[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Leveled!!!]Frost, Daylily and Relic all leveled. Iosef has been put on AWOL status and is no longer earning XP from Feb 5th on. You can use him to heal until his channels and spells run out. Pack mule duty works for him too.

3 items from the last looting have not been claimed yet. I am still thinking on what might be on these latest critters. I still have the "desired lists" saved in my inbox.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Apologies. I am Relic Nevyn. I will let me companions introduce themselves to you. But do not fret, and please stop that crying. I do so hate it when a woman cries. Alder lives, please do not misunderstand. He gave me this staff and other magics to assist in returning you to his side safe and sound. Now ... we have found you, we can begin planning our departure. Although I believe my companions will agree, first we must discover the dark magic that is turning us into fish, and twisting the mind of the sea to madness and stamp it out. We believe we have fixed something ... what that is exactly we are yet to learn. But it seems to have freed you from captivity, which is at least something. So ... as we return you to the safe room we have found, where you can rest, and our virtuous friend, Iosef, will protect and watch for you, you must tell us of the nightmare that has befallen you, so we can better understand what it is that is going on here exactly ..." Relic takes her hand, smiling kindly and giving it a reassuring pat with his other wrinkled hand, gently guiding her towards the broken tower where they had slept.

[sblock=Loot] I think I am ahead of the curve with loot right? So Relic will bow out of claiming anything

After healing Daylilly and Kalinn, we could have Iosef guard Sara in the tower while we continue, maybe?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily wanders back to the group, dragging a cloaker corpse behind him and chewing on something that seems suspiciously leathery. "These thing, they are made of jerky," he announces. "They is need some salt, but other the wise, they are not bad."

[sblock]You can hold off on loot until we find a more likely place for it, as far as I'm concerned.

And Kalinn should totally take the Feather Step Slippers. They are really good for any melee fighter, and pretty good for just about anyone else.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra runs over to Shadow, making sure that the wolf is Ok.

Once he ensures that his companion is feeling better, Aradra looks out over the cliff, making sure more monsters where not on thier way.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: I got the Robe of Arcane Heritage by default, but will happily take the Feather Step Boots as well unless someone has an objection.

Frost lets her rage die along with the last of the Cloakers, and stands panting for a few seconds as the adrenaline fades.

"Aye, Sara, it's you we've been looking for. Your man's very worried . . . traveled all the way to Venza to find and hire us to bring you back safely. But Relic has the right of it. We've got to finish off the evil taking over this place now, both for our sakes and for the sake of your village.

"I'm Kalinn."

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily perks up. "So, this ugly woman is one we are lookings for?" The barbarian shakes his head. "Ayaaah, the womens that you city peoples chase. It makes no senses to me. So we are finish, then? I supposing it was not so bads. I eated many tasty things, and soon I will trade some yellow metal to a spirit walker for to cure my face."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC/Leveling]Something's off with Kalinn's XP - I may be missing something.

I have her at 50,928 XP on 11/21. Since then, it looks like we've earned 5,940 Encounter XP and she's gotten 13,456 TXP (116 Days at 116 XP/Day) for a total of 70,324 XP. That's 1800 short of what you show, and just shy of her level.

The difference is in the encounter XP - you've got her at 7,740. I'm betting (because I did it as well the first time I was adding them up) that you added 2400 to each of the characters for the "Rescuing Sara" ad hoc reward, rather than 600 each. For some reason that 2400 hits the eye before the 600 listed after it in the list.

(Tried to PM this to you but your box is full :D)[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra turns back towards the newfound memeber and says "Glad to finally find you, Sara. My name is Aradra. And the wolf chewing on the wing is Shadow." The wolf looks up, a bit of wing still in his mouth.

Turning back to towards Daylily and says "I agree with Kalinn and Relic, we are not done yet. We have a safe place that we can keep Sara. Besides, " Aradra says with a small smile " Don't you have a loincloth to make still?"

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=OOPS!!]Yep, I screwed up the numbers. It was definitely the 2,400 vs 600 issue. People haven't leveled yet. I went through and recalculated for everyone. Frost will level by Sunday if you don't finish a fight sooner than that. Daylily and Relic are due to level by the fourth of April. Don't bother undoing and upgrades you had done on the wiki.
I also cleared a bit more space on the inbox. I keep my judge notes in there until a game is done, so my mailbox is always just a couple from full.

Treasure: I just added a block to the first page for treasure splits. Yep, I overdid Relic's toys by quite a bit. But then again, he is the frailest of the party members. The shirt was intended for Daylily since he gets grappled about every third fight. The gloves were just cute and fit in the wardrobe at the time. Frost or Aradra could get very good use out of the slippers. An archer that can never be pinned down in difficult terrain is nice. And well Aradra has been selfless or screwed over so far, depending on perspective. But, he is building towards a possible +4 weapon. Ouch!

Don't worry about the treasure slipping above earnings a bit. We are only half way through the module. In other words, Frost can have the slippers too. Well, Relic, you are cut off for a bit. :blush: At least you got some very nice goodies. So far, Ardra has been getting leftovers. We will fix that soon.

Iosef: guard duty sounds good. He slipped out slightly ahead of the treasure curve too. Might need to reallocate there.
[/sblock]

"Oh, okay, that sound better. For a minute, I thought you might have killed him." She catches her breath while Ardra checks on his wolf. After a few rounds Shadow is fine again.

"Umm, I was at wedding rock with Alder and then something came over us while we were... You can guess that part.... The euphoria and bliss was special and sacred. But then these fishmen came. They grabbed me and dragged me away while Alder tried to fight them off. Everything from then on is hazy. They took me underground to a large room. Something there stripped my will to resist away. Later I found myself with many of the other villagers. We were digging."

She sobs, "The other prisoners told me the wedding rock was a trap. For centuries, the skum have been charming and impregnating women on their wedding night, breeding more of them. The children grow up looking human, but take to the sea one day when they are old. There was also something about this island. The island itself seems to turn humans into the fishmen. We had an alchemist, Gerloch. He was trying to find a way to reverse those changes. He came here six months ago to research. He was the first of us to disappear at a young age. Then more and more disappeared. Now we are slaves, digging to release their master."

"Gerloch is more fish than man now. We were resistant to their demands, but he went to the big dome to experiment. That is when we lost our resolve."

Drying her tears, "But, just a few minutes ago, my will returned. Sneaking out to the stairs, I ran. You were here to save me."

"The rest of the villagers, they are at the bottom of that cliff."
Pointing towards the edge.

Getting defiant at Daylily's comments, "Ugly! You're a bald, frog eyed freak yourself! I was beautiful a month ago. That is why Gerloch was here. To find a way to reverse this in the fisherman that came too close to the island for too long. The others told me some were born to the ugly, others had it grow upon them."

Systole

First Post
[sblock]No way Daylily is putting on something made out of cloth. That's for sissies. And getting grappled isn't really a big deal, especially since he's really begun to understand that being grappled is generally pretty much a mistake on the other guy's part. Oh, I'm being constricted for 1d8+3? So I'm down to 96/103? That's terrible. Now hold still while I punch you twice for 1d4+14.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases