[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A slight smile turns up the corner of Kalinn's mouth. "A joke? Come now, Daylily . . . everyone knows the Darkchildren have no sense of humor."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Current Block
Initiative: +02
AC: 30 (13 Touch, 27 Flat-Footed)
HP: 124/124
CMB: +19 CMD: 30
Fort: +14 Reflex: +10 Will: +10

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 27 (14 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 94/94
CMB: +12 CMD: 26
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 124/124
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 119/119
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 94/94
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 05/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 02/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 3/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 3/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 2/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The thin layer of shale cracks at first, then shatters with the second strike. With the stone cleared, an Glaive-Guisarme pole arm hangs on the remaining wall. While most pole arms have wooden shafts and metallic heads, this one is entirely composed of a black metal that has polished shine to it. When the light hits it just right, flares of red seem to dance across the surface of the blade.

Frost's demeanor changes slightly from jovial to measured after seeing the blade.
"You must treat"...
"her with respect"...
"at all times"...
"for her to serve you well."

[sblock=Frost]Frost is relaying Winterbite's words.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic winces as Daylily begins hammering the wall. "I'm trying to ... oh never mind" he grumbles, returning to his arcane penmanship. After completing the inscription he begins the study of one of the scrolls he had found earlier and then begins scribing it as well. After many long hours seated at the desk he yawns, cracks his back and settles in for one more hour of quiet memorisation before trundling over to the door and activating the lock with a cantrip. Curling up on the comfortable bed, the old man falls into a deep sleep until late the next morning.

[sblock=OOC] I would like to have Relic study and scribe in Fly and then memorise his spells, before locking us (those that choose to stay in the room at least) safely inside the room with Presdigitation and going to sleep. [/sblock]

[sblock=Relic lvl 8]

Relic Nevyn
(Lvl 8) Human Wizard 7/Oracle 1
HP: 59/59
AC: 14 Touch 14 FlatFooted 11
Initiative: +8; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Fish Skin: -2 Cha; must get wet or staggered 1/day; +2 Escape Artist checks & CMD vs Grapple
Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +8
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp; Magic Missile 0/3 Used; Feather Fall
Lvl 2: Summon Monster II, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility; Levitate x2
Level 3: Haste 0/2 Used; Lightning Bolt; Fly
Level 4: Black Tentacles, Summon Monster IV x 2
Bonded Ring:
Pearl of Power (lvl 1):
Pearl of Power (lvl 2):
Lightning Flash 8/8 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 3/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (45/50) charges
Wand of CLW: (49/50) charges
Rod of Lesser Extend: 3/3 uses left today
Quarterstaff of Spellstoring: +4; 1d6+1 dmg Charged: No Charge
Consumables: 4/4 CLW Potions; 7/8 trail rations
Scrolls prepared for Battle: Shield, Ray of Enfeeblement, Hypnotism, Moment of Greatness
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 30'; as Darkvision
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra raises his eyes at Frost' message, and looks suspiciously at Daylily's find in the wall. Pulling out his bow, Aradra pulls the string taught and aims it at some invisible fly on the wall. He snaps the sinew cord, and listens for the hum that he hears all the time. While not musically trained, the bow has the same snapping sound it always had. It doesn't sound like anything is wrong...

Deciding to trust his companion, Aradra moves over to the metal cord to examine it carefully. Trying to remember his training in the army, he attempts to identify the metal before picking it up to examine it in detail.

[sblock=OOC]
I am going out on a limb here to try and ID it with Profession Soldier. Just to say I actually used the roll once... 1d20+9=18
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Wells, the Darkchildren, they have a humor, but usually its is being the painful type of humor, yes?"

When the wall opens, Daylily seems at first surprised and then indignant. "This is a moonspear! These people, first they make prisoner the Trickster Spawn, and then they make prisoner the Trickster weapon? And they make prisoner the loincloth, and the Big Prisoner ... I am think there is nothing that these people didn't make the prisoner! Chah! I am to take this back to Jirago. This should be of the Trickster-speaker of the clan." He takes the weapon and begins to check its condition.

Satin Knights

First Post
While not as rare as mithral or adamantine, there is a mineral called living steel that has a green color when it is refined. It is normally used in armor or melee weapons because of its ability to repair itself over time. And when it clashes with normal steel, it has a tendency to damage the mundane weapons. The cord is a finely woven bow string of the metal that looks as if it has never been attached to a bow, so is essentially new, even if it is ancient.

As Aradra looks over at Daylily's find, it seems he got the much more rare metal.

Daylily picks up the weapon and feels the strength of battle running through it. The handle feels a bit rubbery for a moment until he grips it firmly in a battle stance. Then it solidifies in a seemingly custom built grip for the elven warrior.

Relic is busy, studying and trying to concentrate on his work.

[sblock=Status]Daylily's Perception (1d20+13=19)
Daylily's Will save (1d20+5=24)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily chuckles. "Yes, this is Trickster weapon. It wiggle in my hand, but I am much practice at having the sure grip."

[sblock=OOC]Intelligent item with the Uncaring drawback?[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Frost continues
"Ask her nicely to"...
"reform in the shape"...
"of an earthbreaker."

[sblock=ooc]Not quite, but worthy of an upgrade to an intelligent weapon later. It's bordering on the edge now. Since Relic will get to checking her over sometime before he goes to bed, +1 Furious Transformative Adamantine Glaive-Guisarme. Research by others later will inform you her name is 'Wrath' in the draconic language. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily looks dubious, but shrugs. It's hardly the strangest thing he's encountered in his travels. "Trickster spear, is you please can make shape of big hammers?"

[sblock=OOC]Wow, that's a spendy weapon. 21,012gp by my math. However, quite awesome. I was thinking of going for an adamantine furious earthbreaker later on.

What was the Will save for, then?

Also, how long does it take to change sizes? A standard action? The description doesn't say.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Instead of forming the shape of an earthbreaker, the weapon writhes and forms the shape of a warhammer in his hand. With a little experimenting and placing it side by side with his original earthbreaker, both touching, Daylily is able to get his new weapon to take the shape of the old one. The silver vs. black is a stark contrast.

[sblock=ooc]Well, Daylily has earned 36,895 GP on the island so far, and I needed to keep up on doling out the treasure. This gets him caught up. Aradra's new toy is pricier.

Will save? What will save?
Just an evil GM seeing if he can get the player to panic. :lol:

Since it doesn't say, it is a standard action to command it to change. It keeps the new form until it is unattended, so, until it is dropped. So, you can change it to an earthbreaker, sheath it, and redraw the weapon, it wills still be an earthbreaker. Greatsword works too. Any two handed melee weapon for medium sized creatures is possible. I couldn't give you a perfect match to your desires. :lol: But, this weapon is cool enough that Daylily will likely carry it throughout his career. Wrath has a temper. If you work with her she will fuel your rage. But, if you don't treat her with respect, well...

P.S. You drove away the devil. But you didn't tell the poor, sickly paladin that, and left him out in the rain? :blush:
Yes, the player went AWOL and is written off. But the characters don't know that.[/sblock]

Remove ads