[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets - Page 67


What's on your mind?

  1. #661
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Kalinn moves to cover Aradra as he examines the bodies, placing herself between the ruined building and the silvery pools that Relic is inspecting.
    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Kalinn Ari

    Standard Block
    Initiative: +03
    AC: 27 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 80/80
    CMB: +09 CMD: 22
    Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

    Rage Block
    Initiative: +03
    AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 104/104
    CMB: +11 CMD: 22
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

    Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
    Initiative: +3
    AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 99/99
    CMB: +10 CMD: 21
    Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

    Fatigue Block
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 26 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 80/80
    CMB: +08 CMD: 20
    Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

    Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
    Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
    Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
    Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
    Special: Boon: Healing Surge

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 3/4 per Day)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
    1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
    2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

 

  • #662
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,021
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore jbear
    "Ah, yes the pools ... there they are"

    Relic hurries forward and kneels next to them, walking around them. "I wonder, Daylily, if you could free that rather excited wisp from its prison. It must have been witness to all that goes on here."

    OOC
    Which knowledge check should I make for the pools? Arcana? Or will I need to use detect magic to identify the magic going on?
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #663
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore jackslate45
    My communities:

    Once his inspection of the bodies was complete, Aradra muses over what he found. He seems to be talking more to himself, but it is just loud enough for Kalinn to hear.

    "Blunt attacks, painful. And the silver in the their clothes, could it be from the pools? Did they dip these creatures into the pond? Relic! Please be careful over there." the ranger says, looking up towards the wizard as he inspects the ponds.

    Turning back to the villagers, Aradra continues his train of thought. "Also, why would they kill the villagers halfway? Surely they could have used them to dig the creature bound below out. Death appears between a month ago, and a week ago. So different times of death, but they returned here for something. What did that wisp say? The puddles of silver holds the faces and stories of old?"

  • #664
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,651
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Relic
    The pools seem to be dormant right now. Once activated, you think maybe your studies in spellcraft will help you determine what they do and how they do it without activating a detect magic. The stone walls of the shrine might help a bit to block the blinding effects of the storm though for the other things you have on your list to do.
    Being that you are on an island, you would think the air would be humid. But, your skin is feeling dry and itchy. It is just an annoyance, but the annoyance is growing.
    Frost
    You are feeling quite jittery and jumpy. Looking around, there isn't any danger that you can see, but you can't shake than ancy feeling. You reach for your blade, "Finally! That writing on the copper plaques on the walls, it is ancient aklo. I mean real ancient aklo. What have you gotten us into?" All of this is rushing around in your head. The others didn't hear him.
    Daylily
    The wisp is bouncing around in its globe, changing all sorts of colors.
    Iosef
    The smell of this place and the dead bodies is getting annoying. It is starting to make you cough. That deep, gut wrenching kind of cough.
    Aradra
    Shadow whimpers a bit.
    Shadow
    Legs hurt. Paws growing.
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Friday, 12th October, 2012 at 05:03 AM.

  • #665
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Kalinn falls into a half-crouch, grasping Hafísbíta's hilt in one hand and the sheath in the other and clearing about three inches of blade from the sheath. "Um, guys? I'm getting a really bad feeling about this. That writing looks like a very old form of Aklo."

    Satin Knights
    {{Apologies, Honored Ancestor - I'm still getting used to this whole "spirit bound in my blade" thing. What's Aklo? And what does the writing on the plaques say?}}

    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Kalinn Ari

    Standard Block
    Initiative: +03
    AC: 27 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 80/80
    CMB: +09 CMD: 22
    Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

    Rage Block
    Initiative: +03
    AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 104/104
    CMB: +11 CMD: 22
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

    Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
    Initiative: +3
    AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 99/99
    CMB: +10 CMD: 21
    Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

    Fatigue Block
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 26 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 80/80
    CMB: +08 CMD: 20
    Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

    Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
    Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
    Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
    Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
    Special: Boon: Healing Surge

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 3/4 per Day)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
    1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
    2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #666
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,021
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore jbear
    Paying heed to Aradra's warning, Relic steps away from the silver pools idly scratching his skin at the back of his hand.

    He heads over to the shrine to shelter from the storm. He takes a look around at the shrine, searching for anything that might reveal the nature of the pools before settling down to try and identify the amulet and the horn once more.

    He pops his head out when he hears Kalinn's more insistent warning. "What is Aklo?"
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #667
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Satin Knights's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,651
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Satin Knights
    My communities:

    Frost
    {{Aklo is an ancient tongue of evil and madness. It is often a second language of the drow and derro. Gibbering mouthers, hags, aboleths, ropers and sinspawn all speak in the tongue of madness.}}
    Relic
    Not Sickened. You are able to figure out that the horn is a Drinking Horn of Bottomless Valor. Ult Equipment p.292 It is a daily charged item that gives you aid, enlarge and heroism depending on how many charges are used at once.

    Still missed on the amulet. The blinding effect is reduced from +10 to +2, but the roll was not sufficient. All you know right now is transmutation and abjuration energy and above caster level 2.

    There are seven copper plaques in here. All of them contain about a paragraph of writing, except the center one which has three. The language you don't recognize. Only three of the plaques have been cleaned. The other four are still highly corroded with over time.

    As soon as you asked the question, you realized that Aklo is the language on the plaques.
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Friday, 12th October, 2012 at 10:02 PM.

  • #668
    Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by jbear View Post
    He pops his head out when he hears Kalinn's more insistent warning. "What is Aklo?"
    Kalinn looks . . . distracted for a moment, then shakes her head and focuses back on Relic. "Aklo is a tongue of evil and madness, spoken for long ages by abberations and denizens of the underworld."
    _______________


    Mini Stats

    Kalinn Ari

    Standard Block
    Initiative: +03
    AC: 27 (13 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 80/80
    CMB: +09 CMD: 22
    Fort: +07 Reflex: +06 Will: +05

    Rage Block
    Initiative: +03
    AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 104/104
    CMB: +11 CMD: 22
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +06 Will: +07

    Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
    Initiative: +3
    AC: 25 (11 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 99/99
    CMB: +10 CMD: 21
    Fort: +09 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

    Fatigue Block
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 26 (12 Touch, 24 Flat-Footed)
    HP: 80/80
    CMB: +08 CMD: 20
    Fort: +07 Reflex: +05 Will: +05

    Senses: DarkVision
    Perception: +09, Sense Motive: +0

    Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
    Special: Spirit Totem (+7/1d4+2)
    Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
    Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
    Special: Boon: Healing Surge

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 6/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 3/4 per Day)
    Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
    1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Protection from Evil, Shield
    2nd Level: Protection from Evil (Communal)
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #669
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore jackslate45
    My communities:

    Aradra looks alarmed at Shadow's stifled whimper. Abandoning his thought process, Aradra goes over to the wolf and starts inspecting him. "You ok guy?"

    The wolf, once realizing what his master was doing, presents his front paws to Aradra. The soldier starts looking over the paaz at once, looking for some sort of thorn.

    Edit

    SK, can we get a screenshot/official write up for the horn? For those of us who do not have Ultimate Equipment yet.
    Last edited by jackslate45; Saturday, 13th October, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

  • #670
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,144
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ř Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    Daylily shrugs at Relic's admonition. "We cans kill the Big Prisoner if you say to kill, but I will not leave anything in the cage. If it is the evil, this is not import. There is no thing that deserve to be in cage. Deserve to be dead, yes. Deserve to be cage, no." To emphasize his point, he slings a stone at the will-o-wisp's glass globe. "Hah, this is pretty one, like rainbow."

    Daylily looks over at the pools dubiously. "I am not like this thing. It is not right for metal to look like drink and be cold." He hunts around for some flat stones and begins skimming them off the surface of the pools.

    Mini Stats


    Daylily Falshenaya

    -Normal-
    AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 66/69
    CMB: +10 CMD: 22
    Fort: +8 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

    -Raging-
    AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
    HP: 72/81
    CMB: +12 CMD: 24
    Fort: +10 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

    Perception: +11
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Earthbreaker
    Current Conditions in Effect: Lingering rage, PA/FF
    Rage Remaining: 8/13

    Used Items:
    Rations, 1
    CLW Wand, 14
    Javelin, 2
    Barbarian chew, 1

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 67 of 159 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Isle of the Laughing Gallows - A gritty pirate isle for L4W
      By Dunamin in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 07:04 PM
    2. Clean up in Isle 3!
      By Bront in forum Meta
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 15th June, 2007, 11:27 AM
    3. [KenzerCo] Upcoming Kalamar hardcover: Svimohzia - the Ancient Isle
      By Mark Plemmons in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th March, 2007, 08:41 PM
    4. Ancient China / Ancient India - anything?
      By Aus_Snow in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th August, 2005, 10:39 PM
    5. Blasphemous Secrets and Forbidden Lore
      By Kaji in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd September, 2004, 01:07 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •