[Adventure]: Turning the Tide (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
"Oh, me knew a Butcha. He lives down the street! Sells meat. I like him, he cut meat all the time. Like Kruor, me cut people all the time." Kruor's maw hangs loosely, as though he were grinning.

The cleric looks up at Kruor. Right...where you are going, someone of your skill set might be useful.

ooc: Let's get moving. We can do this with four.

To everyone... Come, we're waisting time. We can't wait anymore. The cleric leads them to the corner of the room and opens a trap door which leads to stairs going down. Go down here and follow the path. it will come to a T section. Turn to the left and follow the passage. You'll follow that until you get to another set of stairs going up to into a dense forest area. There is a small foot path which moves farther west to the mouth of a cave. Go into the cave and follow the path to the back of the cave. it is here that you'll be able to acces a secret door that leads to the portal. I've know about this route for years and only use it when I need to get people out of Daunton unseen. If the black dragon gets news of this he or his minions will kill you on the spot. You are no match for them...but you can greatly weakend his forces so that others can fight him.

As the group moves down the steps the into the passageway the cleric gives his parting thoughts. It's...been a while since I've used this passageway. Please be careful and keep an eye out. There is no telling what might be in there. Good luck...Oh...one more thing. He opens his cloak and takes out a belt filled with contains. Here is my oiler belt. Use the potions to cure you if you need it. Please give it back when you come back. Oh!...I almost forgot! Here is the sack of explosive.

The cleric goes through the instructions of setting and detonating the explosives, then bids you farwell.

As the party reaches the T-section the party hears noises to the left.

[sblock=oiler belt]
6 healing potions
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Eva looks nervous as Kruor protests. She opens her mouth to respond, but then thinks better of it and remains silent.
There was not time to rejoice for the successful mission however, for the great beast arrived to claim his sacrifice himself. The party escaped the dragon only to hear behind them the dragon vow vengeance, claiming that he himself would return to Daunton himself with his horde and destroy the city of Daunton.

"What a spiteful dragon!" exclaims Eva. "Not at all like the Great Bronze of Kythiran legend. I hope we don't run into him."

OOC: No questions at this time...

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Is the tunnel lit or dark? And if lit, how far down does the tunnel go in the direction we hear sounds? (I'm assuming if it's lit it goes down some then turns and the sounds are around the corner. If it's dark, that may not be true of course.)

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Is the tunnel lit or dark? And if lit, how far down does the tunnel go in the direction we hear sounds? (I'm assuming if it's lit it goes down some then turns and the sounds are around the corner. If it's dark, that may not be true of course.)

The tunnel contains a strange glowing moss that illuminates the walls. There is not enough light to see clearly, but enough to see obstructions near you. The noise comes from the left of the T-section. A peak around the corner reveals nothing. You gather that the noise echoes along the length of the tunnel. A torch light

[sblock=perception 15]
You hear squeaks and scurrying feat of small animals

[sblock=perception 20]
There are more than sounds you hear, one of them a deeper
voice than the others
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
ooc: Sorry i'm rushing this...Out of the pot and into the frying pan :) Please let me know who wishes to hold the belt and who contains the explosive an dcharges.

treex

First Post
Kruor takes the lead and sets a decent pace in front of the other three. Despite his best efforts to remain quiet, his new suit seems to be limiting a lot of his movement.

[sblock=Rolls]Stealth 13, Perception 9[/sblock]

OOC: Well, I'm off to a bad start >:[ But anyway, Kruor will take the front. He's very hardy. Regen2 while bloodied, at-will gives 4 temp HP, Warforged racial power and he heals to full after an encounter.

Also, Kruor will never spend his surges. So he won't be carrying any of the potions, you guys can have all six. I see we don't have a leader, but I'll try to keep everyone alive.
[MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]: Roll call.

VanderLegion

First Post
Graven follows Kruor, managing to remain a bit quieter than the robot. After a short distance he puts a hand on his companions shoulder and motions for the group to stop moving. As they stop, he waves a hand and the sound of the group continues moving down the corridor.[sblock="ooc"]Rolls: perception/stealth - 1d20=2/1d20=17.

Completely failed the perception so dunno what's there, but since we heard some kind of sounds, I'll go ahead and use Ghost Sound to send the sounds of the group further down the corridor to hopefully draw out anything that might be unwelcoming to our presense.

We should be set for defenders between Kruor and I, thats for sure. I don't have quite as high defenses or the regen, but I can get 5-10 temp hp every turn that I hit with Booming Blade, and my mark lets me reduce damage done to any ally by the target by 9 points if I'm not also a target. Plus the warforged resolve same as Kruor.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
"Watch where you step," Eva whispers to the warforgeds in front of her. "The last tunnel I was in had this slimy, see-through ooze in it. You wouldn't want to step in one.

[sblock=ooc / roll]Group Awareness: Non-elf allies gain a +1 racial bonus to perception while within 5 squares of Eva.

Perception: 11. (1d20+8=11)[/sblock][sblock=Eva stat block]PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 3
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:17, Will:15 -- Speed:7
HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Phantasmal Assault, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Color Spray, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Shield, Spook
Summon Dretch

[sblock=spellbook]Encounter (2): Color Spray (3), Cordon of Bones (3), Darkening Flame (1), Ray of Enfeeblement (1)
Daily (1): Spirit Rend (1), Summon Dretch (1)
Utility (1): Shield (2), Summon Shadow Serpent (2)[/sblock]Notes: +2 damage rolls vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
Ignus clearly has the ability to be almost invisible while being tipsy in a dark tunnel, however, him constantly humming drunken sailor songs seems to be distracting his party from hearing anything coming.

Stealth; Perception (1d20+13=31, 1d20+2=3)

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for being late, I'm in the process of moving for a new job and don't have reliable internet for a few more days. If I'm holding the game up feel free to DM-PC me for a bit. That being said, I'll try to check it at least once every couple days.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: [MENTION=30079]Rapida[/MENTION] no problem. thanks for letting me know

As the party moves closer, all sounds of animal communication stop. However the sounds of rapidly moving feet/paws intensifies. They are only you before you know it.

OOC:
1. I'll assume that everyone had weapons drawn. Combat works like this. I'll role initiative roll for monsters. Characters roll initiative rolls. If your roll is higher, go ahead and attack. Any character who has a lower roll gets to attack after the baddies attack.

2. My maptool is google docs spreadsheet.
Advantages: everyone has access to the map and can move their characters when a movement is done. HP will be posted on each monster. You can subtract the HP from the monster if your attack hits. I'll do a final math calculation after each time the baddies attack to make sure the math is correct.
Disadvantage: It's ugly. It's my fault I'm not good at making maps like H.M.Gimlord, R1 or Tenchuu.
Good news: Combat goes quickly :)

ooc: Map pending. Give me a day to get the map ready. in the mean time go ahead a roll initiative. Monster initiative is 19 Ouch! :)
Odds are most of you are going to be caught by surprise.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases