[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, she wasn't going to attack Daylilly - just try to escape the grapple. I wouldn't have attacked the Archon, but Kalinn is 'Frost' right now - she's raging, which I've fluffed as a surge of her Demonic nature (which is why she's always got one negative level when she's raging and has drawn Winterbite). I reasoned that this would probably lead her to attack a Celestial being.

Hafísbíta's a gray area when it comes to what he'll do to protect Kalinn and her allies, especially when he's not in her hand. I'd say that's up to SK. But he doesn't have Protection from Evil, so that option at least is out.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Even though she has tainted blood, Frost doesn't have the true corruption power of the abyss that can significantly harm an archon. The summoned celestial being is able to take all she dished out and still continue to grapple Frost. Daylily rushes in and helps as well. Between the two of them, they are able to take Frost down and pin her to the ground in about six inches of water.

Gerlach slowly bleeds out, laying defensive on the floor.

With a little work, Kalinn is tied up and bound. She has no quarrel with Relic or Daylily, but still has a seething hatred for Aradra, who ran off. Convincing her to cast the one spell that she has that can protect against such mind manipulations only gives her a couple moments of relief before the anger returns. Relic finally realizes that this is only truly remedied if the creature that caused it cannot rejuvenate the spell on a daily basis. Since the ancient aboleth is lying in a bloody pool of stagnant water, he will not be able to main control over her. Until then, she will have to suffer the indignation of being tied up and carefully controlled.

After a minute, the tentacles retreat below the water and disappear, allowing Shadow to cross and return to master's friends. He sniffs and growls at Kalinn, not understanding why she is behaving badly.
[sblock=ooc]Success!! You have killed the mighty ancient evil that was imprisoned in this island for centuries upon centuries. If the Great Machine upstairs was still working, the domination effects would not be wearing off in a day. :heh:
Dominate Monster is truly evil. Protection from Evil cast before hand would negate it completely. But, after the fact, even if the new will save is successful, the Protection from Evil only suppresses the dominate effect for the duration of the shorter spell. A dispel magic would work, but is not available currently.

PS. Relic and Daylily leveled. They are both now 10th level. :lol:
[/sblock][sblock=Combat round 15 finishes it off]Inside the purple circle is the ever so tenacious Black Tentacles as the spell.

Kalinn's Will save vs. Aura of Menace (1d20+8=24) from grappling Archon: succeeds
Will save vs. Aura of Menace from 2nd archon (1d20+8=26) also succeeded
Daylily Grappling Frost (1d20+22=24) just hits on a 2
Then Daylily and Archon combined attempt to pin (1d20+29=36) success
13 rds Haste for the good guys except Frost.
...53/96 ~ AC 18-2+1 ~ Daylily ~ horsechopper and cestus ~ Rage ~ free ~
...9/59 ~ AC 14+4+1 ~ Relic ~ Mage Armor 570 rds ~ Invisible, levitating 10' at ceiling ~
...33/96 ~ AC 21+1 ~ Aradra ~ Darkvision 109 min, Perceive Clues 69 min, longstrider 69 min ~ high tailed it out of there!!!
...93/101 ~ AC 22+1+3+4 ~ Shadow ~ Barkskin 69min, Mage Armor 574 rds ~ amulet active ~
70/127 ~ AC 27 ~ Frost ~ Heroism 607 rds ~ Dominated ~ 1 will save available at +2 to suppress dominate temporarily, AoO available on hound, Pinned, then tied up.
....8/51 ~ AC 19+1 ~ New Hound Archon 5 rounds ~ grapple attempt on Frost (1d20+11=25) successful but provoked an AoO from Frost
....51/51 ~ AC 19+1 ~ Newest Hound Archon 6 rounds ~ squeezing past the aboleth

-12+/20 ~ AC 13 ~ Skum A ~ unconscious ~ -> Dead
..-5+/20 ~ AC 13 ~ Skum B ~ unconscious ~ -> Dead
-11+/20 ~ AC 13 ~ Skum C ~ unconscious ~ -> Dead
-99/20 ~ AC 13 ~ Skum D ~ SPLAT!
-10/20 ~ AC 13 ~ Skum E ~ unconscious

Purple Area Black Tentacles ~ Black Tentacles maintain hold on Daylily (1d20+17+5=26) failed! ~ Break Free from Grapple DC 27 CMD

-8/126 ~ AC 22 ~ Robed Skum Gerlach ~ UNCONSCIOUS ~ Displacement, See Invisibility ~ stabilize check (1d20+4-6=13) succeeds
-33/116 ~ AC 25-4 squeezing ~ Three Eyed Fish ~ DEAD
[/sblock][sblock=map]
underground31.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily frowns. "I am much sorry to make prisoner of you, Darkchild. This is much wrong I knows, but it is only for short times, until the Big Prisoner magics is wearing off. Uyah, it was much bad when the mind-changing magics was on me." He peers at the skum mage on the floor, his brow knitting in thought. "Was the Snaketouched Elder bads in the beginning? Or did the Big Prisoner magics make him bad? If he is to get better, maybe is not best to killing him. Ah! I knows!" He throws a stone at the wisp-light. "Oyeh, Trickster Spawn ... we have question. The Snaketouched Elder here, will his brains get more better because the Big Prisoner is deads?"

jbear

First Post
Once Kalinn is restrained Relic levitates back to the ground. He waits patiently for the black tentacle spell to end while he assures Kalinn that he will do his best to free her from the spell she is under. "...and while we bind you like this we will of course make you as comfortable as possible. With the creature dead ... well ... its hold over you should weaken in time." He helps place her in a comfortable position where there is no chance of her drowning in the shallow water.

Once the black tentacles disappear and Daylily can approach the wisp he listens intently for the response, eyeing Gerlach's inert form suspiciously out the corner of his eye.

Once that is done and it is decided whether to finish the skum wizard or not he tends to the severest of his wounds with a brief prayer and a few choicely placed taps of the healing wand. The time had come to search the underground area with detail, and who knew if any more nasty surprises awaited them.

The first place he searches is the room where Gerlach had approached from. After a thorough once over he then returns with Daylily to the room they had previously ignored. Any items that he detects as magical he will attempt to identify... after all they have some time until Kalinn can be safely moved so there is no rush.

[sblock=OOC] 2 x CLW with Oracle Spells on himself and 2 taps of the CLW Wand to heal 19 HPs taking him to 28 HPs +lvl up HPs (+7) would have Relic at 35 HPs while searching

Unsure how quickly you want to wrap things up SK so I have posted a bunch of potential actions so if you want you can wrap this last part up more quickly. Given that 2 players aren't really able to participate in the looting I thought that a bit of fast forwarding would be the preferred way.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

With Aradra safely away - for the moment - and in finding herself safely restrained from harming him even when he returns, Kalinn's expression turns from one of horror to one of gratitude and sorrow. The demonic taint in her blood subsides, saving itself for a time when it can take better advantage of its freedom, and she is coherent once more. "I thank you, my friends. Don't worry, Daylily . . . I know why you've taken me prisoner, and I agree. Even now the beast's command urges me to slay my friend, and were I free I'd be chasing him yet."
[/section]

Current Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 113/139
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +13 Reflex: +09 Will: +09

Standard Block
AC: 27 (14 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 127/127
CMB: +12 CMD: 26
Fort: +09 Reflex: +07 Will: +07

Rage Block
HP: 160/160
CMB: +14 CMD: 26
Fort: +12 Reflex: +07 Will: +09

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 155/155
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 26 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
HP: 127/127
CMB: +11 CMD: 24
Fort: +09 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/16)
Special: Spirit Totem (+9/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 04/05)

Current Weapon in Hand: Hafísbíta

Hafísbíta Powers Available
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge
Special: Boon: Cure Light Wounds (Remaining: 02/03)
Special: Boon: Heroism (Remaining: 00/01)
Special: Boon: Gallant Inspiration (Remaining: 00/01)

Spells Available
  • Level 0: Unlimited
  • Level 1: 6/7 per Day
  • Level 2: 5/6 per Day
  • Level 3: 3/3 per Day
Level 0: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
Level 1: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
Level 2: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal), Resist Energy
Level 3: Fly, Haste
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming that we're going to run out the CLW wand I have because the bookkeeping is easier that way and I really don't care about 75gp at this point.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"About time! Brothers have been laughing at me, being the last one." The will-o-wisp seems to actually pause and contemplate his answer. "Gerlach's body as well as his mind have been corrupted for many moons. He will never return to what he once was." He then zips off and disappears, but not in that order.

While Daylily watches over Kalinn, Relic and Shadow wade through the water and around the bend to see where Gerlach came from. After a short distance, they find another alcove, just like the others. This one has a couple tables set up with several books and bottles. While this guy may have been a sorcerer, he also apparently had a knack for alchemy as well. It appears that he more than dabbled in the art.

A journal shows that Gerlach came to the island to find the reason people were going missing and the slow transformations that were happening to the villagers. With books he found in the library, he found ways to slightly adjust the great machine as well as information that led him to brew a cure for the warping effects of the island. The journal entries get more erratic over time. The process of brewing the cure was long and tiedious, but Gerlach was bound and determined to get a large batch of it done before returning to the mainland.

Looking around, half finished concoctions have obviously spoiled due to not being attended to. Checking around, Relic finds an early batch that had been bottled and sealed well before Gerlach had succumbed. On the preparation table, he also finds a wand of Remove Curse. Only ten charges are left in the well used wand.

While Relic was busy out of sight, Daylily looks at the the big ugly fish and the snake touched spell tosser. The fish looks unremarkable now that it is not breathing, but it does have a circle of white metal around one of its forward tentacles. The metal seems to have been in place so long that it is nearly embedded in the skin of the beast. The spell tosser has a circle of metal the same color on his head. He also was wearing a cloak that seems like it is new. It is a drastic difference from his robes which are near thread bear rags.

[sblock=ooc]Since the other games have their cleanup to do as well, I can stretch this out to the end of the week easily as you get out and back to Venza. Or I can fast track all that if you would like so you have some free time in the City of Glass.

Daylily finds a ring, headband and cloak that look "special".
Relic finds 8 viable potions, a wand of Remove Curse with 10 charges, and a journal that probably details how to make more potions.
The trophy room has more when you return there.
[/sblock][sblock=map]
underground32.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic's first instinct is to read the journal, particularly the sections that detail the cure of the warping effects of the island. He then takes a careful look at the sealed batch with his ability to detect and identify magic to see if these concoctions were ones that could reverse the deformations that the party suffered. "What do we have here aye boy? Hopefully something to get you feeling more like a wolf and me less like a fish ..."

After he has finished doing that he takes the wand, the journal and the potions back to Daylily. He muses over the objects he has found on Gerlach and the aboleth, going through the exact same process to identify them. As he does so he casually asks Daylily "Is there anything worth taking a look at behind the body of the dead fish?"

[sblock=Actions] Detect magic on the potions and then take 10 on spellcraft check to identify. Lvl 10 Spellcraft +19 +5 amulet +10 = DC 34 to identify the potions.

Return to Daylily and repeat process for the items he has found as well.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Treasure so far]The potions are the "module muguffin". Elixir of True Form ~
This elixir removes all curses and transmutation effects from the imbiber, including the unnatural mutations resulting from the arcane warping of the island of Nal-Kashel or gained through an ancestor’s unspeakable interbreeding with ulat-kini. The elixir stops gillmen from transforming into skum but cannot reverse the transformation if a gillman has already become a skum. Only doses of the elixir manufactured on the island of Nal-Kashel can remove the warping effects of the island’s influence.

Ring of Sustenance
+2 Headband of Alluring Charisma
+2 Cloak of Resistance
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"Hrrm ... with this ring I could study my spells much deeper into the night and still wake early in the morning..." He slips the ring on his finger as he explains to Kalinn and Daylily the function of the potions, the cloak and the head piece. "Shall we go and have a good look at the other room? Kalinn if you cooperate we can take you along with us and I will continue to share my discoveries with both you and Daylilly. Do you agree?" Before they move on Relic looks down at the inert form of Gerlach. "He is not dead yet. He is an enemy that perhaps deserves a clean death, Daylilly?" Relic waits for Daylily's response.

Once it is decided what to do with Gerlach Relic helps Daylily (although he gets more in the way than anything else) move Kalinn to the other treasure room.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases