[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jackslate45

First Post
Daylily pauses a moment, looks at Aradra, looks at the bottle, and looks at Aradra again. "Pssss ... Elder Storyteller," he whispers. "Is this being bad timings? I am mean, if you is in middle of re-using the wife of someones, I can maybe comings back, uh ... afterwards."

OCC: Doh. My bad. Reasons I should not post after staying up 36 hours. Bedtime now

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Considering I've done Daylily's reaction multiple times in real life, I thought it was awesome! :lol: [sblock=reason]I used to sell lingerie at swingers parties and strip clubs for fifteen years. Yep! Been there, done that, got the photos![/sblock][/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Ahahaha! That is hilarious! Both Daylily's reaction and SK's old job![/sblock]

"No no Daylilly, of course you are not interrupting!"

Relic looks down at his own sewage spattered clothes.

"My apologies to those gathered. I am partly responsible for the stench. Daylilly and I have had a most unpleasant misadventure in the bowels of Vezna. My mind has been elsewhere these past few days as the threat very much still remains and I have given no thought to taking a bath or washing my clothes."

Whatever the old fellow is talking about it obviously makes him uncomfortable and nervous.

"All the more reason for both of us to leave the city, Daylilly! We can save our last drink for another occasion, perhaps? This man needs help ..."

Relic points to the wounded man.

"His wife is not being re-used..."

Relic gives a chastising look to Aradra as if to say 'even if that were the case it is most unsensitive to mention in front of the poor woman's panic stricken husband!'

"She has however been stolen away from him by monsters. Sea monsters of some kind. In a village by the sea, two days travel from here by horse. Why we do not know but they have take her to a place called the Forbidden Isle. I too have decided to help try and save this woman. But as I have told you before, Daylilly, I would feel much safer going on a dangerous journey like this if you are there also. I promise ... there will be no chasing paper. Or perfumes of any kind other than the salty sea and perhaps that of fresh fish."

Relic looks at Daylily hopefully.

"So what do you say? Do you have time for another adventure?"

jackslate45

First Post
OOC: Couldn't resist, sorry.
OOC: Nor would I expect Daylily not too.
[sblock=ooc]Considering I've done Daylily's reaction multiple times in real life, I thought it was awesome! :lol: [sblock=reason]I used to sell lingerie at swingers parties and strip clubs for fifteen years. Yep! Been there, done that, got the photos![/sblock][/sblock]
OCC: Can't say I have bee there, but I agree with jbear, that is hilarious.

"His wife is not being re-used..."

Relic gives a chastising look to Aradra as if to say 'even if that were the case it is most unsensitive to mention in front of the poor woman's panic stricken husband!'
Aradra's look of confusing starts with Daylily's comment, and increases with Relic's chastising look. It takes a few minutes before it clicks that he had misspoken, when he burned red with embarrassment, mumbling "You know what I meant..."

He stands up and says "Excuse me." before walkings out of the small room. He grabs his gear on the way out, and moments later the creak of the door can be heard as the ranger and his companion leave the Pearl.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Yes, Yes. Please come and save my wife from the fishy frog men. You look like a proud warrior. There will be a lot of fighting for you to do."

The wounded man stands up, "Let's go to the stable to get fresh horses. We will find your friend either there or in the shops as we head back west to the waterline."

The man walks out the door expecting you to follow. His pace is slow due to his injuries, but he heads straight east to the Grand Stable of Venza. The stables are hidden behind a 15' tall berm of earth lined with thick brush trees along the top. There is a noticeable breeze heading towards the stable. As you pass through the 20' wide entrance, you can see the full expanse of the stable. Many pens hold different types of livestock and riding animals. Near the center of the complex is what looks like a sixty foot high aviary dome.

"Jay-Cus, we need horses. Fast ones and now."
I haven't seen you in a ..."
"I said now old friend."
"Oh, How many and how long?"
"Six. At least a week, ah make it two weeks."

Jacus turns and starts barking orders as he heads into a barn. Five minutes later he and other stable hands lead out six fine light warhorses outfitted for a long ride.

The man approaches the stable hand and pulls out an elegant golden comb or maybe hair piece. "This should cover the bill for now. I will bring proper coins when I return, so don't hock that. I will want it back for Sara."

Turning to your group, "These horses are the property of the Grand Stable. you shall agree to return them" "Never mind, I will give them the speech later."

[sblock=ooc]You have horses. They move 60'. They come with a saddle, bit, bridle, saddlebags, 14 days feed in feedbags, 3 days water in horse appropriate waterskins, horses blanket and brush. The horse's name is etched into the saddle in common. You can pick its name yourself if you desire.

You can visit the Mystic Pearl for last minute shopping. You will catch Aradra just coming out of the Pearl as you are arriving. I am a stickler for supplies, so don't skimp. Kalgor is an example of overdone and going overboard, and Kalinn is/was an example of too light. Everyone should have their own healing stick or be prepared to hand over gold to the person that shares their's.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
After securing the trail rations bought from the Inn into his backpack, Relic takes one of the horses, the one that appears the most tranquil and unaggressive of the lot.

"Okay girl ... you are a girl aren't you?" He peaks under the mares belly just to confirm.
"Girl ... or should I say..." he peers at the name etched into the saddle, "Incubo."

Something dangerous seems to twinkle in the mares eye, its lips twitch and it seems to bare its teeth just for a moment just as the old man pulls himself up into the saddle. Relic however does not see it.

"Err... mister, you might want to ..."

"No no, I'm fine thank you. I think I've got a a sweet wee filly here, thanks."

Incubo snorts and stamps a hoof impatiently. If horses could smile anyone watching might have sworn that Incubo was doing just that.

[sblock=OOC] Relic has his gear sorted. I can just buy trail rations from the Inn, right? Heal stick: Check. Ready to roll (for what is going to be a most uncomfortable journey for the old fella) whenever. [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily eyes the horse warily. Or if one were so inclined to say, perhaps even skittishly. "I ams ... uh, maybe I ams just maybe good for to running?" he offers. "I cans runs the long way. The horse, they is no match for the mighty Jiragans." He pauses. "Yes, yes ... that is being being why I do not wishing to be on the horse. Because being on the horse is not the way of the Jiragans. Is not because the horse is scary to the Jiragan, or anythings like of that sorting."

OOC: Daylily does NOT like horses, and has never ridden one, and has no plans to ride one ... ever. He freaked out about getting into a wagon way back at level 1. He'll jog alongside the party, using his mighty Fortitude save, his Desert Runner racial trait, and his base 40' speed rather than ride.

jackslate45

First Post
The ranger takes his horses reigns when offered to him. He pats the noes of the horse gently, saying "What is your name? Donnel? Well, I hope you are up to it. It looks like we have a hard ride out."

He looks down at Shadow, who seems to be staring up at him. "What? Would you prefer if I rode you all the way there?"

Shadow snorts. Aradra sighs, then kneels down towards the wolf. "It would be better if your not burdened by me, I would think."

Daylily eyes the horse warily. Or if one were so inclined to say, perhaps even skittishly. "I ams ... uh, maybe I ams just maybe good for to running?" he offers. "I cans runs the long way. The horse, they is no match for the mighty Jiragans." He pauses. "Yes, yes ... that is being being why I do not wishing to be on the horse. Because being on the horse is not the way of the Jiragans. Is not because the horse is scary to the Jiragan, or anythings like of that sorting."

Jiragan? Aradra looks over at the elf, wandering what to say. He starts with, "Daylily, was it? Do you think yourself faster than a horse? How bout a race then."
[sblock]
I Think I got everything I need now. I seem to be missing some equipment when I was sorting everything, but I can work through that later. The only new expensive addition is the pearl of power. and 500ish gold in equipment.

Did I miss anything SK?
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Yes, the beasts is the faster ... if is straight line and good ground, but only for a small times, even then." He breaks into a gap-toothed smile. "In Jirago ... we have the beast like horse, only with many horn on head. To hunt, we run after thems, until they is fall over and die from not having breath. Then we eat! Hah!"

[sblock=ooc]Daylily is not totally out of his mind.
The Man Versus Horse Marathon | Runblogger
Persistence hunting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bought some more rations for Daylily and sold off the toad cage, since he lost the toad. Other that that, he's ready to go. And he has no money to spend on more stuff anyway.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 47/47
CMB: +8 CMD: 20
Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 55/55
CMB: +10 CMD: 22