[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Systole

First Post
Daylily immediates perks up at Aradra's words and responds in Elven. "Things tae butcher? Hunter in the Dark be praised! I was growing weary of the taste of flatspider. Oy! Elder Storyteller! There be things tae smite!"

[sblock=Actions]Free: drop crab.
Move: Move to D14 and hop down while drawing battleaxe. Acrobatics to reduce/ignore damage.
Action: Rage and ATTAAAAAAACK! (the western tentacle)

The roll I forgot to declare was damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 47/47
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +10 CMD: 22
Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Battleaxe
Current Conditions in Effect: RAAAAGE!
Rage Remaining: 8/9

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 2
Javelin, 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Relic starts and fumbles his spellbook as Daylilly's roar sets his teeth on edge. Things to smite? What on earth did he mean by that. Perhaps some type of betrayal by these sons of gillmen? No time to waste thinking he pushes himself to his feet with a groan and shuffles down the stairs to the second floor with his wand in hand.

"What on the Wind is going on here!?" he demands as he moves down stairs only to find his companions completely absent and those he suspicious of present and seemingly calm. Was that some type of noise down stairs? Daylilly howling perhaps? He shuffles towards the stairs.

[sblock=OOC] Relic will stand up (which I guess is a move action) dropping his spell book into his backpack (free action?). He will then run downstairs as far as he can and cross the room towards the stairs. I doubt Relic will get too far near the action this round.

[sblock=SK] I hope you're doing Okay, SK. I never know what to say when death touches the lives of people I know (even if only virtually). Please don't feel any pressure to continue with the game 'til you're all good to do so. Big virtual hug![/sblock] [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn lunges back to the wall as Daylilly hurtles by on his way to the floor of the tower, then opens herself to the spirits of her ancestors even as Hafísbíta clears his sheath in an instant. This time, something's . . . wrong. The clarity of madness fills her as always, but it's accompanied by a wave of weakness, of disorientation. Frost steels her will and the feeling abates somewhat, but is still present in a small corner of her perception. She spins in place and swings the blade in a great arc, but it clangs on the steps as she can't get an angle on the tentacle.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Free: Rage
  • Free: Draw Hafísbíta
  • Move: None*
  • Standard: Attack (and Miss)
* If I understood the map and Daylilly's final position correctly, he's on the floor and attacking. If not, Kalinn's got to move 'cause she's in the spot he'd land when he lept.[/sblock]

[sblock=SK]I'm so sorry for your loss, SK. Take the time you need to mourn and heal; I'll add you to my prayer list.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (20 Flat-Footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +8 Reflex: +6 Will: +6

Rage Block
Initiative: +3
AC: 21 (18 Flat-Footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 84/84
CMB: +7 CMD: 18
Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/6 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Shield
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]My read of the map puts a drop from D14 into D1, so Daylily will land right in front of Kalinn.

And in case you didn't catch it in the AFK thread, my condolences, SK.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Aradra pulls a wand and casts. Luckily these tentacles do not have eyes with which to spot their quarry. Kalinn rouses her anger and feels a counter force working against her soul. Daylily hops to the stairwell, then off the stairwell into the water E2 to attack the tentacle coming through the window. His mighty axe cleaves through it cleanly. Relic makes it down one flight of stairs, on his way towards the commotion.
[MENTION=91452]rb780nm[/MENTION] Iosef hasn't acted yet.

[sblock=ooc]The tentacles on the ground floor are below the stairwell, so Daylily had to come down to them to strike. Daylily is standing in 2' of water that is rising and is difficult terrain. The severed tentacle is no longer moving.

There are windows 5' above Shadow's head and next to Relic on the 2nd story landing that have not been broken out, yet.[/sblock][sblock=combat]
Round 1
Tentacles AC 22, 30' reach
Aradra
Shadow
Kalinn
Relic
Daylily

Iosef waiting on first round action before going to next round
[/sblock][sblock=maps]
Lighthouse1d.png

Lighthouse2d.png

[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
[sblock]my apologies.[/sblock]

Iosef hears the commotion from the stairs and draws his weapon. "What goes on down there?"

OOC: drawing his weapon. No other actions this round.

Satin Knights

First Post
More tentacles crash through the windows on the second story while the one that was left on the first floor continues to search for prey. Another tentacle comes in the window where Daylily had just sliced off one. The water level continues to rise.

Aradra bobs and ducks, being missed by the original. Daylily is not so lucky. After being slammed by the tentacle, it wraps around him, pulling back towards the window.

Upstairs, the crone is not immune to this, for she is one of the first to be grabbed. She struggles against the tentacle, manages to draw a sickle and slice at it, but cannot free herself. A villager is not so lucky, as he is knocked unconscious by the initial hit and is being dragged back towards the window. Relic too is slammed, grappled and being pulled towards a watery death. The rest of the villagers panic as the stairs are cut off in both directions and there is no where to run.

The party is up
[sblock=combat]
The tentacle that has the villager is actually coming through a window above Kalinn and Shadow. It is about 3' above, so it is in reach of Kalinn. Shadow would be vertical jumping to reach it.

Tentacles
F0 ~ severed
A6 ~ missed
E0 ~ grappled Daylily
A17 ~ grappled crone
B14 ~ grappled unconscious villager
F13 ~ grappled Relic

-10 ~ Villager ~ unconscious and grappled
-8 ~ Crone ~ grappled
-0 ~ Aradra
-0 ~ Shadow
-0 ~ Kalinn
-11 ~ Relic ~ grappled
-8 ~ Daylily ~ grappled
-0 ~ Iosef

[/sblock][sblock=maps]
Lighthouse1e.png

2nd story
Lighthouse2e.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Argh!] Okay, so Relic needs to roll a what on his concentration check to cast Shocking Grasp? (That should so automatically hit when you are grappled btw)

10 + lvl 1 (+1) + (Kraken's CMB =?)

So my caster level for Wizard spells is 3 +Int (+4) = +7

In any case I'll delay Relic's action in case Josef comes to the rescue! Oh the irony of having but moments ago nudged him into posting! Hopefully there are no hard feelings! ;)
[/sblock]

Relic roars "Need a little help over here!!"

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Argh!]CMB = 14, so Relic needs a 25 concentration check and has a +7 to his roll. Possible.

Does the paladin save you or the helpless villager?
Kalinn is effectively at C14 as well, so she could get there easily.
Aradra doesn't have line of sight to Relic due to floor levels and curves.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases