[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Systole

First Post
Daylily spits on the ground. "Wicked womans! You think the spirit is hide his face from the visitor?" he sneers. "I have much of nothing to say to you. You is bad talker to spirit. You say go to the others house, then I am go to the others house. But I am takes my respecting with me. Ukette'e otuuk fe'saign, xhan." The last sentence is in his native language, and while the exact meaning of the words is lost, the tone is unmistakably vulgar.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 47/47
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +10 CMD: 22
Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: 9/9

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 2
Javelin, 2
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic glowers at the woman as well. He however bites his tongue. He heads on towards the lighthouse, spurring Incubo on to catch the young ones. The figure at the far docks is beyond Relic's range of vision.

"Greetings. You go to the lighthouse to find shelter from the storm? Would you help an old man guide his horse there safely? My vision fails me."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
KalinnAriHeadShot-EW.png

Kalinn moves along with Daylilly and Relic, behind the group of youngsters. As soon as the rising wind will cover her voice, she leans over to speak with the (other) barbarian. "I don't like this, Veli. It stinks of ansa . . . a trap."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (20 Flat-Footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +8 Reflex: +6 Will: +6

Rage Block
AC: 21 (18 Flat-Footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 89/89
CMB: +7 CMD: 18
Fort: +11 Reflex: +6 Will: +8

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/6 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Shield
[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
"Are those children wandering out to the sea? They are in great danger! I thought people from a fishing village would understand what happens during a storm...."

The paladin races towards the jetty, following the youngsters.

Satin Knights

First Post
Since the old man asked nicely, one of the teenagers grabs the reins of Incubo and helps lead him across the jetty to the lighthouse. The other teenagers glare at the wild elf, but none of them muster up the courage to bump him off the slippery rocks and into the water. "You came to my village you sewer rat. If you want my protection, you will do as I say!" shouts the old woman at Daylily over the crashing of the waves. Mean spirited as she is, she is herding along the last of the visible villagers to the only fortified stone building, the lighthouse.

The stone structure of the lighthouse looks to be about five stories tall from the outside. Its base is a good fifty foot diameter. There are windows in the upper floors, pointing out in each of the cardinal directions. At the top, a mystical red light spins, sweeping out across the sea. Loosely tied up against a small dock is a rowboat.

As you enter, you find the puddles and seaweed litter the floor on the first level. A rusty staircase against one wall leads up fifteen feet to the next level. Voices that you heard above shush shortly after you enter. "Larissa, I told you to get the last of the people, but did you have to drag in outsiders too?" comes from a man on the staircase. "They've come to rescue Sara." Alder replies. "Bah, The sea gives when she gives. She takes when she takes. You don't get to decide when either of those happen you fool." comes from the crone apparently named Larissa. "Well, they rescued me." pipes up Callyus, who then realizes how embarrassing the statement was. "Well, if you've done that much so far, I shouldn't throw you to the storm then."

The man on the staircase:
Gervus.png

[sblock=ooc]There is room enough to shelter the horses in here as well, as most of the villagers are upstairs.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra was shocked to see the kind of treatment they were getting. From the rash Druid to the clear way the others did not care about rescuing those who were taken. They were warned of a distrust of outsiders, but still...

Shaking his head slightly, he simply waits for the others to speak. He looks around the room, keeping watch for anything suspicious.

The large wolf growls at some of the children as it passes by, clearly on edge due to rising storm.

jbear

First Post
"Ehehehem" Relic clears his throat a little more deliberately than necessary to draw the old crone's attention upon himself. "Seawife Larissa," and then nodding to the man on the stairs, "Good Ser. I will not mince words, as you seem to not do so yourselves and likely expect others to show you the same respect. I am Nevyn. My companions and I have been asked to come in aid of one of your daughters, taken by monsters who have risen from the sea. So we will not thank you for any hospitality shown to us, however begrudgingly. We will remain here only long enough to organise transport to the Forbidden Island. Our plight should be of little concern to you whether a success or a failure."

Turning upon the old crone he adds with condemnation in his tone.

I am, however, surprised that one of your years is so accepting of the loss of one of your daughters. The sea did not take her. Monsters took her. Abominations that stir even the crabs against the fishermen. These monsters have driven your food source to madness, sending them to brutality and violent attack against the folk of your village. It is not wisdom to accept this thing. You are the fool if you think this think is the natural cycle of the sea and accept it as such. It is also not wisdom to snarl at those who come to end this curse upon your village or threaten to turn them out into the storm when you lack the power to do so. And if you lack the power to defend your village from creatures who steal your daughters so often you come to think of it as the nature of the sea ... then I assure you, you lack the power to do so."

With these last words he stamps his staff on the floor and lightning crackles around his hands as his eyes suddenly glow with a strange light.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
"What fools you have brought to us Alder. They know nothing of the ways of the sea. I should have expected it. Living among us these few years has not washed you clean of silly outsider notions."

Turning back to Relic, "One daughter, hmmph. Is that what he told you? Look around old fool. A year ago, this village numbered over two hundred. Now we are but thirty five. What the Stormlords nurture, they also destroy. You cannot control that. The price of prosperity is eventually reaped."

jbear

First Post
Relic clucks his tongue on the inside of his mouth.

"You may know of the water. But I know the Wind. The Wind is the soul of the Storm. It is what moves the Sea to anger and thrash upon the rocks. The Sea dances to its tune like rats to a piper. Call me old fool all you like, Larissa, but you are the elder of a dying village who gives away their children to seamonsters and accepts such a fate as the will of the Stormlords and the cycles of the Sea. I suspect these creatures have little interest in an old woman as old, bitter and twisted inside as out like yourself, which must make such a fate more bearable for you... knowing that you at least are safe. "

Relic begins to move up the stairs unconcerned for the man upon them or his opinion of the group.

"Now if you wish to yap at someone, go and yap at your pups. I have heard enough of your nonsense."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
KalinnAriHeadShot-EW.png

Kalinn watches the "discussion" between Relic and the old woman in silence, content to observe as much as she can of these villagers as they wait out the storm together.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari
AC: 23 (20 Flat-Footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +8 Reflex: +6 Will: +6

Rage Block
AC: 21 (18 Flat-Footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 89/89
CMB: +7 CMD: 18
Fort: +11 Reflex: +6 Will: +8

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/6 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Shield
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases