[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock= Relic]Here we have a Magic Circle against Evil, complete with the extra runic circle around it as an extra precautionary defense. Another abjuration aura shows that dimensional anchor has been added as well to keep the target from leaving. The outer circle seems to be dimly pulsing in necromantic energy, the kind of which you can't tell the spell. And then there is a conjuration/summoning aura in the center. It is wavering around a slight bit. The spell was lesser planar binding.

The consequences of crossing the turquoise ring is breaking the binding locks and releasing the occupant or occupants. The consequences of crossing the white ring are unknown. [/sblock]
Since the area where you are free to go without crossing the circles is quite small in this room, Shadow and Aradra are stuck in the stairwell. From Shadow's sniffing the air and low growl, everyone knows he is a bit agitated and can sense something.

Systole

First Post
"I can go wrecking the things, if that is what you think is goods idea, Elder. It is goods idea this times, yes?" the barbarian says hopefully.

jbear

First Post
"I can go wrecking the things, if that is what you think is goods idea, Elder. It is goods idea this times, yes?" the barbarian says hopefully.
Relic shakes his head. "No. We cannot touch this circle. Or cross it. I think even being close to it is a bad idea. Inside there is an evil waiting to come out. If you cross the circle, you become a doorway for the evil to enter this world. Help me back down stairs Daylilly. This old man is sick and weary, and he still has much wrestling with paper to do this day"

Relic reaches out for Daylily's arm to rest upon, still holding his breath in fear of what Daylily might do with the information he has just given, but gently turning him away towards the doorway in the hope his compassion for his weakened state will be enough to deter him from breaking the magical circle holding back whatever evil it contains inside.

jackslate45

First Post
Shadow's continued growls confuse the ranger, but when Aradra sees Relic explain to Daylily it is a bad idea, the ranger looks at Shadow and says "Shadow, stay."

Satin Knights

First Post
As Relic turns the party and heads back towards the stairwell, a chuckling can be heard from within the circles. "Tis wise old man. Keep your rotting skin for now and I will keep my secrets. Patience is my virtue. Comfortable is my prison. I shall be tasting your salt laden bones soon enough."

jackslate45

First Post
The ranger draws his bow, but does not quite take aim with it yet. Great, something we can't see again...

Aradra keeps a careful eye on the elf, ensuring that he suddenly doesn't charge forward because of the monsters taunting before saying "Let's go. There is nothing useful up here."

Systole

First Post
Daylily bristles, but Relic's hand on his arm keeps him focused for the moment. "Even the Trickster Spawn know better than to liking a prison, wicked thing. It is obvious that you is much unnatural and do not deserve existing. So when the time come for the Elder to get your secret and for us to killing you, I will taking your own rotting skin, for remembering." Suddenly, his mood brightens up and he grins. "But you knows, I already have very nice boot, and very nice cloak, so I am afraids ... you will have to being my loincloth. Well, good night, and have sweet dream until I get back, wicked thing."

He heads back down the stairs but pauses on the second floor. "Oyeh, Elder, this door ... should we openings it now?"

Satin Knights

First Post
Showing his friends the second floor, the group finds a long hallway along the eastern wall, connecting the two stairwells. In the center of the hallway is a set of large brass double doors. The doors are locked. From the dust on the floor, nothing more than six inches in height has visited this hallway in a very long time except Daylily's footprints in the dust from earlier.
[sblock=map]
tower5.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"I admit to being curious enough to say yes, Daylilly, if it were not for my weakened state. I wonder if what lies behind these doors will offer some sense to the magical circle upstairs. Perhaps tomorrow we could try and open it?"
Relic continues forward towards the downstairs stairs paying the door little head for now, intent on returning to his study.

Systole

First Post
Daylily shrugs. "Yes, this is fine, Elder." He heads downstairs, where he pulls out the lizard meat and sighs at it. "Hehhh, wells, I was hope for cook the shanks, but now I am guess I have to making only jerky-chew with it."

Remove ads