D&D 3.5 Reprints in September?

Trance-Zg

First Post
I would buy it if they were compilation books.

That is

1st book:
PHB with all 3,5 (official, rebalanced) classes with alternate class features included in it and ALL 3,5(official, rebalanced feats). no spells.

2nd book: DMG, with DMG 2 included and stronghold build book.

3rd book: spell compendium with all 3,5 spells included(no spells in PHB).

4th book: complete compendium of official 3,5 prestige classes(promg DMG, PHB2, complete series, etc...).

that is all...

Warunsun

First Post
I agree with this, Pathfinder and even the later 3.5 is too different, not bad just different.
Indeed. I agree wholehearted that the core of v3.5 was amazing and playable. Everyone enjoys a few expansion books. But my later issues with v3.5 are that it had far too many expansion books and just like in the later half of Second Edition things started to get screwy.

My group eventually switched to Fourth Edition (it had been out for over a year when we did switch) largely to get free of the many crazy ideas presented in some of the later expansion books for v3.5. It was actually quite refreshing to play 4E in that the material was much more scarce and more controlled. Overall which edition was better? I am not sure. I did really enjoy the early Third Edition era but I also like the simplicity of fourth edition combat rules compared to what was available by the end of v3.5.

I hope that fifth edition will have less books than v3.5 and keep the basic combat rules very simple. It is a big desire of mine to see the 7 main races and 12 or so main classes supported fully from the start with less "cool bonus rules of the month" crap. Expansion books later on could add new classes and races and hopefully don't completely rewrite the content of the Player's Handbook like was done in both v3.5 and 4E.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Ummm...yeah... <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->@fizagul44 <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->...what SkidAce said.

They're available here.

Edit: Damnit! [MENTION=7706]SkidAce[/MENTION] and I fell for a Spambot!:blush: Crap!

<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->fizagul44<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5907393", true); </SCRIPT>
has no status.

reputation_pos.gif
Novice (Lvl 1)

Spambot Reported.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases