[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jbear

First Post
"This place is ancient. I would imagine that the tree must be also. Fire ... Water ... runes marking the elements ... but for what purpose I do not know."

He heads over to the columns outside the circles to inspect them for clues that might be slipping past his weary eyes before moving on to take a look at the rocks nearby that seem man made as well.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
The stones and columns that remain here today seem to only do so because they were magically shaped from the bedrock and are part of the single stone that makes this grand pillar. The annoying hum that causes uneasy feelings continues and seems to come from all over up here.

For those other than Relic looking out, they get a good view of the maelstrom circling the other island. None of the floating debris seems to dip as low as the water line, so you have a good chance of slipping under the storm to get to the island. The sail is going to be working against you, so this will require strong rowing against the currents with the two oars that are left.

jackslate45

First Post
Shadow

Shadow gives a quick sniff of the items he found one last time before realizing Master should see this. And most importantly, the collar with the bolt of white that accompanies sky water.

Biting down on the collar to wrap it in his mouth, Shadow retreats back to Master to show it to him. Master stared hard at it, smiled and rubbed Shadow's head, signifying he was pleased. He walked over to the other items, and grabbed the paw cloth and the body choker.

Master pulls out a black stone with scrawling on it, and seems to compare the bolt of white with the scrawling on the board. After a minute, Master then goes over to White-Mane and presented the items Shadow found to him.

[sblock=OOC]
I am thinking that the amulet is a holy symol for the Stormlords, and based on the conversation Relic had with Aradra last night, Aradra would look at his Holy Symobl comparison guide first for confirmation. Aradra would then ask both Relic and Iosef for confirmation at that point.
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily watches the wolf dig something out of a hole and scurry off with something in his mouth. Bored with the rock, the barbarian wanders over to where Shadow was digging in case the wolf found something edible, and there is more of it in the hole.[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 58/58
CMB: +9 CMD: 21
Fort: +8 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +11 CMD: 23
Fort: +10 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +10
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greataxe (+10/1d12+6)
Current Conditions in Effect: Lingering rage
Rage Remaining: 11/11

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 4
Javelin, 2
Barbarian chew, 1
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Well, nothing of much interest here to see" Relic decides, moments before Aradra shows him the amulet.

"Oh ... well ... now where did you find that?" he remarks as he studies the symbol on the object as he moves towards the place that the ranger indicates that Shadow had dug it up. He watches what Daylily is doing out of the corner of his eye while he hums and ha's about what its discovery might mean.

He hands it over to Iosef for his inspection as well.

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The sigil on the amulet doesn't match up to any modern symbols for any of the Stormlords. The glyph seems more arcane in nature. Even though the boots have been buried a while, the leather on them has held up surprisingly well.

The wolf found the only three things in that hole. [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic frowns. "I suspect that given how well these things have kept within the earth that they are magical. But I hesitate to identify them ... the nausea it causes in this place is overwhelming. I may be of little use during the crossing after I do this ... but that is nothing new ..."

He takes off the Ring of Swimming and gives it to Iosef. "I have thought of another way to deal with falling out of the boat. Your armour looks the heaviest. you may need it more than me."

"May the Wind blow gently ..." he prays before taking a deep breath to brace himself for the unpleasant experience he knows is about to come. Then he attempts to attune his senses into a narrow focus upon the objects that Shadow has dug from the earth.

Systole

First Post
Daylily tosses the belt over to Iosef. "Is pretty thing to match the metal clothes for you, Sunchild." The barbarian investigates the boots, knocking the dirt out of them and then pulling them on to see if they fit.[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 58/58
CMB: +9 CMD: 21
Fort: +8 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +11 CMD: 23
Fort: +10 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +10
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Boots
Current Conditions in Effect: Lingering rage, prone (sitting)
Rage Remaining: 11/11

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 4
Javelin, 2
Barbarian chew, 1
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Relic]You were able to figure out that the belt is a Belt of Physical Might +2 STR. The other two auras are detectable, but with the saturating interference generated by the maelstrom, you are unable to tell what they are. The effort though has made you sickened for 10 rounds, which is -2 to all rolls basically. Maybe finding a place shadowed from the storm will improve the situation.

Three other spell casters, and none of them can cast detect magic. Wow.[/sblock][sblock=Daylily]The boots looked to be a little tight and small for you. You try slipping them on anyways, and they expand to fit comfortably. You stand up to try them out. Your step feels a little bouncier and faster. These are very good boots. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases