[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jbear

First Post
"I will see what I can discover" Relic nods and narrows his eyes as he takes in the unconscious skum. He nears the creature whispering a prayer under his breath, and allows his magic to reach out towards it and make sense of whatever it is that caused the transformation.

[sblock=Actions] Detect Magic focused on the Skum. Guidance to Aid Spellcraft check.
Also nature to know if these creatures normally shapeshift and history in case the sign sparks some distant memory[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily squats down next to the ex-human and nudges him until he awakens. "Oye ... oye, friend. I am sorries for the take prisoner, but there was a person who was wanting kill you for reason I ams not so sures of. Now I am want knows if was mistakes or if was the true. If was the true, I much apologize for the take prisoner, and I wills make you now end quicks, as honored enemy."

[sblock=ooc]+0 to Sense Motive. Assuming it's a GM roll.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 58/58
CMB: +9 CMD: 21
Fort: +8 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +11 CMD: 23
Fort: +10 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +10
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Earthbreaker (+10/2d6+7 or +12/2d6+10)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: 11/11

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 4
Javelin, 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Aradra, Daylily and Relic all notice an uncomfortable, droning hum coming from above. Aradra and Daylily are able to determine that this annoying noise is coming from the top of this pillar rock. The carved stairs are ancient, overgrown and seem to wrap around the entire island a couple times as they climb.

Relic casts his incantation, only to be surprised and caught off guard. He twitches a bit before attempting to continues his work.[sblock=Relic]Best analogy: You turned on your high beam lights in a fog bank. The air all around you glows with very strong transmutation magic. The source is too bright to stare at and to your left. When you point in that direction and ask, Daylily says that is the direction of the main island. When you look up towards the annoying noise, there is a strong enchantment glow coming from that direction as well.

Detect Magic is going to be difficult this adventure.
DC 11 fortitude save or be sickened while using.
2 extra rounds to deal with blinding whiteout effect before you can identify.
DC to identify +10 because of the brighter auras.

Result of detect magic: Transmutation aura on the skum, but not any specific spell you know of.

Kn Nature: Skum are male. When they breed with humans, they look human until old age or a sickness death, when they transform into skum. It is a guess that this one turned early.

Kn Local: Wedding Rock. It is a common custom in small villages to have "ceremonial places" to consummate a marriage. They are usually old temples to fertility gods or other similarly consecrated ground.

[/sblock]

Daylily wakes Estian. Confusion is in his eyes. He tries to speak, but the croaking voice he now has startles him. His head spins around in a panic, trying to get his bearings and understand what has been done to him.

[sblock=example pics]
wedding_rock.jpg
stairs.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily frowns at Aradra. "For this the wrestles was necessary?" He looks back down at Estian. "You is should be calms. Is touch of Snake Mother that was make changings of you, I am think. Or maybe eating the too many flat-spiders." He withdraws his dagger, apparently with the intention of cutting the creature's bonds.

[sblock=OOC]Daylily will let the skum go free unless stopped.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 58/58
CMB: +9 CMD: 21
Fort: +8 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 68/68
CMB: +11 CMD: 23
Fort: +10 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +10
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger (+9/1d4+4)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: 11/11

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 4
Javelin, 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Relic stumbles backwards a step or two as he projects his magic and the nausea attempts to assault his senses. "This place ..." is all he can manage to say. When he recovers Daylily is freeing the skum from his bonds. Without thinking Relic acts on instinct. His eyes flare a moment and an aura of calm and friendship reaches out towards the prisoner.

"We do not wish to hurt you Estian. You are amongst friends. We tied you to stop you from hurting us and yourself. But that is over now. No harm will come to you. Please, come. Stand and let us talk."

[sblock=Actions] Relic casts Charm Person on Estian as Daylily frees him. I'm presuming a skum is still considered a humanoid. [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Daylily approaches the frightened frog man and cuts his bonds. Seeing as he is not being attacked, the skum stands. Relic uses some soothing words. After gaining his balance and stability on new feet, Estian's eyes seem to glaze over, the fear draining away.
[sblock=Iosef]You don't think Relic's charming spell worked. Estian's frog lips are not smiling a friendly smile.[/sblock]

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Drawing his sword, Iosef leaps forward placing himself between the creature and Relic. "He is not swayed by your magic!" The paladin says as he prepares to defend his allies.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases