[Proposal] Non-Lethal Combat Arena

Satin Knights

First Post
That is why I wrote into the old proposal idea of a dueling badge. If you didn't have one displayed, you could say "Bugger off and leave me alone unless you want to deal with the White Cloaks." You had to pay 50 gp and wear the badge in public if you were interested in getting into squabbles. Saying "leave me alone" costs nothing.

Satin Knights

First Post
As the Judge for the 'Toad in the Hole' game

As to the current squabble, jbear made an intentionally obnoxious character in Maui. I haven't seen the "player's view" of if he is enjoying the squabble or not. I think he is.

DalkonCledwin made an intentionally pretentious priss that is constantly teasing with "Well, in my culture, we do it this way..." He is spending enough time responding that he must be enjoying it.

Systole is getting peeved that you won't bury the squabble already. You ignored the direct scolding of your employer. Well, guess what. If you are annoying the person paying you, you may not get paid as much. And actually Varga is middle management. She only gets a little input on that decision. But the big guy is probably looking at things and laughing. If they don't get the job done, they don't get paid. If they kill off each other, he only has to pay out three shares instead of five. The business man that he is considers that a win. So, either way, he gets what he wants, or he pays someone else to do it tomorrow.

I thought it was a good read.

It is no where near the cat fights that PM and I have had. Not even close. After our fourth, or was it fifth fight, we have come to an understanding that his girl is going to intentionally screw up to annoy my guy, and my guy is going to marginalize and ignore her until she is able to consistently out do him in battle against an enemy. He literally rescued her from bloody skeletons that found her so distasteful, they refuse killing her to incorporate her into their ranks. They left her behind to get rescued.
He will always treat her as a junior. She will always be annoying and wanting attention. Understanding achieved.

*So, jbear, if you are not having fun, announce it here.
*So, DC, if you are not having fun, announce it here.
*Systole, assume your players will do weird shlt. Roll with it a bit, Relax and penalize them when they don't take hints. They have had their warning. If they disobey it, the ending treasure split is fair to put on the chopping block.
*Artur/Marcus, egg them on and you might get more than kissed. :p

As soon as anyone sends up the flag of "no joy", everybody cut it out. I am not sure, but I think Systole has that flag at 3/4 staff and rising. If anyone persists after that, they get booted from the game, lose their TXP and TGP and get sent to the Grand Stables of Venza to clean stalls at the east end with the trogs for a month.

As soon as someone calls "no joy", arguments of "my character would do things this way" are officially null and void. Change or leave.

In other words, boil it down. To all the players in the game, register either, "I am having fun", "tone it down" or "no joy".

So sayeth the game judge,
-SK, aka the vicious bastard.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I will say here that in many ways I was enjoying the role playing that was going on. However that said I will acknowledge that the GM Fiat takes precedence. With that in mind, Jbear and I have been communicating via private message, and I think he and I are working towards an understanding that will allow the two of us to resolve this situation in a matter that is mutually beneficial to all of the interested parties.

i.e. the two of us have agreed to give our respective characters a "chill pill" so to speak.

Caim

First Post
Being the first to say 'Please tone it down.' I would like to point out again that it was brought up because it felt like it was getting personal. The comments were 'Maybe X should relax' and the reply to that comment was basically 'Maybe you should relax'. That was the posts I thought that you guys were getting annoyed IRL. You two are very very VERY stubborn! But both of you RP your characters well and you guess know what I have to say about it so I'll leave it at that.

Oh and DC...your welcome for the laughs...*cough* xp *cough*

GlassEye

Adventurer
This is a clear NO for me. I don't think PVP is the way to solve differences.

I think there might be room for bloodsport or dueling in certain locations under certain circumstances but not between characters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases