NPC Discussion Thread

Systole

First Post
I think you have the honor of that, good sir.

You know, I didn't have a first name for Geralt Franco until I put him in the wiki as Signor Franco and had a My God What Have I Done moment (Warning: tvtropes link). So I pulled the name Geralt out of nowhere, or so I thought. About two days later, I realized it was the name of the main character of The Witcher.

Oh ... my ... God. I just had an epiphany. Holy hell .... that's hilarious now that I really think about it.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Glad to see those NPCs there! Thanks, sunshadow!

In general, I would agree that avoiding using titles in any character's name as the page name is a good idea. May not apply to NPCs so much but it's also a good idea to avoid beginning page names with articles (a, an, the). And I notice we have two factions 'House Boraga' and 'House Moretti'. Suggestions on improving the naming of these two? Perhaps follow sunshadow's convention and append 'family', e.g. Boraga family? Switch order, e.g. Boraga, House or just leave it off entirely? None of those sound quite right to my ear.:erm:

sunshadow21

Explorer
I just did a big NPC dump on wiki. Just need to add a few places, and I should be caught up from all of my adventures. Hadn't realized just how many little random NPCs popped up over time until I added them all up. Hope everyone enjoys and can make some use out of them.

sunshadow21

Explorer
While not technically NPCs, this is the best place I could find to put this. I have updated the Silver Road entry, and added entries for the Broken Log, Poisson, and the Barony of the Lost Hills. They are all sititing in the Work in Progess category because I didn't know where else to put them. They are alll ready to be moved to more permanent categories, however. I also updated the Tritower entry with a few more details.

sunshadow21

Explorer
[FONT=&quot]I'll get the wiki pages made later this week, but I'm posting this so SK can figure out where he wants to organize them when they get made, and to see if anyone has better suggestions for the some of the names.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New Npcs/Locations:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Venzan Academica Magica[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Sitting at the center of the District of Learning (feel free to suggest a different name; it's the best I can think of at the moment), so named for the high concentration of schools, museums, tutors, and other forms of scholarly study and learning, the Academica is almost as old as human settlement in the city, and it's good sized campus forms the heart of the district. It is one of the elite magical schools of this continent, and students come from all over to study here, many spending most of their lives here in pursuit of ever more knowledge and learning. Known for several notable reasons, the biggest one is the Reality Machine(again, feel free to suggest a better name), an impressive and unique device that has its own department and building. This machine combines all of the different disciplines to create a virtual representation of reality. While others have long tried to copy it, only a handful have successfully managed to understand the basic theory of its operation, and no one has ever produced a known working model of any scale.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dr. Thaddeus Roustabout[/FONT] [FONT=&quot], male gnome illusionist, and one of the tenured professors in the Department of the Machine, charged with the maintenance and ongoing development of the Reality Machine.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dr. Moritimus Runehouse[/FONT] [FONT=&quot], male dwarven abjurationist, and one of the tenured professors in the Department of the Machine, charged with the maintenance and ongoing development of the Reality Machine.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dr. Fhanys Catslove[/FONT] [FONT=&quot], female elven conjurer, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and one of the tenured professors in the Department of the Machine, charged with the maintenance and ongoing development of the Reality Machine.[/FONT]

GlassEye

Adventurer
'Academica Magica' seems ideally suited for Bayanmaliit rather than a separate district predominantly of schools, (most of which would be scattered throughout the city anyway...).

sunshadow21

Explorer
Seems reasonable enough to me. I wasn't the one who built Venza, so I didn't know the best place to put it. Hence, getting input before putting it on the wiki.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases