Pathfinder RPG [LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets - Page 6




+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 1582
  1. #51
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,883

    Ignore jbear
    Relic puts down his books. He stares out into the night with a look of puzzlement on his face. He puts the tome away in his pack and closes it firmly. He sits there for a few moments looking around with the same look which soon grows into a look of concern.

    "Something is not right Daylilly. I can't put my finger upon it but I sense a warning in the Wind. It is as if blows too cold, as if it had lost its way. Listen ... can you hear it? The crickets have hushed ... as if they were waiting for something ill to happen."

    He picks up his staff. "Perhaps we should check the horses? I'd hate to wake the others just for the ramblings of a dithering old man ... but I feel we are in danger."
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

 

  • #52
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    2,876

    Ignore Systole
    "Aye, sure an' if it'll make ye easier, Elder. Whatever summat's creepin' -- if indeed there be a creeper -- it's hiding from the likes of us. And if the breeze is changing, mayhap it's the Eagle of the High Winds watching o'er our trek." Daylily approaches the horses, but stops six or seven paces away and fidgets. "Ye can, uh, go ahead and check the beasties, Elder. I'll watch yer back. From here. On account of right here being a most proper vantage point, ye ken."

    OOC: Just FYI, if it's not clear from the language, italics are Daylily speaking in Elven, and regular font is Daylily speaking in Common.

    Mini Stats


    Daylily Falshenaya

    -Normal-
    AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 47/47
    CMB: +8 CMD: 20
    Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

    -Raging-
    AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 55/55
    CMB: +10 CMD: 22
    Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

    Perception: +9
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Rage Remaining: 9/9

    Used Items:
    Rations, 1
    CLW Wand, 1

  • #53
    You both know the night "feels" uneasy, but neither of you find a source of trouble.
    Daylily
    It has been slow, for you are used to immediate results. But you feel the euphoria of toad sucking coming on. You made a fortitude save to resist the feeling if you desire, or you can enjoy it.
    Relic
    You are seeing pink and blue spots and the grass around your feet is dancing and hinting you should join in. If you have ever kissed Daylily's toad, you recognize that you are on one of his "vision trips". This may have been the cause of the uneasiness.(missed your fort save)
    It is time to wake the next watch.

  • #54
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    2,876

    Ignore Systole
    Daylily frowns and shakes his head. "Is not goods times for the spirit-vision," he says. Blinking a few times, his vision returns to normal. He meanders over to the bedrolls. "Oye! The next is time for the wake. Darkchild, Sunchild ... is your turning."

    The names Darkchild and Sunchild seem to be what the barbarian has settled on calling Kalinn and Iosef, at least for the time being. It's likely it has something to do with their ancestry and his oddball tribal beliefs.
    Mini Stats


    Daylily Falshenaya

    -Normal-
    AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 47/47
    CMB: +8 CMD: 20
    Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

    -Raging-
    AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 55/55
    CMB: +10 CMD: 22
    Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

    Perception: +9
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Rage Remaining: 9/9

    Used Items:
    Rations, 1
    CLW Wand, 1

  • #55
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    11,930

    Ignore Mowgli

    Kalinn rolls awake in an instant, snagging up her blade as she rises. "Kiitos, Daylilly. How went your watch?"
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #56
    Kalinn
    You wake quick, but the world feels just a bit off. Pink and blue dots fade in and out of your vision while the grass on the ground is is waving at you in more organized patterns than the wind should produce. Your not drunk. This is a calmer distortion of reality, but the changes are more vivid and intense. Sounds occasionally shimmer in trails of color. No matter what you pick up, it has the wrong weight, even Hafsbta feels different. (failed fort save by 2)
    Iosef
    You wake perfectly fine and feeling normal. (made the fort save by 12)

  • #57
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,883

    Ignore jbear
    After Relic comes back from checking the horses he shakes his head and rubs his eyes before moving to wake the others for their shift on the watch. When they wake he shares his fears.

    "There is something not right about this place we have chosen to camp. I suggest you take the greatest care upon your watch. My body is telling me things that cannot be true. I believe I am hallucinating. I don't know why that is the case but I have begun to see spots of different colours around my feet. Be careful you distinguish your visions from reality. It may be something in the air or the preamble to a more sinister attack upon us."


    Relic yawns and lays down to sleep.

    "I will sleep lightly."

    As Relic drifts off to sleep his mind is racing.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #58
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    11,930

    Ignore Mowgli

    An icy breeze swirls fiercely around Kalinn as her alarm makes itself felt. She staggers a bit as she rises and looks 'round wildly. "'Ware, friends! We're under some sort of mystical attack!" Then the old priest's words begin to register. "You feel it as well!? And you haven't determined the source of the attack? Wait . . . you're sleeping when we're under attack? FEAR, FIRE, FOES! WAKE, FRIENDS, AND DEFEND YOURSELVES! SOMETHING'S ATTACKING US . . . IT'S ALREADY PUT RELIC DOWN!"
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #59
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    2,876

    Ignore Systole
    Nestled in his furs, Daylily opens an eye. Recognizing the signs of a spirit-talking gone bad, he sighs and heaves himself to his feet. "Oye, Darkchild. Is to be calming downer. This is no attackings, only talking of Wind Eagle to you. You is have unfriendly toad-lick, and the bloods of the Dark Hunter in you is make you fear. Going to sleep again. I wills watch second time for you."

    ooc
    I'm guessing that as a long-time connoisseur of fine mind-altering chemicals, Daylily is familiar with bad trips. He'll attempt to put Kalinn to bed and take another watch.




    Mini Stats


    Daylily Falshenaya

    -Normal-
    AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 47/47
    CMB: +8 CMD: 20
    Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

    -Raging-
    AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 55/55
    CMB: +10 CMD: 22
    Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

    Perception: +9
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Rage Remaining: 9/9

    Used Items:
    Rations, 1
    CLW Wand, 1

  • #60
    Aradra and Shadow both wake with a start at the sound of the yell.

    OCC: Waiting on results of fort save before doing anything

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Isle of the Laughing Gallows - A gritty pirate isle for L4W
      By Dunamin in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 06:04 PM
    2. Clean up in Isle 3!
      By Bront in forum Meta
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 15th June, 2007, 10:27 AM
    3. [KenzerCo] Upcoming Kalamar hardcover: Svimohzia - the Ancient Isle
      By Mark Plemmons in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th March, 2007, 07:41 PM
    4. Ancient China / Ancient India - anything?
      By Aus_Snow in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th August, 2005, 09:39 PM
    5. Blasphemous Secrets and Forbidden Lore
      By Kaji in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd September, 2004, 12:07 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •