[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

rb780nm

First Post
"You keep him pinned while we get clear of this Jellyfish," Iosef says. He grabs his oar up again and heaves against the water.

"I don't know if you're still our friend in there, but if you try to hurt us, Relic will cut your throat," he adresses the pinned creature with uncharacteristic steel in his voice.

Satin Knights

First Post
Aradra begs for help in containing the frogman. Frost moves in and aids him in keeping the changed beast under control. Iosef tries to keep the boat moving, but having lost two rowers, and their oars, while the other rower is indecisive, the boat slows from its pace of 15 down to 10. Shadow barks, for the boat is unsteady under his feet.

second round, the party is up.
[sblock=combat]Estian is pinned and no longer human. could not break free.

second round, the party is up.
Conditions: Standing -2 Acrobatics
Acrobatics DC 15 to move at 1/2 speed
Boat: 2 rowing, moves 10' per combat round, 4 rowing, 15'/rd.

??/??. ~ AC 14ish ~ Estian ~ Grappled and Pinned~
??/??. ~ AC ?? ~ Jellyfish bloom

69/69 ~ AC 18 ~Aradra ~ Grappling ~ in armor
62/62 ~ AC 19 ~ Shadow ~ barking
80/80 ~ AC 23 ~ Frost ~ in armor
58/58 ~ AC 18 ~ Daylily ~ in armor ~ standing
38/38 ~ AC 14 ~ Relic ~ Ring of swimming & mage armor ~
68/68 ~ AC 18 ~ Iosef ~ in armor
[/sblock][sblock=map]
boat5.png
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily frowns at Aradra. "I do not like the take prisoner, but we wills understands this later."

[sblock=ooc]NL attack on fishy dude, no rage. Still slacking on the stat block. Tomorrow, I swear.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
"Back's into it, while they keep him occupied!" Iosef calls to the others, as he tries to get the boat's speed back up.

OOC: I was going to say "Athletics Check" here, but this isn't 4e... Strength or Con check I guess to try to keep the boat going at speed... + 2 either way (less 6 for my armor maybe) - I'll just roll and let SK interpret as he wishes...

jbear

First Post
"Right. Well ... all things considered I will bow to your knowledge on this matter Aradra. I hope that Jellyfish don't tip boats over either."

He looks at Daylily out of the corner of his eye and remarks: "That was perhaps too gentle."

Relic winds up and strikes at the fishman with his full might, secure in the knowledge that he is unlikely to kill anyone in that manner, no matter how hard he try.

[sblock=Actions] Relic will try and knock out the skum with an attack using his quarterstaff. If he has already taken such a large amount of non lethal damage already then I doubt Relic can kill him (even if he hits).

I don't know if modifiers are involved for prone, grappled and pinned. I'll roll his normal attack and be done with it. [/sblock]
[sblock=Relic]
Relic Nevyn
[sblock=Image]
180px-Willterrell_oldman.jpg
[/sblock]
(Lvl 4) Human Wizard 4/Oracle 1
HP: 38/38
AC: 14 (18 with Mage Armor) Touch 14 FlatFooted 11 (15 with Mage Armor)
Initiative: +4; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Fort: +2 Ref: +3 Will: +7
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp; Silent Image; Air Bubble; Cause Fear; Charm Person
Lvl 2: Summon Monster II, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility; Levitate
Bonded Ring:
Pearl of Power (lvl 1):
Pearl of Power (lvl 2):
Lightning Flash 7/7 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 3/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (47/50) charges
Wand of CLW: (50/50) charges
Rod of Lesser Extend: 2/3 uses left today
Quarterstaff of Spellstoring: +3; 1d6+1 dmg Charged: Force Punch (5d4 force, 10ft knock back, DC 16).
Consumables: 4/4 CLW Potions; 8/8 trail rations
Scrolls prepared for Battle (currently in waterproof scroll case for crossing): Magic Missile, Shield, Ray of Enfeeblement, Hypnotism, Moment of Greatness
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 30'; as Darkvision
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn looks to Aradra and sees that he's now got Estian contained. "Aye, Iosef, you've the right of it . . . hold a moment and I'll help you row." She turns to the others. "Stop playing with him and knock him out! We can figure out how he came to be this . . . frog creature . . . once we're ashore."

She squats and grabs the gunwale, making her way carefully under the furled sail and to the oar opposite Iosef, where she seats herself and begins rowing. I'm not sure what these 'jellyfish' are, exactly, but Aradra's cautions regarding their ability to harm us is good enough for me. I'll just do what I can to avoid splashing any of them into the boat. She's very careful with the oars as she rows, dipping the oar gently, pulling strongly once it's submerged, then lifting it carefully from the water for the return stroke.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 23 (13 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +09 CMD: 22
Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 21 (11 Touch, 18 Flat-Footed)
HP: 104/104
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 21 (11 Touch, 18 Flat-Footed)
HP: 99/99
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 22 (12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +08 CMD: 20
Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
With three assailants, the skum is beaten unconscious while the paladin and lady row. Getting clear of the jellyfish swarm, the boat makes it way to the first island safely. The waters are rough with the turbulence coming from the other island. Pulling the boat well on shore, you find a stone stairway carved into the rock face leading up. There is a plaque at the base of the stairwell.
"Wedding Rock"

[sblock=ooc]You have an unconscious prisoner currently not tied up though. There is a stairwell leading up, basically circling this pillar of stone a couple times as it rises about 120 ft out of the ocean.

Not bothering with dragging out the rolls for the last few HP to knock him unconscious. He can't defend himself to avoid three strikes.

Aradra hit it on the head. His change was forced by something, and he was going to rock the boat trying to tip you out into the jellyfish bloom. CR6 XP. Busy tonight, will update first post later[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Before leaving the boat, Aradra ties up the fish man's hands and feet with a length of twine. "This will not be enough to permanently hold him " he says to his companions "But if he tries to escape he will have to break free first. Also, since he recently transformmed, he might still have a lingering enchantment on him. Can you see what may have caused this transformation? " Aradra says, looking to Relic.

He stands up, stretches, and says "I am going get an idea of what this island looks like real quick. It should not take long."

If no one stops him, Aradra will reach into his pouch, and pulls out a spring of holly. He pulls out the black rod he showed Frost earlier, and casting the spell. One of the emeralds blow brightly as the spell starts, and the effect can be seen on Aradra's eyes starts turning the color of the skyline.

Once the spell is complete, Aradra fishes for his map making gear, and sets to work trying to sketch the outline of what he sees.

[sblock]
Cast an Extended Eagle's eye, and start mapping what he sees everywhere.

If I need to roll something (Geography, Profession: Soilder, Craft: mapmaking) let me know.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases