[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
KalinnAriHeadShot-EW.png

"I'm with you, um, Daylilly was it? We have little use for horses in the mountains of my home."

Nevertheless, she eyes a black gelding appreciatively. She approaches the beast slowly but with confidence, checking the saddle for it's name as she speaks easily to it.

"'Allo, big fella. Ah, you're a good boy, hey? Come, now, you'll consent to carry me, yes? What's your name, fella?"

She slips Winterbite's sheath through the loops on the saddle and mounts without too much difficulty. Once astride, she sits easily but it's apparent that she's not used to being on horseback.

"OK, then. A quick stop for supplies and I'll be ready."

[sblock=OOC]I'm working on spending her money right now. Sadly, there wasn't a CLW wand to be found in the Pearl, so she's picking up some potions instead.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"We will bring the horse along anyways. When he gets tired, he may get over his superstition."

Heading out, you meet Aradra coming out of the Mystic Pearl who doesn't appear to have anything new except a cloak and backpack. Kalinn goes in to do her business and comes back out without her cloak.

"Ready? We are heading north along the shore." Not really waiting for an answer, he heads north on a road that parallels the sea shore.

[sblock=ooc]Pick a speed. It is 15 hours at 50' movement. Hustling for Daylily does cumlative non-lethal damage after the first hour. If the horses with riders hustle, they would take lethal damage. The Desert Runner trait bonuses doesn't kick in until Daylily tries full speed running or forced marching.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Since Daylily has the trait, may as well use it. I'd say as fast as Daylily can manage without actually killing the horses. Or Daylily! If it's two days ride we'll have to rest, so Daylily will have time to recover the non lethal dmg. The horses can recover once we reach the village. I doubt we are taking them to the Forbidden Isle, right? The longer we take the worse of the woman is likely to be. My two coppers :) [/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Actually, if those are light horses and the riders+gear are more than 175 lbs (according to the overland movement chart) or over 225lb (according to horse statistics and carrying capacity rules), the horses' base speed is 35' due to medium encumbrance, not 50', which means that Daylily will not be the limiting factor.

If they're 50', then you guys can go at 50'. Daylily will hustle for the first hour and scout ahead (80'), then drop to walking speed for the next three hours 3x40=120'). Then repeat for the next for hours. For the afternoon, Daylily will be fatigued and down 1 nonlethal.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock]
We also have a wolf that can carry equipment on him, if we need to. Shadow has the highest STR out of anyone, and could very easily get some of the lesser used equipment on him. He'll just be mad at Aradra fit a while is all.

As well, Aradra's handy haversack still has room in it. Just throwing that out there. And the horse Daylily refuses to ride.
EDIT:
Also, I got the impression he rode all day and night (hence the collapse). you can make a 15 hour journey in 1 day, but the horses will greatly suffer. Aradra would not feel comfortable riding a horse to near death, so he would at least take one day to rest.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Rereading: I hate Paizo's handling of horses. Light warhorse is the advanced horse, which is the heavy horse in the travel chart. Only Iosef needs to shed some weight to fit under the 229 lb limit to keep the horses at light weight. Redistributing to the empty horse and stuffing a lot in Aradra's haversack will work.

So, yes, Daylily can jog ahead and then slow up with only taking a little non-lethal damage. Hopefully he won't get into trouble on his own on the road.

Your employer used the mount spell an a couple of pearls of power to recharge when the horse ran out of steam to switch and continue on through the night. He was also riding light. So, his 15 hours of movement in one shot will turn into two days for you.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Thanks, SK. Daylily will take that risk, seeing as he's (not so) secretly terrified of horses. If it goes badly, it goes badly. When you roll a barbarian, you have to expect that your character has the life expectancy of a pet gerbil.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
So Daylily tries his hand at running ahead at his own pace, then slowing up after a while to let the party catch him. The second time he gets a ways out of sight of the party, a lone wolf comes out on the road and challenges him with a growl. Daylily growls back. The wolf notices the white wolf pelt on Daylily's shoulders and thinks he will look for easier prey. He scampers off into the woods.

After eight hours, both the horses and Daylily are getting tired. You find a often used campsite off the road just a bit. There is a large grassland clearing that breaks into the forest, pushing the forest back for a way. Someone left their stone ringed firepit near the edge of the woods. It looks like it hasn't been used in a couple of days, but does get regular use.

Systole

First Post
Daylily settles in, lighting the fire and tearing into his rations. He seems tired but in good spirits. "Is good to be goings from city. Too longs in city, I was begin forget the ways of land of home! And we having good omen of Sun Wolf. He is guides us on the journey."

After the day's run, his body odor has diminished somewhat, as if the fresh sweat and fresh air has disappated the worst of the miasma that accompanied him. Instead of being tear- and vomit-inducing, the stench has regressed to merely 'extremely unwashed.'

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases