[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

jbear

First Post
Hearing the raised voices from above Relic grabs his staff, hikes up his skirt and hustles up the stairs. "Speak of the devil... here I am. Probably not the best choice of words given the circumstances. Relic points his thumb upwards meaningfully. He rustles his long fingers about inside his component pouch and pulls out a piece of gauze that begins to smoke when pressed between his fingers. "Before we go opening any doors I think I should take a look to see what is on the other side. I'd hate to get into a fight needlessly with what I am sure will be a busy day ahead of us." He chuckles. "I haven't done this spell in many many years. It seems the old brain is beginning to unfuddle. And not a moment to soon... De corpo e carne ad humat!"

Relic's body begins to lose its form, becoming like the smoke that rises from the gauze. Knowing he has little time to waste Relic slips beneath the crack between the door and the floor and enters the mysterious room beyond.

[sblock=Actions] Relic casts Gaseous Form on himself (though Relic should take a look as he has the knowledge skills to understand what it is he is seeing) and tries to enter the room beyond by going through the crack under the door.

Spell duration: 12 minutes
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kalinn rises slowly, plainly not taking the physical effects of being on the gods forsaken island well. However, as the others rise and prepare for the day, she resolves herself to the job and starts to move with purpose. She makes her way upstairs just behind Relic and watches with interest as he becomes gaseous and slides under the door.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
Initiative: +03
AC: 25 (13 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
HP: 92/92
CMB: +10 CMD: 23
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
AC: 23 (11 Touch, 20 Flat-Footed)
HP: 119/119
CMB: +12 CMD: 23
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 114/114
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 24 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +09 CMD: 21
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+8/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Relic slips through the crack at the top of the door, as it is a bit larger than the one at the bottom, and a bit less dusty. Once he is inside, the party waits anxiously, listening to silence.
More silence.
And even more.

The silence is broken with an instant tirade of curses in half a dozen languages that makes even Daylily blush. "And I chose to stay downstairs in that filth!" Clicks and clatters can be heard from the backside of the lock. "Just a minute. Damn gnomes!" More clicks and clattering is heard before Relic finds the correct combination. "How did they... ah mage hand. That would have worked." Once he opens the door, he looks at the outside. "Yep, complete fake out here."

Relic swings opens both bronze doors to the study and bed chamber of the previous owner of this tower. From the looks, a wealthy wizard owned this tower. The canopy bed, while untested so far, looks like the most luxurious you have ever seen. Books and scrolls are piled on the study table have been undisturbed for ages. A glass box sits on the desk and slowly shifts colors. In aklo, an inscription reads, "For your journey, with love, Esmarilla" When touched, the case becomes clear to show a book, bookmark and bookplate.

"Armory that way, the kitchen is behind the other door."

[sblock=ooc]I had it all drawn up and waiting for you, and you chose to sleep with the corpses and dino doo doo! The lock is a four tumbler slide lock puzzle. With mage hand and practice, one could blindly slide the latches to the correct order to unlock the door. The outside lock is a simple looking fake that at one time probably was magically trapped as well.

Assuming a take 20 search: Relic now has a +21 Spellcraft and made all the identify rolls easily.
Two spell books, I will work out the spell contents later. Running a PFS game tonight.
8 scrolls, later
Glass case, Contains a brand new Blessed Book, Bookplate of Recall, Bookmark of Deception (15,000)

The rest of the magic items I have to work out later. I made an interesting list, and went 50k over current budget with it. So, I have to try again later. PM me any desired items that might have shown up in a mage/magus' type abode. my mailbox it sitting at 17/20 at the moment.
[/sblock][sblock=map]
tower12.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic then hustles down stairs, almost with a youthfully quick step. At the bottom he pokes his stick at Iosef. "Wake up! You may want to see this." He quickly regathers his gear and heads back up stairs, taking them two by two. He arrives back at the door to find his companions already exploring the room and makes his way straight for the study table. He leans his staff on the wall nearby and delves into his pack to retrieve his own books, scrolls, pens and ink, arranging them neatly like a scholar's new apprentice who has just received his first set of stationary before his first day of school. Smoothing the the cover of the magnificent book laid on the desk he says quietly "Thank you Esmarilla ..." Relic raises a bushy eyebrow and calls out to his companions. "The wizard of this tower ... it is likely the amulet that Daylilly found inside the belly of the beast. Which means he won't be missing anything we find here. Nor will he mind if we sleep in his comfortable bed while we remain in this place."After getting that rogue thought off his chest he begins to carefully look through the writings in an attempt to discover anything pertaining to what creature exactly is bound upstairs and why.

[sblock=OOC] So Relic should write his name in the Bookplate of Recall; then he can summon the book to himself 1/day?

Question: As I have learnt Aklo, can I change Comprehend languages as one of Relic's memorised spells to something else? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
"Gyah!" Daylily says, the disgust evident on his face. "Looking at this! This is much soft. How does anyone sleeping on this?" He pokes at a pillow, leaving a smear of dried lizard blood and ... whatever else he's gotten into lately. Yeurgh.

rb780nm

First Post
Iosef looks at the comfortable surroundings and tries to hide his expression as he stretches the stiff muscles of his back. "These are finer than I am used to, but there is something to be said for taking the weight off one's abused muscles and bones. If we spend another night here, you should try it - we may make a city boy out of you yet," the Paladin awkwardly tries to interact with the wild elf.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Tiefling gazes around the room with mild interest. She'd heard of people living in this sort of . . . luxury . . . but much like the elf, she just can't see herself resting well there. She snickers at Iosef's jibe.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Kalinn Ari

Standard Block
AC: 25 (13 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +10 CMD: 23
Fort: +08 Reflex: +06 Will: +06

Rage Block
HP: 119/119
CMB: +12 CMD: 23
Fort: +11 Reflex: +06 Will: +08

Rage Block (Hafísbíta in Hand)
Initiative: +3
HP: 114/114
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +10 Reflex: +05 Will: +07

Fatigue Block
Initiative: +2
AC: 24 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-Footed)
CMB: +09 CMD: 21
Fort: +08 Reflex: +05 Will: +06

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +10, Sense Motive: +0

Special: Rage (Remaining Rounds: 10/10)
Special: Spirit Totem (+8/1d4+2)
Special: Claws (Remaining Rounds: 05/05)
Special: Boon: Shield (Remaining Points: 10/10)
Special: Boon: Healing Surge

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Spells Available (Cantrips: Unlimited, 1st Level: 7/7 per Day, 2nd Level: 4/4 per Day)
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Jolt, Haunted Fey Aspect, Mending, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Ear Piercing Scream, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Shield
2nd Level: Frigid Touch, Protection from Evil (Communal)
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
The soldier shakes his head at the fine sleeping area. Used to sleeping outside in the weather, the luxury was too much for him.

Aradra heads over to the armory, curious as to what this wizard had that would be useful in there current predicament.

Systole

First Post
Daylily shrugs at Iosef. "I am not think I will becomings mans of the city. I means, the cats ... yes, your cats are very tasties, but the rest of it ... it makes me to missing Jirago."

Satin Knights

First Post
In his poking around, Daylily finds a heavy leather belt, decorated with pictures of grumpy cows, galloping across a field of grain. While he stares at it, the picture is still, but each time he looks away and then back, their feet seem to have changed positions. Even the heads, with their tusky noses, seem to be bobbing.

{{Caged! Caged she is. This is a duty the paladin must do alone... in there.}}

With the screech of steel, Kalinn draws Hafísbíta and points to the northern room, "Iosef, in there. ..... Alone." in a deadpan, ominous tone that makes your spine shiver.

Standing up straight and gathering his composure, Iosef interrupts Aradra's trip to into the armory, as Relic referred to it, and goes in alone. Hanging on the wall is a long object covered with heavy black felt. A heavy compulsion pulls at Iosef's soul, wanting him to pull away the covering and reveal what has long been hidden from the world...

[sblock=ooc]Daylily finds a Belt of Thunderous Charging. Iosef is about to find something worthy. @rb780nm You got center stage. :uhoh: Aradra and Frost are going to have to wait a little longer to find new toys.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases