[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Systole

First Post
Daylily ignores the teenagers as beneath his notice, and walks to the lighthouse chewing on crab innards. As the old man comes down the stairs, the barbarian stares openly at him, a morsel of crab halfway to his lips. He looks back and forth from the crab to the man for several moments, and then begins speaking in Elven, his gaze once more locked on the man. "Oyeh, Elder Storyteller, I've a question for ye. That bloke over yon ... were he born as flabbish and ugly as a nightcrawler, or does it come from eating these flat-spiders? On account of I may suddenly be a wee bit less hungry if that indeed be the lay of it."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 47/47
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +10 CMD: 22
Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: 9/9

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 2
Javelin, 2
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic's eyes snap suddenly to the man as he heads up the stairs towards him. He has learnt to trust the sharpness of Daylily's almost accidental stumbling upon important details.

He takes it all in without a word of comment for now.

[sblock=OOC] Relic will also compare the size of the man's bellies compared to the other survivors to see if he is noticeably better fed than everyone else. Also he will try an determine the man's race, as he is obviously not human, and read the man's body language as well, to get an understanding why the laws against outsiders are so violently upheld by him (and the crone). Not that it's anything new for Relic who tends to be very paranoid, he suspects these two are somehow involved in the disappearance (whatever the insight roll comes up with.). Also he will attempt to assess if either he or the crone have any magical ability. [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Relic]You heard of a race of aquatic humanoids called gillman. The do have purple eyes and pale, wrinkled skin. But, they also have gills on the neck, which this guy does not, and gillmen can only survive for several hours out of water. So, it is likely, like tieflings, that he, and many others in the room, have a gillman or two in their ancestral line, but they are humans. As gillman are rumored to be a slave race to an underwater evil, calling them out about it might not be wise.

The crone wears the trappings of a druid. A pure guess would put her on the same power level as your own. The man on the stairs looks like a commoner. Watching him for a while as he moves around and works, he is probably the caretaker of the lighthouse.

Their distrust of outsiders isn't so much law, but more like any other isolated village. If your family hasn't lived here three generations, you are an outsider. You suspect generations of inbreeding has contributed a great deal to their sickly look.

Nobody you see looks young and healthy. They are either sickly children or older ugly, slightly deformed people.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic after having surveyed the people huddled in the lighthouse away from the storm motions for his companions to gather closely about him near the horses to further difficult anyone attempting to overhear their conversation. His fingers find their way to a candle which he lights and says in slightly raised voice: "Let us pray that the Wind calm the sea and the Storm pass by quickly."

Assuming a position of solemn prayer he breaks off a small lump of wax from the candle and proceeds to cast Ghost Sound. He sends his whisperings directly into the ears of his companions so that they might not be overheard.

"Things are not right here. A stink of rotten fish shall we say. Daylilly has stumbled upon the truth of things and the pieces of the puzzle begin to take shape around the disappearance of Alder's wife. Listen carefully but make no comment on what I am about to tell you. No good can come from us showing our hand yet.

See the strange appearance of the Lighthouse keeper? He is part gillman, an underwater race enslaved to some evil. I suspect enslaved to whatever these monsters are causing the crabs to turn and stealing the healthiest and strongest of the village. Look around. Those that remain are all infirm, sickly, old or dog's crack ugly, deformed and inbred. Nothing here left of interest to the sea monsters who I suspect are using the people of this village to breed themselves slaves ... but their line is running out. Alder's wife must have been the last of them. And only he has stood against them because, as an outsider, he is the only one who does not know the secret.

We will find no help from amongst these ones. As soon as the storm calms we should leave for the island, with little or no ceremony, perhaps better to do so even in secret. We may even have to steal a boat. I doubt we will find any cooperation amongst these ones."

"Now say amen if you have understood and are in agreement"

In a loud voice Relic adds:

"The Wind bless us! Amen."

Edit:eek:oc: Doh! Mixed up Alder for Aradra! Fixed. :eek:

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily grins a gap-toothed grin. "I ams not sure I understands the all, but if wills be foods and punchings, amen."

[sblock=OOC]I also think you're confusing Ghost Sound with Message, but I think that's a pretty minor retcon.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
While you huddle up in your prayers, the last of the villagers makes their way in. Alder and Callyus go upstairs. The door is closed and latched. Since seawater or rain water is making its way in through cracks here and there, leaving the floor wet with an inch or two of surging and receding water, the last of the villagers go up stairs. Your horses are safe down here, inside the lighthouse, but it doesn't look to be a comfortable night.

Systole

First Post
Daylily kicks at the puddling water. "Bugger this. If I'm not tae be sleepin' tonight, then I might as well have myself a constitutional. And I suspect that over in yon spirit lodge there's a a bit o' gear belonging to a certain foul-tempered crone that's in desperate need of a widdlin' on whilst she's away. What say ye, Elder Storyteller?"

OOC: Sorry for slipping into Elven, but Daylily can't express himself in Common sometimes.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 47/47
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +10 CMD: 22