[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
"... it's not so bad
you could be dead
in the head
or sick in bed

So don't cry
Dry your eye
Look, here comes a lady
With some funny guy..."

The gnome like creatures chanting ceases as you approach. They cluster around the woman, peering at you with curious beady eyes.

Juliana notices your approach and stands up. She sniffs and wipes away her tears. Regaining her composure, she looks around in confusion.
"Hello," she says. "In hopes you are friends, I ask you: Where are we?"

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Relieved that Juliana is alive, Sabynha smiles warmly and replies, "Yes, we are friends. My name is Sabynha, and this is Wat, and Rain, and Zuri, and Gray. We've come looking for you; your family was so worried."

Sabynha did her best to look non-threatening. "Tell me, what troubles you?"

jbear

First Post
"Hello" Juliana replies politely offering a shaky smile at the others who are standing a few paces back. "Looking for me? Family ... Trouble..."

Tears brim in her eyes. You notice one eye is blue, the other is green.

"Oh, yes the trouble ... "The little folk here told me that two powerful beings have come to this forest, representing the archfey. The warrior giant Ragnar makes camp on this side of the island. For some reason, he has forsworn his alliance with a dryad witch named Uma, who resides to the east.

I was hoping one of these beings might help me or wake me from this dream. Maybe you'll take me? These leprechauns can't ... or won't."

After a pause she asks again "Where are we? Do you know?"

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Well Juliana, how does it go again... 'Wherever you go there you are?' I think that is it. But through the waterfall, I believe led you to the place known as Arcadia. Where exactly in that realm I do not know, for I have never been before."

"But I believe the more pressing question, is where is Orlando?"

Neil1889

First Post
Rain makes a point of sheathing her blade, before edging a little closer.

She bows, watching the diminutive fey, "Good Day to you all."

Gray may be a creature of this realm (at least to a certain extent), but he has only had experiences within the material world in the Shifting Seas. As such, he was quite blown away at the sheer majesty and grandeur of the land. Verdant, I think, would be an understatement...not that Gray even had the word within his vernacular.

Seeing that Juliana herself did not understand where they were, and not seeing Orlando anywhere, the Hengeyokai didn't have a clue as to what, exactly, was happening here.

jbear

First Post
When Wat calls Juliana by her name her eyes glaze over. "Juliana ... yes ... yes ... that is my other name ... I think..."

Her eyes focus with anger when she registers what he is saying. "Are you teasing me? I am where I am? And what waterfall are you talking about?"

The gnome-like creatures, who have gathered around Juliana in a semi circle forming a four tiered acrobatic pyramid, standing on each other's shoulders, smile toothy smiles through their bushy beards flecked with the odd gold tooth at Rain. "A good day to you too, horny lady. Is she a devil, or a demon maybe?"

As Wat presses with his question as to Orlando's whereabouts Juliana's face soften, her two tone eyes water up and with a quavering voice she replies: "My love, Porpherio, was here with me when we awoke under the radiant gaze of a woman fairer than any I have ever seen. He ran after her, praising her beauty, abandoning me here.

Has he forgotten me?"

She burst into tears once more, sending the pyrimad of green clothed midgets tumbling to the ground in a heap. They call out from their tangle in perfect unison.

"There there Caerwyn!
It could be worse!
A crocodile could skin you for a purse
An ogre could bake your head in its oven
Forget that cur and his wayward lovin'"

When they finally scramble to their feet they gather at Juliana's feet and glare at Wat, the perpetrator of the woman they comfort's continued upset.

Neil1889

First Post
Rain answers the woodland beings' question rather bluntly, "The blood of demonic hellfire runs hot in my veins, yes indeed. However, I have no burning desire to cause harm to any here."

Rain decides to speak what is on her mind.

"Masters and Lady, we are here to stop a war by trying to reconcile an eloping couple with their families. We have passed through a veiled portal of sorts, a waterfall, to arrive here on this island. We too came from an island, perhaps a reflection of this one."

Rain pauses a brief moment before going on.

"Speaking of reflections, Oh Rhyming Masters, did Caerwyn and Porpherio come accross living examples of theirs and speak with them?"

She looks at the weeping maiden with open curiosity.

"Lady, do you know which way this beguiling woman went?"

jbear

First Post
The bearded cretures all pull faces of exaggerated horror at Rain's reply and simultaneously emit a long "Oooooooooooooooooohhhhhh" of mock terror.

When she adds that she is not going to cause harm to anyone their ooh turns into an equally long 'oh' of disappointment.

Juliana in the mean time seems to get a grip as Rain boldly speaks her mind. Wiping away her tears and stifling the odd sob she listens closely to the tiefling's words.

One of the little ones steps forward, striking a noble figure. "Rhyming Master! Indeed a demon with taste! Quick and answer. Fiddlesticks! With haste!"

One who apparently responds to the name Fiddlesticks waddles forward. He clears his throats. He opens his mouth to speak and lets rip with a rip snorting fart of epic proportions.

His fellows burst into hysterics and begin rolling about on the ground holding their sides. The one who called Fiddlesticks forward smiles broadly and states: "Tell us a joke funnier than that and we will happily answer your question." Suddenly remembering he is meant to be rhyming he adds "Squeshtion."

Juliana, hands trembling shakes looks about the clearing and then shakes her head. "I am sorry. I ... I feel so disorientated ... I guess that is what happens in a dream..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases