[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
The Captain's frown softens.

"Aha! Drown your paranoia Lah'nun! There is nothing luckier than makin' a sea crossing with one of the Water Folk aboard the ship. Nothin' except if he is Lah'nun and is welcomed as a friend! The Count must really want this boat to arrive safely for him to do whatever he had to do to get one of yer people to agree to accompany us!"

A grin breaks his face once more. "And as for pirates ... don't fret. I know a few. " He winks and adds: "Well, whatever yer name is Lah'nun, welcome aboard the Dolphin. Make yerself at home."

He hurries off to get the boat ready for departure.

Daeja

Explorer
Satisfied that the other members of the party will at least try to get any extra information possible from Lady Mary, Zuri heads off to make a quick purchase.

[sblock="Zuri's Purchase"]Zuri would like to buy 1 potion of healing, but because she doesn't want the others to think this is a vote of non-confidence, she does this as sneakily as possible (stealth? Not really the direct application, so let me know?), stowing the potion immediately in her belt pouch before heading for the assigned meeting spot[/sblock]

Once at the ship, she stands awkwardly off to the side, waiting for some sign of what to do next. Her experience with boats is limited, and while she's actually quite looking forward to the boat ride, she's determined not to let her enthusiasm show...too much. She doesn't quite manage to keep her smile under control.

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Wat's Gift]Wat finds the perfect gift for Lady Mary who incidentally he knows as Marie. Only a small difference in name but he is fairly sure she called herself Marie and not Mary. He is also fairly certain that she would very much mock the notion of being called a lady.

I'll leave it up to you to decide what that gift is. Whatever you decide hits bang on the bullseye. It costs 10 gp. [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Zuri slips quietly away from the group who are focused on their own dealings in any case. She knows exactly where to go to get what she is looking for without fuss. A short time later she is standing at the pier staring at the Singing Dolphin with a giddy smile.

Lady Mary sees Zuri standing looking at the boat awkwardly. She approaches smiling.

"Don't be shy dear. They are expecting you. The sooner you leave ..."

She looks up towards the deck where the captain is still showing Themes about and sharing his rum. "... the better."

treex

First Post
"Oh, yes. Me name. Had me flustered there for a moment. Themes." he replied thickly. "Err, Themes Swiftriver. Now, traditionally all Lah'nun have two syllables to thar' name but me mumsies wanted something more modern. Named me after a fictional river or some such. Bah, always got me teased when we had our family gatherings."

"But ahoy and ahead! Now, lemme intrer'duce you to me maties. That quiet looking lass ova' thar' is Zuri, and that sickly looking one in the black armor..."

After introducing the members to the Captain, Themes couldn't help but notice Zuri, standing by the boat, a smile planted firmly on her face.

"Oy, Zuri! Don't just stand there, get on board. You eva' bin on a boat?"

Themes offers Zuri his hand. "No, I won't do the "buttah-fingahs" trick again." he says with a grin.

[sblock=Wat's Gift]Can it be a pet? :D Give her a necklace with like, a magical sunrock! Or moonrock! It only shines during the night. Oh, the possibilities.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat is walking back toward the Singing Dolphin, unsure what else to buy why he spots an old woman selling jewelry made of polished rock. The wares were common enough that he probably would not have given them a second thought until he remembered...

One night he and Marie had, under cover of darkness, discretely sneaked into the old temple. It was a hypaethral design, which made it perfect for lying on the cool stone on a summer night while gazing at the night sky.

He remembered Marie gazing at the moon, talking about Arcadia, the realm of her ancestors. How she longed to see the majestic realm of the fey and dance in the glades by light of the moon...

Wat quickly snatched up the silver bracelet with a small moonstone set into the center and payed the old lady the 100 pieces of silver she asked for it before heading back the ship with a spring in his step.

Returning the the Singing Dolphin, Wat spies Marie waiting by the pier. He walks up to her, taking a moment to notice the way her hair sparkles in the sunlight. He approaches Marie and takes her hands, slipping the bracelet over her wrist. He leans over a whispers into her ear. "Until you find Arcadia."

Daeja

Explorer
Themes offers Zuri his hand. "No, I won't do the "buttah-fingahs" trick again." he says with a grin.

Zuri tentatively took Themes' hand in hers, thanking him for the assistance as she climbed into the boat. It took but a moment to get used to the swaying rhythm of the vessel as it rode the waves alongside the dock. Reassured that she wasn't going to do anything so embarrassing as falling over, Zuri said, "I'd like to take a look the Dolphin, as long as I wouldn't be getting in the way?".

Neil1889

First Post
Rain had thanked the Castellan when he presented her with the gold with a bow towards him.

With the pouch in her hand and given an opportunity to visit the market, she had soon spent that and rather more besides. A tent, ten extra pitons, a small hammer and a grappling hook were sourced.

Then Rain went looking for her next purchase, something she'd always desired since she first saw one in the Kingdom of Jade; after making certain it was genuine, she placed an Everburning Torch into her pack and fastened the grappling hook to her rope.

Feeling somewhat prepared for the forest, she then made her way to the quayside, eventually finding Lady Mary and Wat. Standing a discrete distance away, Rain stood back to examine the vessel.

treex

First Post
"I'd like to take a look the Dolphin, as long as I wouldn't be getting in the way?".

"Of course, of course! Peggy a'ready showed me around..." said Themes, his enthusiasm amplified by Zuri's. "...over hia' we have da poop deck, and that there..."

OOC: Funny how I don't know a thing about ships...yet.

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Funny how I don't know a thing about ships...yet.

OOC: Actually, I do. Have a look at this nice little website's page. The writer is decently accurate.

[sblock=Ministats:]
Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 1.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 10. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 19, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 14.
HP: 31/31, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 11/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder
[/sblock]

Last edited: