[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

Systole

First Post
Daylily shrugs at Aradra. "The falling rock, they will make bury the Snaketouched. And they will make look like the falling rock was the killers. Also, there is be very big lizard with no ulili and many meat-steak cuts off it."

He rubs his eyes. "Ugh, I should not have eated the flat-spider and the ball-of-worm. I hope this sickness is go away soon. Is time to open the doors that are above, yes?"

jbear

First Post
Relic stifles a large yawn as he tidies away his writing implements, scrolls and books. "Sleep as well as you can" he mumbles to no one in particular before he props his head on his pack and falls to sleep in the nest where he had been studying.

Satin Knights

First Post
As all the others, including his faithful Shadow, get some sleep, Aradra stands watch from the shadows within the tower. About halfway through his watch, anther patrol party comes upon the slain lizard and shamblers. Aradra's earlier preparations of dragging in the bodies seems to have worked to the party's advantage. The search party have not paid any attention to the tower so far as they inspect the beast known to control this area. Counting, this time Aradra sees six patrol skum.

[sblock=Combat]Aradra in currently concealed in shadows and has stealth to his advantage. At least he does until Daylily is awakened. Timing: about 6 hours since the last patrol, or 4 hours into Aradra's watch.[/sblock][sblock=map]
tower10.png
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Crouching low to observe for right now Stealth: 1d20+17=25, the ranger's training is put to use as he blends into the ground to not be seen, hopefully watching as the patrol moves on. Aradra is ready to wake his wolf if something out of place happens
[sblock=Intent]
If they look over in the tower with curiosity's, Aradra will wake Shadow first, then start working on the rest of the party. He is trying to avoid combat for this one though. Why seek combat when it is unneeded. Also, tracks to follow ;)

As I had not posted Aradra re-memorizing spells , I am keeping his current spent list for now.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Aradra Stats]

Aradra Longstrider

AC: 21 (15 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 78/78
CMB: +10 CMD: 22
Fort: +8 Reflex: +13 Will: +5

Perception: +13
Initiative: +8

Current Weapon in Hand: Bow
Current Item in Right Hand Sheath: Wand of Abundent Ammo (46/50)
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim;Woodland Stride ;
Used Items: 4 charges of Abundent Ammo. 1 charge CLW, AntiVenom

Adaptation: 70/80 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth)
Level 1 Spells: Pass without Trace, Gravity Bow
Level 2 Spells: Eagle Eye, blank
[/sblock]
[sblock=Shadow Stats]

Shadow

AC: 19 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch) (-1 DEX from AC +1 NA bonus)
HP: 68/72
CMB: +12 CMD: 23 (27 vs Trip)
Fort: +9 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)

Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+10 1d8 + 15 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
One of the skum looks intently Perception (1d20+5-12=13) at the tower's entrance. It stands there, cocking its head and pondering. Another rock falls from the tower, crashing to the ground and pulling the creature back to its senses. Even though it has spotted blood splatter at the entrance, the area looks too dangerous to walk up and investigate the blood. Not saying anything to the others, he joins the rest of the search party as they head south, in the direction of where you had beached your boat.

The rest of the watch is uneventful and dawn breaks on a new day.

[sblock=Leveling!]Daylily leveled while he was sleeping. Dec 30th. Relic will by the time he studies his spell book for an hour. aka Jan 3rd. So, you can both level up your characters.

OOC: The skum rolled a nat 20, but the bloody rocks at the entrance was a good excuse to be what he found.[/sblock][sblock=Frost]While you were sleeping, your resistances to the warping effects of this island were down a bit. You finally succumbed to its effects. Your blood thickens and turns black, while your blood vessels
constrict (–2 penalty to Constitution, normal vision range is halved). Total result: 90' darkvision, 30' normal vision, -2 CON. Starting to feel like Relic! :heh:[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Once everyone has prepared for the day, Aradra informs them of what he saw last night. "Now, we can follow the patrol, and maybe find out where they came from. Or, we can go deal with invisible guy up top" Aradra says, nodding towards the upstairs. "I think this is a good place for us to rest while we explore this island. Also..."

Heading over towards the wizard, Aradra takes out a mistletoe leaf, and places it over the top of Relic's forehead. Taking out the gemmed rod again, Aradra cast a spell, causing both the rod and Relic to glow with the same dull green of the Anti poison yesterday. Standing back up Aradra says "That should help protect you against poisons for right some time. If we fight another one of those spider looking creatures, you should be safe from the poison. Also, Kalinn used to be able to give Shadow a spell that would increase his armor. Are you capable of the same?"

[sblock]
Cast Delay Poison on Relic. Lasts 10 hours due to extend rod.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Aradra Stats]

Aradra Longstrider

AC: 21 (15 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 78/78
CMB: +10 CMD: 22
Fort: +8 Reflex: +13 Will: +5

Initiative: +8

Current Weapon in Hand: Bow
Current Item in Right Hand Sheath: Wand of Abundent Ammo (46/50)
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim;Woodland Stride ;
Used Items: 4 charges of Abundent Ammo. 1 charge CLW, AntiVenom

Adaptation: 80/80 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth)
Level 1 Spells:Delay Poison, Gravity Bow
Level 2 Spells: Perceive Clues, Barkskin (+2)
Extend Rod: 2/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: AVAILABLE
[/sblock]
[sblock=Shadow Stats]

Shadow

AC: 19 (17 flat-footed, 11 touch) (-1 DEX from AC +1 NA bonus)
HP: 68/72
CMB: +12 CMD: 23 (27 vs Trip)
Fort: +9 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)

Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+10 1d8 + 15 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn wakes slowly after a difficult sleep, and sits up holding her head. "Oohhhh, Gods . . . what a headache! Did I drink that much last night? And was the rotgut bad enough to start me going blind? I can barely see across the room."

OOC: Is this CON Damage, or Drain?

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (13 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +10 CMD: 23
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 119/119
CMB: +12 CMD: 23
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 114/114
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
AC: 24 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +09 CMD: 21
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+8/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]They are permanent transformations until you can find a way to make them unpermanent. So, I think that would put them as Inherent modifiers. Remove Curse, Remove Disease, Dispel Magic and Restoration are not going to work. High majiks or module mcguffin will fix the problem near the end. If you abandoned the mission an went back to the mainland now, you would be an ugly lot and shunned. Well, anywhere outside that little inbred village.

Now that you are awake with a new day, which way? Upstairs is two mysteries. The northwest has the unexplored, regal building. There are a bunch of people to the north, over the cliff. The spiders at the great machine has had equal time to lick their wounds. The inverted pyramid hasn't been explored. The shimmery dome also hasn't revealed it's secrets. The broken tower, and then finally, there is the building you passed up when the door was locked.

Lots of choices. You are about a quarter of the way through the module. TXP has grown you past the module's expectations, so I will be bumping the critters up in power a bit. In less than three weeks, Iosef and Ardra level as well, leaving 9 9 8 7 7 for levels when this was for APL 6. But some, like the guard patrols, are just nuisance encounters at this point. As for pace, this is looking like another full year at least if you hit all the places to go. Some can be skipped, but many are chained where the sequence has to be completed.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic awakes itching and scratching himself like mad. He staggers to his feet and croaks (literally) "Hwaateerr! He struggles with his tattered robes, leaving them in the nest on top of his gear, and in moments the old man is standing as bare as the day his mother birthed him, which is quite an unpleasant sight in normal circumstances, but with the scales that cover his body it goes beyond ghastly. He hobbles to the corner where the mushrooms grow scratching and grumbling all the way and with a rather belligerent prayer he dumps a gallon of water over his head. "Aaahh! Thank the Wind and bless the Rain! I think I'm turning into a fish!" He shuffles back to his nest and gets dressed. He stuffs his face with an elementary breakfast from his supplies as he pulls out his book to study. He blinks a few times when Aradra lays a mistletoe leaf on his forehead.

"Yes, well thank you. I would return to the place the spider's attacked us, most certainly. I want to study the Orrey now that the poison has been flushed from my system. But I need to study my spells first. Perhaps you could cast your protective spell just before we leave, and I will use my wand to cast a spell on Shadow then as well."

Relic takes the time he needs to prepare his spells. He does not budge nor show any other signs of awareness of what is going on around him until that task is complete. When that is done he takes a careful look at the amulet they found the day before and attempts to identify it. If he fails he casts a spell to aid his unveiling of the item's powers.

[sblock=OOC] I have levelled up Relic; only thing missing is the correct XP total.

I am assuming since Relic has not yet studied his spells, when he does he can fill the new spell slots, right?

He uses Create Water to wet himself for the day. Iosef might want to ask Relic for a shower as well ;)

Relic will cast Detect Magic and try and identify the amulet again.
Invisible Castle hates me and won't let me log in or send me a new password.
Without the ENworld dice roller its probably simpler that you roll for me SK (Spellcraft +16)
If he fails he will cast Identify on it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Relic lvl 7]
Relic Nevyn
[sblock=Image]
180px-Willterrell_oldman.jpg
[/sblock]
(Lvl 7) Human Wizard 6/Oracle 1
HP: 52/52
AC: 14 Touch 14 FlatFooted 11
Initiative: +8; Temporal Celerity: Rolls initiative twice and can use either result
Fish Skin: -2 Cha; must get wet or staggered 1/day; +2 Escape Artist checks & CMD vs Grapple
Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +8
Wizards Spells: lvl 0: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound
Lvl 1: Shocking Grasp; Identify; Comprehend Languages; Magic Missile x2; Silent image
Lvl 2: Summon Monster II, Hideous Laughter, Invisibility; Flaming Sphere; Web
Level 3: Haste x2; Lightning Bolt; Gaseous Form
Bonded Ring:
Pearl of Power (lvl 1):
Pearl of Power (lvl 2):
Lightning Flash 7/7 uses left today
Oracles Orisons: Detect Poison, Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink
Oracles Spells: lvl 1: 3/3 uses left today
Wand of Mage Armor: (47/50) charges
Wand of CLW: (50/50) charges
Rod of Lesser Extend: 3/3 uses left today
Quarterstaff of Spellstoring: +4; 1d6+1 dmg Charged: Force Punch (5d4 force, 10ft knock back, DC 16).
Consumables: 4/4 CLW Potions; 7/8 trail rations
Scrolls prepared for Battle: Shield, Ray of Enfeeblement, Hypnotism, Moment of Greatness
Curse: Clouded Vision: Max Vision limit 30'; as Darkvision
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
"If it is not be time to kill the invisbility thing yet, we shoulds still open the other door." Earthbreaker in hand, he heads up the stairs.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Daylily_150.jpg

Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 18 (18 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 76/78
CMB: +11 CMD: 23
Fort: +9 Reflex: +4 Will: +4

-Raging-
AC: 16 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 90/92
CMB: +13 CMD: 25
Fort: +11 Reflex: +4 Will: +6

Perception: +14 [includes +2 mutation bonus]

Current Weapon in Hand: Earthbreaker (+12/+5, 2d6+13, 20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Lingering rage, PA/FF

Rage Remaining: 13/13

Used Items:
Rations, 1
CLW Wand, 14
Javelin, 2
Barbarian chew, 4
Sling bullet, 1[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases