[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Daeja

Explorer
OOC: Guys, I'm sorry but no time to post until Monday at earliest. Have to get car repaired ~ 3 hours tomorrow and then have relative coming to look at my roof in the afternoon after it decided to leak this morning. (sigh) Zuri will disheartening strike the closest mud person, if DM doesn't mind dealing with it so as not to delay anyone more. Otherwise, I'll take care of it as soon as I can Monday morning

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: All I see is gray and brown. It's pretty much impossible to tell what is what. I assumed the pool was the area immediately around the mounds. Is there any way you can mark squares of difficult terrain, such as they way they use triangles in published adventures?

The easiest way to retcon is to just assume I ran. Since I ended up hitting both targets by at least 5, it wouldn't change any of the results except that I will be granting CA for their attacks. Is that acceptable?

I'm assuming F12 was normal terrain as the color is slightly different it seems than the others (at least as far as I could tell), which would just get me enough movement to reach my intended square.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay let's go with that. The difficult terrain area is tinged blue. I'll try and make it clearer on the map if I can.
[MENTION=6690636]Daeja[/MENTION] I can have Zuri do that if you like. I'd say she'd want to attack a dazed Mud Man. Perhaps at a distance would be better? And then take cover?[/sblock]

Attachments

• Mud Cave Round 2update.jpg
    Mud Cave Round 2update.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

jbear

First Post
[sblock=DifficultTerrrain] Some times humour falls short via internet. I'm thinking that you're probably joking, but just in case ...

The difficult terrain (the pool) is surrounded by a blue line. Each square that counts as difficult terrain is marked with a blue dot. I've also marked the areas of rubble outside of the pool with a dot.

[/sblock]

Once again, Gray summons heavy winds to batter his foes, but their misshapen, and oddly formed bodies seem only to ripple in the wind. Gray couldn't tell whether or not they were effected by the wind, and with the mud hardened around him, he couldn't get close enough to ensure a solid hit.

[sblock=actions]
- Standard: Steel Wind vs MM1 & MM2; Rolls 12 reflex vs MM1, rolls 8 reflex vs MM2. If either of those hit, it deals 7 damage.

FLOATING +2: I would like to apply the +2 to the 12 I rolled above, but wasn't sure if it was still available.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Gray's Stats] Gray - Hengeyokai Monk 1
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 16, Will 15
HP 17/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 5/7
Speed 7, Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Blistering Flourish, Steel Wind, Desert Wind Flurry of Blows, Nature's Mask
Encounter Powers: Light the Fire [], Surefooted Stride [x]
Daily Powers: Risen Sun [x]
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Zuri moves back from her attacker, reloading her hand crossbow swiftly and firing at the mud man still reeling from Sabynha's attack, hard on the heels of Gray's scorching blast. The impact destroys the creature definitively.

Another mud shape rises from the pool and moves straight towards Sabynha who is hit moments later with a sticky ball of mud. Zuri is engulfed moments later by one of the mud shapes. Gray ducks effortlessly under the ball aimed at him and finally breaks free of the mud holding him still, wile Rain fends off the advances of the creature pursuing her.

The fact that mud shapes continue to rise from the pool is disturbing, worrying to say the least. Those skilled in the art of nature and magic sense that the source of the waves of mud creatures stems from the pool itself, its epicentre in the surrounds of the mud mounds. Perhaps with some effort, one skilled enough could disrupt the flow of elemental energy.

[sblock=Arcana or Nature]Standard Action DC 12
Minor Action DC 19

Effect: Prevent any mud shapes from rising from the pool next round [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Actions]
Floating Bonus from Sabynha still available turns Gray's miss into a hit for 7 dmg
NPC Zuri as per requested for Daeja: Shift 1, reload HXBow and Disheartening Strike vs MM1 (with CAdv form Daze) hits for 14 dmg

Another mud shape rises from pool and moves to engage Sabynha
ms5 tries to Engulf Rain: Miss
ms1 shifts and tries to engulf Zuri (+2 to hit): Hit: Grabbed and pulled into ms5's square; takes ongoing 5 dmg while engulfed
MM2 shifts away and hurls mud ball at Gray (+2 to hit): Miss
MM3 hurls mud ball at Sabynha: Hit for 9 dmg and Slowed TENT
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of the Area]
Illumination: Your light source
Mud Mounds (surrounded by light brown/orange colour): These three mud mounds are about 3 feet high, wide and strong enough to stand on. They are difficult terrain.
Rockpiles (Grey areas): These squares are difficult terrain.
Pool: Shallow water and mud combine to make this wet area difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]
Mudshapes:
ms1
ms5
ms6

Mudmen:
MM1 DEAD
MM2 9
MM3 27; Bloodied

Sabynha: 14/28 HP; 6/10 Surges; AP Used: Slowed TENT; bloodied
Wat: 19/28 HP; 8/10 Surges; AP Used; Grants CAdv
Rain: 29/31 HP; 9/10 Surges;
Zuri: 16/24 HP; 4/7 Surges; AP Used; Grabbed (DC 13); Ongoing 5 dmg
Gray: 17/22 HP; 5/7 Surges; AP Used
[/sblock]
[sblock=Creatures]
Mud Men HP:43 AC 14 F/R/W 15/13/13
Mud Shapes (Minions) AC 15 F/R/W 14/12/12
Both have Relentless Assault: +2 bonus to atks vs Slowed or Immobilised creatures
[/sblock]

GM: OOC: Hehehe! Two critical failures! Now that's more like it!!

Round 3: You're up!

Attachments

• Mud Cave Round 3.jpg
    Mud Cave Round 3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat decides to focus on the mud shapes coming up from the pool around the group while letting others focus on the mud men.

Joven's lightning rains down, destroying one of the shapes. He then incants a quick ward that temporarily shuts off the connection to elemental earth in the pool.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Divine Bolts (MS5, MS6) (1d20+4=5, 1d20+4=16)
Minor: Arcana (1d20+7=21)
Move: If needed to escape being engulfed from the OA. Acrobatics (1d20-1=17) (Possible shift to J11?)[/sblock]

OOC: Not sure if the MS can take attacks while engulfing, but if they can, MS5 will get an OA.

OOC: Summary
Miss MS5.
Hit and kills MS6.
Preventing a new Mud Shape from appearing next round.
Can escape if engulfed by an OA.

[sblock=Wat's Stats]Wat - Half-Elf Invoker 1+
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 16
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 13, Will 15
HP 19/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/10
Speed 5, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Astral Wind, Divine Bolts
Encounter Powers: Thunderwave [], Thunder of Judgement [x], Shining Symbol [x], Channel Divinity [x]
Daily Powers: Silent Malediction [x]
[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
As Rain feels the surge of Wat's power disrupting the mud men's allies, she takes advantage of a momentary opening to splash the one attacking her over the pool.

She then jumps back in the mud to put herself in a position to try and help Zuri, throwing her magical forces around Zuri's foe on the off chance that it may at some point be of help.

[sblock=actions]Standard Action- Attack ms1 with Booming Blade: Total to Hit = 25. Hits and destroys ms1.

Move Action: Moves to H12.

Booming Blade (At Will Standard Melee 1 Arcane, Thunder, Weapon)
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8+4 damage and if the target is adjacent to you at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+3 Thunder damage.

Minor Action: On the off chance the penalty to hit is required at some point, Rain marks the ms5 with
Aegis of Shielding.

Aegis of Shielding (Minor Standard (Once per Encounter can be used as a Minor action.) Close burst 2 Arcane)
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target. If you mark other creatures using other powers, the target is still marked. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. If your marked target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. If that attack hits and the marked target is within 10 squares of you, you can use an Immediate Interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any one creature by 8 points of damage.

Potential Interrupts: Guardian's Counter or Infernal Wrath[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats:]
Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 1.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 10. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 20, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 14.
HP: 29/31, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 10/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion - Encounter Power
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha continued her dance unabated, despite being caked in muck from the mudman. It slowed her steps but did not affect the twirling vistani dance, other than to send bits of the gooey substance flying everywhere.

Revenge against the mudman that did this to her would have to wait for the time being, as this other misshapen form presented the more urgent threat. She shifted her style back to the spiralling form she usually used and brought her blade to bear against the muckling.

Her blade passed through the mud-creature as though it were water, and it slumped into a pile of goo at her feet. She could see the mudmen eyeing her up for another volley, and took shelter behind Grey, for the moment. That was when she noticed Zuri in trouble. She could not hope to reach her immediately, so Sabynha reached low in her dance and used her buckler to spray water on Zuri, hoping to wash off some of the muckling's form.
[sblock=actions]Free: Focused Discipline (offence - gain +1 to hit with melee basic attacks)
Standard: Basic attack against MS6 1d20+7+1=25, 1d6+6=12 Hit. MS6 killed, triggers Song of Serendipity bonus (ally can claim +2 on an attack roll before the EONT.)
Move: Shift back to I9
Minor: Knack For Success (grant Zuri a +4 bonus to her escape attempt)[/sblock]
OOC: I've generated another +2 bonus an ally can use to attack, and a +4 that Zuri can use on her escape attempt, as well as remove MS6 from existence. MM2 is close to death, so I'd suggest bringing it down next.

[sblock=ministats]

Passive Insight 20 Passive Perception 15; Senses Low-light Vision
Skald's Aura (Healing, Martial) aura 5; active.
HP 14/28 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 6/10
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Action Points 0
Speed 6

Powers:
Skald's Aura (active; 0 heals remaining)
Focused Discipline (active; offence +1 to hit with MBA)
Song of Serendipity (active; one ally can claim +2 to hit before the end of my next turn)
Song of Savagery
Knack for Success (spent)
Lesser Flash of Distraction (spent - for real this time)
Cautionary Tale or Disrupting Words[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases