D&D 3.5 Reprints in September?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Ok, I'm officially excited, whether those books are 3.5 reprints or a veiled release of 5e I'm in!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You can roughly estimate demand for reprints of an old product by aftermarket prices. Seeing as the 3.5 PHB does very well on the aftermarket (read: sells for big bucks) - way better in comparison to any other edition - it makes sense to do a limited-edition reprint.

It makes far more sense than releasing 5e with only 4 months of open playtesting. Really not enough time to accomplish anything at all.

Not that WotC always makes sense, but I would bet on the former.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
It makes far more sense than releasing 5e with only 4 months of open playtesting. Really not enough time to accomplish anything at all.

Are there many games besides D&D and Pathfinder that have conducted open playtests as long or longer? I can't think of any, off the top of my head. I agree that an open playtest should be longer than 4 months (assuming that's as long as it will be; I'm inclined to think it will be longer), but I don't think it will accomplish nothing for it to be four months.

By the way, are the products linked to gone for everyone else? They're not there when I click the links.

DMKastmaria

First Post
You can roughly estimate demand for reprints of an old product by aftermarket prices. Seeing as the 3.5 PHB does very well on the aftermarket (read: sells for big bucks) - way better in comparison to any other edition - it makes sense to do a limited-edition reprint.

The 3.5 PH averaged roughly $35 last week on ebay. Maybe 15 listings? I sold a set of all three core a couple of weeks ago, for $75, which is on the low end of average.

I've been keeping an eye on the 3.5 aftermarket for about a year now. It's rocking!

ggroy

First Post
The "Provolone" link is now non-working. Looks like whatever the mistake was, B&N corrected it.

The two original links in the OP to B&N for the "3.5E" books don't work anymore either.

Doing a search for WotC titles on B&N, these three titles don't show up at all anymore.

Remove ads