[Proposal] Player Character Living Space Threads

GlassEye

Adventurer
I would like to see other people weigh in on this topic and maybe get some more votes for or against so we can put this to rest one way or the other instead of allowing it to languish unresolved.

Satin Knights

First Post
I'll slide my vote on other sites from unsure to YES.

I have figured out the logistics of the Adventures page. Are we going to place these threads in the old social groups subforum we had that was converted to a campaign or in the standard games thread forum?

Reusing the campaign space makes less clutter, can be edited by the LPF judge account for moderation issues, but has a slightly different post layout feel. I assume the campaign space will improve its interface over time.

IronWolf

blank
I think the personal threads are fine. Just please keep in mind this is supposed to be a social game and try not to abandon the DWI completely. New people will likely be much less inclined to begin their foray into LPF by stepping into someone's personal thread in my opinion. That is likely my largest concern that too much of our between session roleplay will disappear into "personal" threads.

Are we going to place these threads in the old social groups subforum we had that was converted to a campaign or in the standard games thread forum?

Reusing the campaign space makes less clutter, can be edited by the LPF judge account for moderation issues, but has a slightly different post layout feel. I assume the campaign space will improve its interface over time.

Eh - I disliked the social groups and I haven't seen much with the campaign space to make me change my mind. I don't think I would make the assumption the space will improve over time.

However, I doubt I will take advantage of the personal threads very often, so if the others that are really wanting personal threads think that area will work for them, then that is fine. I doubt I see much time there unless I am summoned for a judge responsibility. (this is not a "slam" on personal threads, but the social groups and now campaign manager have just never made it into my EN World routine and even when LPF lived there is was still forced to go there. My habits seem quite difficult to change in that regard)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Had a lot of reading to do this past couple of days - and since this is one of the shorter threads I would like to add two coppers.

I think that RPing outside the DWI among friends is a great idea. Along with having a place to call home, hang your minotaur head over the mantle and talk of deeds past.

Maybe each player should start their own Campaign Manager for all their LPF characters and thus have a place to not only further develop the characters RP wise but also a build area for crunch, a links thread for something they wanted to remember from a game long gone (for me that would be names of NPCs and places).

Starting it themselves allows them the privacy advantage to allow only those they wish to come in an RP and they can moderate it themselves.

It should be said ahead of time that anything that happens outside the LPF forum is for fluff and character building, but that should go without saying (I'm just saying).

And they could even have a section for games they are DMing. The Campaign Manager sounds like a good way to go since the LPF is the ultimate campaign.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I think the personal threads are fine. Just please keep in mind this is supposed to be a social game and try not to abandon the DWI completely. New people will likely be much less inclined to begin their foray into LPF by stepping into someone's personal thread in my opinion. That is likely my largest concern that too much of our between session roleplay will disappear into "personal" threads.

This.

jkason

First Post
On vacation: YES
Etiquette: YES
Limit: YES
Other sites: YES
Servants: YES

I had voted yes on the original, but in case it's necessary, I'll add another YES for the above delineated version.

As to placement, I'm not keen on individual campaigns for each player. Etiquette covers restricting who posts (you get to ask people to leave / invite them in the door), but I do think there should be at least a little visibility to it. Honestly, if you need to restrict who reads your at-home thread, I think you're probably moving past the Living World paradigm, in my opinion.

As to placement, I don't know that I think it hurts anything to post them in Playing the Game; so long as they're 'in character,' that seems to meet the standard for that forum. If we think we might be accused of 'clogging things up,' then the campaign manager / old social group seems a decent alternative. At home RP definitely strikes me as something you don't need to keep as close track of, anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases