should free a wisp or two and ask them about the names that correspond to the pools and what exactly happens to the person who sticks their hand in the pool. I don't really fancy putting my name in the pool and getting a name wrong."

Systole

First Post
"And now the magicks say for the Elder to putting his hand in?" Daylily says with a disgusted grimace. "I am not think this is good magicks, Elder. I am not want use this thing more. If this is necessary, then I am say we tie a Snaketouched hand to a stick, and then pokings the stick into the metal-water from many paces aways. We fool the magicks one times with the blood, so we cans probably fool the second times with the hand."

The barbarian spits on the ground. "But this is fouls magicks, Elder Storyteller. It make stink of walking death to me. I knows my name is new to me, and I knows I am not the too much smart, but I am think we is should leaving."

jbear

First Post
"Yes. Foul magic indeed. I have a feeling a living hand must enter the pool and that whoever places their hand must speak the name. But we do not know which is the right pool ... or what happens to the person who enters their hand. If we could free another wisp or two and they can tell us this ... I will take the risk. I would understand how to repair this machine of changes."

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Frost]{{If the pools are meant for students, and calling a professor by name and title is required, and they are not labeled, then any pool should be able to call any 'professor'. Also remember the truth of the wisp, "Knowledge is painful to acquire, and sorrowful to retain." }} echos in her mind.[sblock=ooc]Winterbite makes a wonderful clue-bot! :p[/sblock][/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
"I fear that we must take this risk. But if you'll permit me, I'll place myself in danger in your stead, friend." Iosef says, removing his glove and truning towards the pool.

OOC:
I hope everyone sees the lecture, not just the volunteer...

If noone stops him Iosef will plunge his hand in and repeat the command Relic used

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=SK]{{My thanks, Honored Ancestor, for your guidance.}}

[sblock=OOC]Indeed! Dragons be smart :D[/sblock][/sblock]

Kalinn's look becomes thoughtful - and somewhat distracted - as Daylily and Relic speculate about the pool. "If the pools are meant for students, and calling a professor by name and title is required, and they are not labeled, then any pool should be able to call any 'professor'. Also, didn't one of the wisps say, 'Knowledge is painful to acquire, and sorrowful to retain?'"

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 27 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +09 CMD: 22
Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 104/104
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 99/99
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +08 CMD: 20
Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 3/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases