[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Knowledge Religion for Relic]The goddess Cortesia: Worship of Cortesia/Cortessa was originally made to a single goddess and old images of the goddess Cortesia are shown with two faces. A schism within the temple has resulted in the rise of Cortessa’s temples and the destruction of many of the old two-faced icons. Rivalry between the two sects is intense and sometimes boils over into violence though the peace-keepers of the city are keeping a close watch on the two groups to ensure this happens rarely.

This statue was probably originally made to Cortesia, then later changed to Callisto. The markings that Aradra are finding, a wave split by a bolt of lightning, an ornate cloud, a cloud with chain lightning coming from the bottom, are all holy symbols for Ordon, Tanager and Reganat, The Stormlords. If Aradra searches long enough, he will find smaller holy symbols for the other Stormlords marking the wall too.

Looks like these people don't keep their faith exclusive to one deity or keep loyalty to any one for long.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
With a hurumph Relic wanders away from the statue and peers over Aradra's shoulder as he copies the images into his slate board. Relic looks back at the altered statue with furrowed brows. "Do you recognise those symbols you draw, Aradra? If I am not mistaken ... they are symbols of the Storm Lords. And that statue of Cortesia ... it has been altered to represent Calisto if my muddled eyes and addled brain have the right of it. Do you get the sense these people are very lost and desperate for aid from whoever it may be? They most certainly change their gods like a noble their hats. Have you by any chance found anything that that old crone might have hidden away somewhere ... something that she didn't want others to see so plainly as these symbols?"

jackslate45

First Post
"My knowledge of gods are limited to the Saint Swords. Try keeping all of them straight." Aradra says with a slight grin. " As for who they worship, I could see that. I mean, a village like this is far removed from the rest of the Baronies I bet they probably turn to whatever god their priest serves."

Once done, Aradra starts carefully inspecting the statue, looking for anything odd. When the pain in his eye starts growing worse, he realizes his time must be running out.

He will keep searching until his night vision starts to fade (10 minutes on the clock. He needs to see to get back)

Satin Knights

First Post
Since there are no seams or cracks in the stone work, Aradra concludes rather early that there are no secret treasures here to pilfer. As his vision is starting to strain, Aradra suggests returning to the lighthouse and leads the old man down the stairs and out towards the jetty. After Daylily finishes piddling on the statue and walls, he joins his friends for the return.

In the sands to the side of the jetty, Aradra spots a glint as the red light circles. Investigating, there is a pendent on a chain that has washed up onto the shore. The pendent seems to be made of a brightly colored coral. Pointing it out to Relic, he identifies it immediately in shock. "That is the symbol of the beast below. I dare not even speak his name, given the things that have happened tonight."
pendent.png

jbear

First Post
With a shiver Relic whispers a prayer to the Wind and carefully crosses the slippery jetty back towards the lighthouse. He knocks lightly at the door hoping one of his companions remains awake inside.

Satin Knights

First Post
Incubo and Toronado notice Relic's slight knocking at the door. But since they didn't lock the door after you left, they are not really interested in opening it now. After a moment, Relic realizes his silliness and tries the latch, which opens just fine.

The floor downstairs is still a bit wet, and a couple giant tentacles still lay upon the ground motionless.
[sblock=ooc]I believe Kalinn is sleeping this first watch while Iosef and Shadow are awake and wary.

Did someone retrieve the pendent from the sand? [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"A much refresh making of the yellow water!" the barbarian announces. Having refreshed his appetite with the walk, he begins working at the remaining tentacle meat. Sitting down, one of his belt pouches clinks suspiciously on the floor. The barbarian suddenly looks guilty. "What was the noises? No, nothing. I was not hear something."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases