[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

rb780nm

First Post
Ignoring the advice from Relic, Iosef shouts at the creature "Who sent you to lure us here? Why?" The intimidating effects of his sword and shouted questions are undone as his voice cracks mid-question, trailing off in squeek.

Systole

First Post
Exasperated, Daylily swears at Iosef in his native tongue. "Xae huig vewel e mich e vahaelic!?" The words are incomprehensible, but the tone is clear: Why can't everyone calm the hell down for a half a minute!?

jackslate45

First Post
With all the yelling going on Shadow's fur stands up on end, and a low growl escapes from the wolf. Aradra shakes his head, but continues his perpetration for the spell he is trying so hard to cast.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn watches the goings on, keeping her thoughts to herself but her senses sharp. You're not in camp, girl . . . hostile territory drill.

As the others quibble over the disposition of their former guide, she takes up a post to watch over Aradra as he works his spellcraft, knowing he'll be somewhat more vulnerable as he does so. Having seen their mettle, she trusts her companions to take care of Estian . . . whatever that may end up meaning.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 23 (13 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +09 CMD: 22
Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 21 (11 Touch, 18 Flat-Footed)
HP: 104/104
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 21 (11 Touch, 18 Flat-Footed)
HP: 99/99
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 22 (12 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 80/80
CMB: +08 CMD: 20
Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Estian takes advantage of the group's indecisive confusion and makes a run for the surf. In just a couple seconds, he is below the waterline and making his escape.

[sblock=ooc]Estian: Full Withdraw into the sea. It isn't difficult terrain for him anymore. The spell wasn't effective because he is now monstrous humanoid.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily turns to the group with an I-told-you-so look on his face. "And so is the Snake Mother callings him that she touches to the bigs water. You is should be ashame, wolf-keeper."

He looks around and begins chewing a hunk of reddish leaves. "Wells thens. Is annoying sound coming from the up. I am think we should go to find the noise and make stop it."

[sblock=OOC]Using barbarian chew for lingering rage.

Nothing personal, JS. Daylily can be an insufferable prick sometimes. Usually when he's wrong and doesn't know it. However, I have this bad feeling that very shortly he's going to know it.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra shakes his head, and replies "First, let me get an idea how this area looks before we do anything. Although we will likely go to that floating tower first."

Into the final stages of his spell work, Aradra closes his eyes, and when opened he can see the view as the eagle does.

[sblock=OCC]
Nope, I expected this of Daylily. Aradra just will ignore him for a while is all :) (and while I go back to working saturdays again...FML)

And I agree with the bad feeling. He already tried to kill us once. This time he might bring more.

Also SK, can Aradra cast his spell now? I thought for a second he was going to get charged...:eek:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Shadow, Wolf

When Bright-Hair drew his sword, Shadow's hind legs were ready to jump into action, ready to see how tasty Two Leg Fish was. However, Two Leg Fish was scarred, and fled into the sea. Shadow continued to growl even after the monster, not trusting the former Two Legs. Having experienced several hit and run tatics, the wolf did not trust a monster that Master nearly took down before. Shadow was mad that he did not rip out the monster's throat, but was unable to move much in Water-Horse that carried them here.

Stink elf turned and barked at Master, and Master simply responded back with a shake of head. Shadow thought he heard Master

The wolf bounded back past Not-Evil-One and rejoined Master, sniffing on the wind to see if Man-Fish returned from the sea.

jbear

First Post
Relic positively glowers and crackles with barely contained anger, tiny sparks of electricity leap across his fingernails. He bares his teeth for a while as he bites back his frustration.

"My spell did not work on that creature. His humanity had completely disappeared otherwise he would have become a friend, a guide and a source of information. What we have now is a knife at our backs. A sharp one that hides beneath the sea. Our holiday is over. From here, whatever we do, we should proceed as if we are to be attacked at any moment. It is clear we are not welcome here.

No doubt we will have another chance to deal with our escaped fishman."

Satin Knights

First Post
Aradra is not interrupted in his casting. As the sensor rises, it sees that this pillar stone looks quite solid and quite old. The circular stair case seems to wrap around the pillar two and half times. There are no visible creatures except for the occasional seagull. Once it rises to the top, Aradra sees an ancient temple that, as the one in the village, has been forgotten and then re-purposed for fertility rites. Several of the stone alter slabs have been hollowed a bit, then filled with sand in order to make them more comfortable.

Looking out, the village seems small, with little activity outdoors. Any ships on the high sea seem to be giving this area a wide bearth, heading significantly further out to sea to avoid the area.

Looking towards the main island, a great storm wall seems to encircle the island which is probably a half mile in diameter. A few towers and spires stand solidly near the center of the island. They have the look of legend, as if they were old in the Golden Age. Considering that the few broken towers that float and tumble in the maelstrom have probably been doing that for centuries, saturation in mystic energy is an understatement. The storm and its debris obscures most of the island from outsiders.

After looking at the power of the island and returning his gaze at this pillar, Aradra begins to realize that this pillar may have simply served as a forward defense turret standing between the island and the mainland.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases