[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

[sblock=Suggestion]
Photobucket has always worked well for me. Alternatively, you could always create a google docs "word" file and just paste the pictures in there and then link us to that google docs page. [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
GM: Okay, here you go. Let me know if you wish to move and we'll get this show on the road!
SorythStartcopy_zps89fa7bb1.jpg

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
OOC: I described Sabynha as interposing her self between Juliana/Cerwyn and Soryth, so H8 looks like a good spot. Is my aura still active? I know I kicked it in when we first heard the sounds coming up the trail, but that was a while ago.

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION] let's say the aura remains active [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] Is Wat okay where he is or would you like to reposition?
You guys may have seen that we have lost Daeja. Having a replacement join will take some real suspension from reality type stuff to get them into the adventure, methinks. If you want to let me know your thoughts about how to deal with that in the OOC thread, that would be much appreciated :) [MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION] I am fine with you running Zuri for this combat.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"To me, my dark little soldiers!" shouts the hag in a voice that could surely be heard from a mile away. "By the power of this island, I curse you to remain until I can deal with you! By the power of this island, I bind you to aid me!"

This last statement is aimed at Fiddlesticks, the leprechaun that has not yet escaped the clearing. His eyes glaze over.

The hag gestures forcefully, the air around her filling with vibrations and tendrils of shadow. Nightmare forms begin to take shape around you, forming lustful objects of your own making, born from you darkest desires. The shadowy tendrils caress you and then suddenly tear viciously at your mind, leaving you either paralysed or sluggish and slow.

A stiff grin spreads across the hag's face as she approaches, her body separating into five wisps of dark mist. These wisps encircle Juliana from a distance, who starts to disappear. Juliana awakens from her trance and struggles against the misty tendrils. She cries out and claws at the mist, ripping some of the tendrils away and casting them to the ground.

[sblock=Wat] You see that one of the torn tendrils solidifies with a flash of polished red. You can see it twinkling in the grass and feel it thrum and pulse. [/sblock]

And then both Soryth and Juliana are gone. A scream of frustration and terror echoes from somewhere in the forest followed by a evil cackle of glee that seems to come from the island itself.

The Leprechaun also blinks out of sight. Moments later three blue skinned xivorts rush from the trees, wicked grins on their face and with wicked knives.

[sblock=Soryth's Actions]
Minor action: Curses
Standard Action: Visions of Desire; Area Burst 2 within 10 centred at F10 vs Will; hits Sabynha, Wat, and Rain for 8 psychic dmg (lucky dmg roll there!) and they slide (up to 4) towards the centre of the Burst and are immobilised (Save ends)
Misses Gray for 1/2 dmg (4 psychic dmg) and slides him 2 towards centre of burst and he is slowed (save ends).
Move: to M9
Action Point: Dream Step: Soryth teleports herself and one creature within 5 squares (Juliana) an unknown distance both becoming invisible.

Leprechaun also becomes invisible.

3 Xivort slashers appear at edge of clearing
[/sblock]

GM: Round 1: You're Up!

SorythAppearsRound1.png

[sblock=Status]
Wat: Immobilised (save ends) -8 hps
Rain: Immobilised (save ends) -8 hps
Sabynha: Immobilised (save ends) -8 hps
Wat: Slowed (save ends) -4 hps

Leprechaun ? Invisible

Xivort Slasher 1 26/26 hps
Xivort Slasher 2 26/26 hps
Xivort Slasher 3 26/26 hps

(sorry forgot to lable them; just go 1-3 from top to bottom, I'll sort it for next round)[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Stats]
XSlashers AC 15 F/R/W 12/13/13
[/sblock]

OOC: Just to let you know guys, I have my 3 final exams coming up starting next Friday. So I am not going to be posting very much until they are over. So if I am not around or not responsive, that is what is happening

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Rain suddenly found herself running to grab the hilt of a fine bejewelled sword that she suddenly noticed standing in the greenery; unfortunately, it then turned into a black tendril that looped around her and sent a painful shock through her body.

Annoyed and perturbed by the sudden situation that she and her companions found themselves in, Rain drew a dagger and in spite of the extreme range, threw it hard at the Xivort on her left. She allowed herself to feel a certain amount of grim satisfaction when it landed true in the left cheek of her target, wiping the smile off his leering face.

Rain drew her sword, and in her mind, whipped it through the tendril holding her in place. Illusion or not, she was free from Soryth's spell and she prepared to defend herself from another attack.

[sblock=actions]Minor Action: Draw a dagger.

Standard Action: Throw a dagger (one of three) at Xivort Slasher 1. Long range at 9 (not 10) squares away, so -2 range penalty added for Ranged Basic Attack - Total to Hit = 22. A natural 20, so 5 points of damage, buster.

Move Action as a Minor: Draw sword (and raise personal AC shields - vrommmm!)

End of Turn: Saving Throw versus Soryth's Visions of Desire - Total = 13. A success.

(Ha! I'm rather happy about this, but there is a certain amount of delicious irony, what with Lilli's (my other character here) recent use of Visions of Avarice.)

Potential Interrupts:
Guardian's Counter, (Rain can move again) if it'll help someone avoid a pasting or get her into melee.

Infernal Wrath, for which the prime targets are Xivort 1 and Soryth - Rain won't use it on Fiddlesticks or Juliana.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats:]
Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 1.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 10. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 20, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 14.
HP: 28/31, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 9/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 2
Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion - Encounter Power
Conditions: None.
[/sblock]

Zuri wasn't the sort to put her weapons away when on guard; she'd had a knife hidden in her hand throughout the recent pleasantries.

Impressed with Rain's dagger throw at the suddenly appearing Xivort, she tried her own hand at the same distant target. The poor creature! As it turned away from Rain's strike, Zuri's dagger landed in the Xivort's right cheek and penetrated through to the other side.

Smiling to herself, she readied her Hand crossbow and took cover in a distant bush. She didn't want to be pinned in one place again and from there she could survey the clearing for good targets.

[sblock=actions]Standard Action: Throw a dagger (one of five), also at Xivort Slasher 1. Long range at 10 squares away, so -2 range penalty added for Disheartening Strike (if I'm correct, I figure a +8 becomes a +6 bonus) - Total to Hit = 18, damage = 9! OK and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn. A creature immune to fear is not subject to this penalty.

Minor action: Draw Hand crossbow.

Free action: Load Hand crossbow.

Move action: Skirt around the trees to take cover in B4 (6 movement points used).[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Zuri
Passive Perception 15 / Insight 10
AC: 16, F/R/W:12/16/13, Speed 6
HP: 23/24 +5 THP, Bloodied:12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 2/7
Action Points: 1
Powers:
MBA: Dagger, +6 vs AC, 1d4+3
At-Will: Disheartening Strike, Riposte Strike
(e)Surprise Strike
(e)Torturous Strike
(e)Fey Step
(D)Precise Incision:
Combat notes: Sneak attack is 2d6+2 [/sblock]

OOC: Xivort Slasher 1 at the top of the map is now bloodied.

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha watched in horror as the hag-witch took control of this realm and bent it to her will; the blades of grass elongated and entangled her, making movement impossible. They sliced at her, delivering what felt like a thousand tiny cuts, biting deeper the harder she struggled against them.

She could not move to strike at her foes with her blade, but fortunately, her arms remained free. Sabynha, trying to ignore her imaginary pain, began a vistani dance that focused on moving her arms. It began gently and slowly with bending knees and ballet-like upper body motions. She dropped a stone into her sling and used the building inertia of the dance to spin it around her, releasing it toward her distant target.

[sblock=actions]Take 8 psychic.
Minor Action: Focused Discipline (offence)
Move Action -> Minor Action: Song of Serendipity
Free Action: Load sling
Standard Action: Ranged basic attack vs Slasher 1 with her sling; 1d20+6=24, 1d6+5=10 Hit!
End of Turn: Saving Throw vs. Immobilized; 1d20=3 Fail![/sblock]
Her shot was true! Sabynha let loose a ululating holler that served as a battle cry among her people. The sling stone sailed through the air and clocked the little xivort in the head with a satisfying thud, like tenderizing meat with a mallet. Now the unfortunate creature sported a dagger cut to each cheek, on of which was still lodged there, and suffered a broken nose that made its face resemble a mixed berry pie.

Despite this success, the vistani was unable to break free of the entangling grass, though she continued to struggle against it.
OOC: I pegged slasher 1, so he should be at 4 hp, if I'm following this correctly. Because I hit, someone can claim a +2 on their attack roll before the end of my next turn; use it or lose it! :)

Skald Aura x2 is available to all my allies, if someone needs it, don't forget that healing is only a minor action away! :)

[sblock=ministats]Passive Insight 20 Passive Perception 15; Senses Low-light Vision
Skald's Aura (Healing, Martial) aura 5; active.
HP 25/28 0thp Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 3/10
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Action Points 1
Speed 6

Powers:
Skald's Aura (active; 2 heals remaining)
Focused Discipline (active; offense +1 to attack rolls with basic attacks)
Song of Serendipity (active; I hit with a basic attack, so an ally can get +2 to hit)
Song of Savagery
Knack for Success
Lesser Flash of Distraction
Cautionary Tale or Disrupting Words[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases