[LPF] The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

rb780nm

First Post
"Lady Cortesia, guard your unwary servant as he does something that is probably very, very, foolish..." The Paladin raises his holy symbol as if to ward off evil and uses his free hand to pull away the covering shroud.

Satin Knights

First Post
The felt cloth falls to the floor, revealing the flair of a heavenly glow before it subsides to a soft gentle light. But this glow is surrounded, by a cage. A wooden cage that writhes with black tentacles of energy that contain and bind its occupant. The occupant can more aptly be described as a longsword, bearing holy scriptures along the blade and the dual faced iconography of Cortesia in the days of old. The cage and sword seem to be in an eternal battle of opposing energies.

Systole

First Post
Daylily sniffs at the belt, and finding the smell not offensive to him, buckles it on. "It is nots the loin clothing I wants, but it is not much bads. Still, you civilizeds people should learn to being better artist. These painted cow, their horn is on the nose, not on the heads. Even I can painting better than that."

Watching Iosef head into the armory, Daylily throws his hands up. "Oh, coming the on! So it is okays if the Sunchild goes to wander and make play with scary magic, but when the Jiragan is want to kill a wicked invisibility thing, everyone say 'No, no, no! Do not kill the wicked invisibility thing! Maybe it is not being safe to kill the wicked invisibility thing! Maybe it bites us in bad place!' Pfaugh! What do you think I am have a hammer for? So I can make crack tree-nuts or somethings? No, it is for smack wicked invisibility thing!"

jbear

First Post
Relic blanches when he hears Daylily's protest and almost falls off his chair. "What, who, what where, when?" Relic's very cursory search and assumption of a mundane armoury was obviously seriously wrong. He grabs his staff and shuffles behind Daylily, peering over his shoulder to try and see what is going on, expecting to see Iosef's legs poking out of the mouth of a hungry demon or such like.

jackslate45

First Post
"I would point out, Daylily, that your friend was poisoned and weakened at the time, and could have died fron a single touch." Aradra says, trying very hard to keep his tone level. "And then what? Relic is the only one skilled enough to figure out that magic contraption were he got poisoned. If he was dead, what do we do?"

Systole

First Post
Daylily shrugs. "Elder Storyteller is more tougher than you thinks," he says, slapping the wizard on the back. "And if the spirits is call him to the earth before he is make fix the magics, then ..." He pats his hammer meaningfully. "Then I can make fix the magics in my way."

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Iosef]Well, the holy symbol on the sword has of two faces. Cortesia's holy symbols used to have two faces before the scism. (rolled low there) The wooden cage looks kind of fragile. But, when you bring anything non-living near it, it is stopped 4" away, like it was inside a force field. The cage seems to be coursing with unholy and necromantic energy. Touching it is going to hurt, probably a lot. The good energy of the sword seems to be almost balancing the evil energy of the cage, but not quite.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
"I really should have paid more attention to history," the Paladin mutters as he reaches through the bars of the cage to grasp the sword.

ooc: attempting to grasp the hilt without touching the bars.

Satin Knights

First Post
The cage is too tight and fine to be able to stick his hand and wrist through to retrieve the blade, or to slide the blade out by any means. Testing anyways, he tries to carefully stick a finger through to simply touch the blade. Not used to delicate work, Iosef is shocked with unholy energy (5) but musters through the sickening feeling. Retrieving the blade is going to require disabling or destroying the cage some how.

Remove ads