[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
Rain thanks the Captain for his help and bows forward at the waist. Upon straightening, she playfully punches him on the shoulder, "We'll tell Olga you're here, one way or another."

Apparently unconcerned with the boisterous crew, Rain makes her way down the gangplank onto the quayside in time to hear the last few words spoken by the dock worker and then she sees the look on Wat's face.

"I missed something, I believe. You can tell me about it on our way to see the Captain's sweetheart."

Daeja

Explorer
OOC: Not a problem. Daeja *was* the name of the first PBEM RPG character I had, several years ago now. :) I was happy to roll with it!

With an eyebrow raised in Wat's direction, Zuri moves away as Rain directs her inquiry to him.

She heads towards the entryway of the Smokey Bean, pausing on the threshold only for a moment to let her eyes adjust to the change in lighting and to quickly scan the interior.

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha finally returns from checking on the sergeant one last time, only to find her companions already making landfall. She stops to speak with Captain Peg as well, "Thank you, Captain Peg, for seeing us safely across, and my thanks to the crew as well. I shall spread your good name, and that of the Singing Dolphin among my people. Zhey will welcome you, wherever you meet."

With that and a smile, she disembarked the damaged ship, and switching easily to her "land-legs." Also, clearly at the tail-end of a would be confrontation, though she caught Rain's question to Wat, and decided to listen in for the response.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"I missed something, I believe. You can tell me about it on our way to see the Captain's sweetheart."

"'Twas nothing really. Just reminding someone that they should always be more hospitable to their guests..."

Wat grins from ear to ear.

"Especially when I am quite certain that said guest could eviscerate said person with a single stroke of her blade."

Wat holds the door to the Smokey Bean open for both Rain and Sabynha.

jbear

First Post
The Smokey Bean indeed lives up to its name, a thick pall of tobacco smoke hanging in the air which mixes with the smell of freshly roasted coffee beans. A young woman is lighting fire in a stone hearth and a very matronly woman of generous waist and bosom is serving what looks like pie to a table of four fisherman. A minstrel playing a sad tune on a lute sets the mood of the place which is fairly empty now, though you can see a couple of tables with half eaten food and half drunk ales where you imagine the dock workers were sat when the Dolphin came into port.

The woman serving pie looks up and offers a tight smile. "Welcome to the Bean, travellers. What can I do you for? Food? Drinks? Beds? If you say all three then you'll get a free pot of Olga's Special Blend Coffee to boot. Well, not free, of course that'll cost you a tale of what you're doing here to pass the time. I'm tired of fishing stories and weeping songs from ol' Sad Sacks over there."

The woman's eyes twinkle with mirth.

The minstrel's song tailors off with pretended offense at his naming and the fisherman look your way as all await curious of the group's response. One of the fisherman mutters under his breath to another.

[sblock= Perception DC 14; Passive] "If me eyes not deceivin' thems all look like Elf Friends t'me..." [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Well, you must be Olga. Young Peg told me about you. His tales of your youthful beauty are truly to be believed. We just disembarked from the Singing Dolphin but a few minutes ago. Poor lass has certainly seen better days. BUT there are two ships of Yakuza that won't be bothering you fine folk."

Wat gets a little more serious as he states their business.

"We are here on behalf of Count Varis on account of the troubles you've been having with the elves. While we were here, we thought we'd take a look at Bloodstone Gate. Heard there was some trouble brewing there too."

Daeja

Explorer
Zuri hears the fisherman's words, but beyond a flinch, which she turns into an exaggerated motion of exhaustion as she settles into a chair at a table away from the men, she doesn't show any sign of being bothered by the muttered words.

OOC: Pass Perception: 15

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Olga's face brightens and a blush tinges her cheek with pink.

"Why Peg that rapscallion! I thought I recognised that boat! You've quite the tongue on you lad! Quiet now before I find a good use for it!"

Olga is obviously being coy as she swishes her hand playfully towards Wat.

" Sounds like you've been in a scrap. Yakuza, you say? I've heard of them before. Nasty bunch running trade over in the Jade Kingdoms if I'm not mistaken. What are they doing down here in our neck of the woods I wonder. We've got enough trouble, what with the feud going on here on the island killing trade. Bad for business. Don't need no pirates chasing away the few folk that still come here!."

At mention of Count Varis understanding dawns. "Oh, I see. Now I place you. Sit down, sit down. I'll bring you all your dinner. You're expected. Had a messenger come and let me know yesterday to expect you. Already settled accounts. Funny wee fellow he was. I pray to the gods you sort this mess out before things get even worse... but as for Bloodstone Gate, you must have got yourself turned around. Bloodstone Gate is near the island of Bloodstone. Count Varis' island. Isn't that where you just came from?"

She dumps the pie on the table of the fisherman. "And keep your dirty mouths shut. Don't think I'm deaf. I should be after hearing all your fish stories, though. Drive anyone deaf they would."

She hurries behind the bar and begins pouring drinks. "Meg, leave that for the moment dear. Go and bring these good folks their dinner."

Meg leaves her efforts to start the fire and disappears into the kitchen, reappearing moments later with trays of steaming hot food and a piping hot pot of coffee .

Neil1889

First Post
"'Twas nothing really. Just reminding someone that they should always be more hospitable to their guests..."

Wat grins from ear to ear.

"Especially when I am quite certain that said guest could eviscerate said person with a single stroke of her blade."

Wat holds the door to the Smokey Bean open for both Rain and Sabynha.

{Rain paused a second in thought before entering.

"If he was truly unpleasant, then fair enough, but let us be careful not to give the wide impression that we're here representing a regime that routinely rules by fear and intimidation. I wouldn't be here if I thought we were and I'm sure the Count and his friends wouldn't appreciate it."}

Neil1889

First Post
She hurries behind the bar and begins pouring drinks. "Meg, leave that for the moment dear. Go and bring these good folks their dinner."

Rain had been standing around for a while, looking around the common room. When the young woman goes into the back, Rain moves over to the bar and very quietly says to Olga in her light voice, "I am called Rain; the Captain had a difficult time of it in the crossing. Most assuredly he would like to see you whilst he is in port, even though he is currently distracted directing repairs to the damage."

She gives her customary half-bow and rejoins the group at a table, shedding her backpack and stashing it best she can under her stool.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases