[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
"Yes. If you release me, I will not harm the wisps, the wolves, the elf, the human, the tainted sister from the abyss, the spiders, the flies, toads, worms or lizards in this tower. Even the dragon's blade will come to no harm by me for the allotted time."

"You spent all that time preparing defenses, and now ask that I drop mine? I am not interested in committing suicide today, so I will decline that request. My offer is fair."

"Both your morals and your deities compel you to do as I ask. Fighting me shall gain you nothing but pain and death. I have no treasure for those few who might survive. No mortal of this realm knows my name, so fame you will not gain. If you are so lucky as to kill me, it will only push me out of this realm for a few days. You do not want to give me a reason for taking vengeance."
"My offer is fair."

Systole

First Post
Daylily blows a loud and extended raspberry at the creature. "The spirits say that keeping prisoner is for the bad. But to kill a thing? This is for the natural. So you is lie or you is stupid, wicked thing.

"And first you say you do not want die, then you say to die is not so bad and not for long. So you is more lie or you is more stupid, wicked thing.

"And then you say this is for make big name or make big yellow metals, and that we shoulds be fearing of you."
The barbarian looks utterly offended. "I have name of Daylily, and I have name of Falshenaya, and the yellows metal mean nothing to me. I am frees you because this is right, and I am kills you because this is also right. And if it is true that to die is not for long for you, then coming and find me when you get back. Because I will killings you more deader the second time."

With a feral growl, the barbarian prepares to launch himself at the source of the voice, but then pauses, and a slow smile creeps across his face. "Uyah, Trickster Spawn, I have question. How to kill this wicked thing dead forever?"

Satin Knights

First Post
"Hmmm. Only those that can rewrite reality have the power to summon an unwilling devil to his final doom, but only if they speak his name."

"Ha ha ha ha. Yeah, what he said."

"By the way, thank you for giving me your name."

Uncharacteristically, the wisp does not zip away. This showdown apparently is rather entertaining.

jbear

First Post
"I will take a look at the creature" states Relic, as he steps well to the back of the room, a moment before he casts a spell.

[sblock=OOC] Relic moves the rest of his movement to BJ -2 and casts See Invisibility using his Ring. Celestial dog takes his place. He will try and identify (please feel free to roll any relevant checks for Relic the creature.

Unless he is mortified by the creatures invincible power he will cast Creature Water above the creature, so it dumps over its form and forms a pool at its feet and send in the celestial dog to attack first. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily snorts derisively. "I am not the first with this name. It is old name, with much power, and many in my clan have use it over the many year. So if wicked things could hurt the name or the name-bearer, this would have happen long time before. But they did never, yes? So this is more lie and more weak threat, wicked thing. I have no fears of you. By the ways, Elder Storyteller, after you sees him, please telling me if the cold iron or the silver is better for hittings him hard in the face."

Satin Knights

First Post
Relic peers through the veil of invisibility to see a creature far less imposing that any others that you have met today. With a simple cantrip, he attempts to douse the creature in order to give the others a chance to see its form. It twists and avoids the deluge of water, which crashes to the floor, washing away bits of the silver dust forming the pentagram. Sparks fly as the magic that has stood a thousand years shorts out and dissipates away.

With a command from its master, the celestial wolf bolts into the ring to find the reeking foe it can now smell and yelps as it passes the first threshold ring. The contemptuous creature, having been waiting for any such mistake, takes advantage of this great blunder and bolts for the southern stairwell along the ceiling of the room as soon as the barrier fell. Relic loses sight of it after only ten feet of movement as it disappears beyond his hazy vision.

Snorting and chuckling erupt in the room from many locations. The uncontrolled giggles are turning into full out belly laughs as the infectious nature of laughs cascades and grows. A few wisps start fading into view.

[sblock=Relic]You see a fearsome, grand and mighty..... Imp.
He is about 18 inches tall, flapping heavily to make a ruckus far greater than his true size.
Imp-sm.png

You also see seven more will-o-wisps that have been following you silently and invisible.

Normally, I would let you separate your actions, but they were written together rather specifically. And this is just too comical to pass up happening this way. :lol:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat Rd 1]
...86/87 ~ AC 18+1 ~ Daylily ~ Prot f/Evil 1.9 min
...59/59 ~ AC 14+4+1 ~ Relic ~ neutralize poison 4.8 hrs, Mage Armor 8 hrs, Resist Fire 8hrs, Prot f/Evil 1.9 min, Create Water Ranged Touch attack (1d20+5=11) misses
...16/17 ~ AC 15 ~ Celestial Wolf ~ moves to center trying to find by scent
...96/96 ~ AC 21 ~ Aradra ~ Abundant Ammo 6.7 min , Gravity Bow 6.8 min, Prot f/Evil 1.9 min, Iron Will
101/101 ~ AC 22+4+2 ~ Shadow ~ amulet active, Mage Armor 8 hrs, Resist Fire 8hrs, Prot f/Evil 1.9 min
104/104+18T ~ AC 27+4+2~ Frost ~ Prot f/Evil 7.7 min, Shield 7.8 min, temp HP (1d8+10=18), Heroism 9.5 min, Enlarge 9.5 min

??/?? AC ?? Fearsome devil ~ Readied move, still invisible, moving fast to escape
??/?? AC ?? Many more than three Will-o-Wisps ~ giggle uncontrollably
[/sblock][sblock=map]
island80.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic snorts. "Daylilly was right. It was a lying little imp. Sorry ... I don't know what came over me. I should have ... oh never mind. In any case, there is no danger. I am off to study my spells."

And with that, the wizard marches down the stairs to do just that.

Systole

First Post
Daylily laughs along with the wisps. Throwing down his hammer, he draws a potion. "I knewed it, but I still wants my loincloth! So now we see ifs the trader was honest!" He throws back the potion and rises into the air. "Hah! Trickster Spawn! I ask on you to find the wicked thing, pleases! I follows you!"

[sblock=OOC]Drop hammer, draw potion of flying, drink potion of flying. Should give me 60' move to the imp's 50' move, although it does have a head start. If he can catch up to it, Daylily will rage and Strength Surge to attempt to grapple it and bring it back to the party alive. He's also relying on the wisps to think chasing down a terrified imp might be fun.

And yes, I realize they could lead Daylily to bad places. And I also understand that he is blowing a 750gp potion on a CR2 creature. However, Daylily is impulsive and doesn't care about money. Time for imp vs. flying barbarian Death Star trench scene![/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I am not sure how auto know spells are handled during a game. Does that take study time to learn and ink etc.?

Relic will learn 2 lvl 4 spells: Wind Spell: Summon Monster IV and Black Tentacles.

Depending on how long that takes and the time of day, Relic will continue studying other spells. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases