How the D&D Next Public Playtests Will Work

Gaming Tonic

First Post
Pre-gens is a great way to narrow down all the feedback into something manageable for the development team to make sense of. I think that the fans may have to really keep in mind that they are seeing a pretty raw product that is likely to change and has already from its original rules. That is the beauty of the modular system. Once a core set of rules are nailed down it will allow for quick additions of rules that groups and DMs prefer to use in their game. It also allows for you to not use them. I have enjoyed the game so far and I am glad the playtest is being opened up but hope that we work on building a great game with positive feedback and not bashing each other, the designers, or WotC.

Aehrlon

First Post
I'm among the throng of EN members who are looking forward to this playtest. Since I'm a walking D&D Encyclopedia (1E - 3.5 anyway) I hope to be able to provide good AND meaningful (& insightful) feedback. It is my hope that we can make this new version of our beloved game better with our input. Pregens are OK; I hope they at least let us see what some of the options proposed for them will be...

Last edited:

prosfilaes

Adventurer
Getting feedback on how the broader public feels about the very core is important. Private and in-house stuff may get you "does this work as intended", but it will generally miss, "does the audience really like how it works".

Historically, that was the New Coke problem. New Coke did taste better then Coke Classic, but they never asked anyone "how do you feel if we replaced Coke with New Coke?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases