[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets - Page 60




What's on your mind?

  1. #591
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    794

    Ignore rb780nm
    My communities:

    Ignoring the strange vision that interrupted his train of thought, Iosef nods in agreement. "Let's keep moving"

    OOC: @John479 : I think you meant to post int he tavern thread.


 

  • #592
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,275

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    "Very well, onward it is! Though I believe we should investigate the tower before we leave."
    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Kalinn Ari

    Standard Block
    Initiative: +03
    AC: 27 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 80/80
    CMB: +09 CMD: 22
    Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

    Rage Block
    Initiative: +03
    AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 104/104
    CMB: +11 CMD: 22
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

    Rage Block (Hafsbta in Hand)
    Initiative: +3
    AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 99/99
    CMB: +10 CMD: 21
    Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

    Fatigue Block
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 26 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 80/80
    CMB: +08 CMD: 20
    Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

    Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
    Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
    Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
    Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
    Special: Boon: Healing Surge

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 3/4 per Day)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
    1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
    2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #593
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,003

    Ignore jbear
    Relic follows the group in stormy silence.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #594
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,617

    Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Deciding to ignore the tower for the moment and look for more trouble, the group heads out north in a slightly clockwise pattern where they can still see the edge of the island. To the northwest is a tall, regal looking building that has fared better than others. While the stonework is sturdy as a fortress, looking as if it could withstand an assault from the abyss itself, the crystal windows and dome have long ago shattered. Between you and this structure is a grandiose lawn. Not having a caretaker, this lawn has overgrown quite thick. The vegetation is chest high, and likely to have several more carnivorous plants in it.

    Swinging your gaze to the north, the vegetation stops abruptly. It is hard to see what is over there though, as the overgrowth is so tall in the foreground. Quite a ways beyond, a shimmering dome about sixty feet high appears in the distance. Light seems to bounce off of it in an ever changing pattern.

    Far beyond the dome is another stone tower. This appears to be one of the towers that was broken off and may be floating around the island.

    A little closer, two of the street lamps seem to be glowing with a pale blue light.
    ooc
    Since you didn't find a quiet place for Relic to do the identification work, both attempts failed and his sickness passes in a few moments. They can be attempted again when conditions change. Who is carrying the horn and necklace? Is that person wearing the necklace?
    maps
    Overview

    Local


  • #595
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    Ignore jackslate45
    My communities:

    Keeping his wit's about him, both Aradra and Shadow keep their guard up, ready for another ambush to happen.

    He sees another blue light, and whirls his bow to point at it, thinking that the will o wisp was there. However, when he sees that it is a pale blue orb on top of the light post, he lowers his guard...

    "Free my people or lose your lives starting with this delicious elf!"

    I hearded the Trickster spawn say he is want his friends to be free, and we will do this thing when we finds the friends. Because to makes the prisoner not prisoner, this is corrects.

    Another blue light? Where all of these orbs shinning blue??

    SK
    : since there is no insight in PF I am thinking a wisdom roll is needed here? or is simply seeing them going to be enough?

    Aradra Stats


    Aradra Longstrider


    AC: 21 (15 flat-footed, 16 touch)
    HP: 75/78
    CMB: +10 CMD: 22
    Fort: +8 Reflex: +13 Will: +5

    Perception: +13
    Initiative: +8

    Current Weapon in Hand: Bow
    Current Item in Right Hand Sheath: Wand of Abundent Ammo (48/50)
    Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim;Woodland Stride ; Pass without trace 7..5hours

    Used Items: 2 charges of Abundent Ammo.

    Adaptation
    : 80/80 Minutes Remain (Darkvision)
    Level 1 Spells: Pass without Trace, Gravity Bow
    Level 2 Spells: Eagle Eye
    , blank

    Shadow Stats


    Shadow

    AC: 19 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch)
    HP: 72/72
    CMB: +12 CMD: 24 (28 vs Trip)
    Fort: +9 Reflex: +7 Will: +5 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)

    Perception: +13
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+10 1d8 + 15 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (activated)
    Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent
    Last edited by jackslate45; Wednesday, 26th September, 2012 at 02:23 AM.

  • #596
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,275

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    OOC: Kalinn would take the horn back from Relic if he offered it, but wouldn't ask - she'd assume he's keeping it for future study.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #597
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,104

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    Daylily notices Aradra whirl toward the lights. Though utterly lacking in anything approaching proper manners, the barbarian does have a reasonably average intellect. "Is that the prisoners-friend of Trickster Spawn?" he asks. "Is this civilized thing, to put Trickster Spawn on top of pole? For punishment? I am not sure the reasonings for this."

    He draws his sling and sends a hunk of rubble through the glass.

    OOC
    Daylily will nail the glass with a sling stone. I can roll attack, but it's out of combat, so he misses and someone tackles him, he's going to break the glass.

    So these Precursors, they made will-o-wisps into streetlights? That's kind of funny, actually.

    Daylily has nothing to do with the amulet or the tusk.


    Mini Stats


    Daylily Falshenaya

    -Normal-
    AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 66/69
    CMB: +10 CMD: 22
    Fort: +8 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

    -Raging-
    AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
    HP: 78/81
    CMB: +12 CMD: 24
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

    Perception: +11
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Earthbreaker
    Current Conditions in Effect: Lingering rage, PA/FF
    Rage Remaining: 9/13

    Used Items:
    Rations, 1
    CLW Wand, 14
    Javelin, 2
    Barbarian chew, 1

  • #598
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,003

    Ignore jbear
    Relic, holding onto the the magical items for now to study at a later date before returning them to their owners, watches with interest as Daylily seeks to break the pale blue lamps. He can't help but chuckle with admiration at his friends often surprising intelligence and insight.

    "I can float you up there if you prefer to use your hammer, Daylilly" he offers. "There is of course no guarantee that they will be grateful ... but I doubt they will attack us further if indeed we manage to free them from their prison."

    OOC: Relic will cast Levitate on Daylily if he wants to float up and smash the Lamps with his hammer rather than taking potshots with his sling.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #599
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,617

    Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Daylily's sling shot shatters the glass globe. With a roaring laugh of glee, a will-o-wisp darts out and spirals around the post, changing through all colors of the rainbow and reveling in its final freedom. Moving forward towards the group slowly, it cautiously goes invisible. You hear a voice call out, "To repay your gift of freedom, I give you one truth and one question answered."

    "The prisoners of magic and glass watch the prisoners of mind as they free the prisoner of old."

  • #600
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,104

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    "I am not need the flying magics, Elder, but I am thanks for the offer." When Relic suggests they may or may not be hostile, the barbarian shrugs. It's simply not relevant to him whether they might attack. Even enemies shouldn't be caged.

    He snorts at the will-o-wisp's words. "The makers of this place, they seems to likes much prisoner. This place is good huntings ground for snake meats and tasty salads, but I am not likes this place any mores."

    He looks to Relic to ask a question of the creature.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 60 of 159 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Isle of the Laughing Gallows - A gritty pirate isle for L4W
      By Dunamin in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 06:04 PM
    2. Clean up in Isle 3!
      By Bront in forum Meta
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 15th June, 2007, 10:27 AM
    3. [KenzerCo] Upcoming Kalamar hardcover: Svimohzia - the Ancient Isle
      By Mark Plemmons in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th March, 2007, 07:41 PM
    4. Ancient China / Ancient India - anything?
      By Aus_Snow in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th August, 2005, 09:39 PM
    5. Blasphemous Secrets and Forbidden Lore
      By Kaji in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd September, 2004, 12:07 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •