[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Sounds like a plan ND. You open up negotiations and we'll support you.

OOC: Yep, all good. Should it matter:

Rain's skills: Arcana +10, Athletics +7, Endurance + 9, History +10.

But as a one shot:

Arcane Mutterings (Encounter Free action Personal)
Trigger: You would make a Bluff, a Diplomacy or an Intimidate check.
Effect: You make an Arcana Check in place of the Bluff, Diplomacy or Intimidate check.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"I think an open, honest approach would be better than trying to sneak up; my cousin was a sometime horse-thief, and he told me that if the horse spooks, you will never catch it. These unicorns are intelligent, by any standard, so if they see us sneaking and decide we're up to no good, we might as well quit, because we'll never catch them." Sabynha was still working out in her mind, just how this was going to work at all, but she tried to sound confident.

"Follow me, friends, and try to look... 'unthreatening'."

Sabynha began walking from the forest edge and into the meadow, with her arms wide, and unthreatening. The peace-bond on her blade was clearly visible, and she walked slowly. The vistani called upon everything she knew of her heritage, and spoke as eloquently as she could muster in the fey tongue of her ancestors, "vedui' vanya shee-rokko lye ier sinome e' seere."
[sblock=actions, translation]I just used an online elvish translator, and used words as close as I could, but the gist of it is, "greetings fair unicorns, we come in peace."
Sabynha is using Words of Friendship, for a +5 and claiming the +2 for speaking elven. I'm not including anything for 'aid another' checks that anyone else might want to make, nor any potential effect of the peace bonds. I will also use Inspire Competence to give everyone else a +2 Diplomacy for the encounter, stacking with the +1 Racial bonus I'm granting as well for a total of +3.
1d20+12+5+2=31 Not bad! :)[/sblock]

Gray's idea of the least threatening possible: a tiny fox! With that idea in his head, he waits until they're far enough away that Robin might not see him transform, and then shrinks down into his tiny furry form. After that, he trots up to Sabynha and paws at her legs in an attempt to get her to pick him up. After all... one less humanoid would be much less threatening, and a bard with a cute pet could only gain them bonus points with the unicorns! He tried his best to look as cute and cuddly as possible.

[sblock=actions]
Nature's Mask Bluff check: 1d20+12+5=25
Aid Other diplomacy check: 1d20+5=24 [/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
The unicorns' heads snap around and lock onto the approaching group from the moment they emerge from the treeline. The larger of the two young unicorns instantly careens in front of the smaller one and lowers its head and shakes its mane. The other disappears from view and reappears ten feet further away. At which point Sabynha begins speaking to them in the elven tongue, her voice enchantingly compelling even to those who do not understand the language.

The aggressive unicorn raises its head to regard the group anew. The skittish smaller one trots forward, but as it is about to pass its protector, the larger one rears up onto its hind legs and brings its hooves down hard onto the earth.The smaller one stops still and a voice is heard which those who speak elven understand.

[sblock=Elven] "Peace? Your coming disturbs it! Away with you now!" [/sblock]

The other unicorn nips at the larger one's neck but it merely shrugs it off and paws the ground aggressively.

GM: Small Unicorn: Convinced you are no danger; 1/4 successes 0 failures

I was going to have everyone roll Diplomacy checks DC 13 to establish how aggressive/threatening you come across but with a 31 from Sabynha and a successful roll from Gray, even if the others all fail, Sabynha has done more than enough to gain the first success.

If the rest of you want to post what your PC is doing and add a Diplomacy roll with Sabynha's +3 bonus to support Sabynha's reply to the aggressive unicorn, go for it. A fail at DC 13 will increase her DC by 1; If you beat the DC by 5 or more then you give Sabynha a +1 bonus.

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Rain could be a +10 base on a single go herself (Arcane Mutterings), or a plain +3 base as an aid another roll, plus any of Sabynha's applicable bonuses. I think that saving the +10 Arcane Mutterings attempt as a narrative reserve and have Rain stay quiet is the way to go...

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat steps forward, speaking in the common tongue, hoping that Sabynha will translate where necessary.

"We mean you no harm." In fact, if you recognize this, Wat says tapping the bloodstone affixed to his staff, "then you know we are enemies of Soryth. But to truly end her wicked ways, we need your help."

Diplomacy (1d20+11+2=15)

jbear

First Post
The unicorn's ears twitch as Wat speaks in the common tongue, but Sabynha quickly translates his words. The unicorn seems to be more put off by the tiefling who seems to stutter and hesitate with her approach.

Meanwhile an angry commotion can be heard behind the group, back at the edge of the forest where the group of satyr watch the goings on from the cover of the trees.

GM: Wat beats the DC 13 so does not increase the difficulty for Sabynha.
Rain acts hesitantly, hanging back, and in so doing puts her foot in it. Diplomacy Roll +3 (From Sabynha) -2 (from me)

Non-participation isn't going to cut it. RP could result in bonuses, or as you have seen in penalties. The diplomacy roll is the equivalent of your body language and is obligatory.

If someone wants to use Zuri go ahead and RP away, otherwise I will NPC her and make a roll from home.

Just waiting on Gray's description of what he is doing in fox form (Mwhahahawhahahaha *Evil DM laugh*; CFW: love that you did that! Methinks you have forgotten a small but important detail :devil:)

Neil1889

First Post
GM: Wat beats the DC 13 so does not increase the difficulty for Sabynha.
Rain acts hesitantly, hanging back, and in so doing puts her foot in it. Diplomacy Roll +3 (From Sabynha) -2 (from me)

Non-participation isn't going to cut it. RP could result in bonuses, or as you have seen in penalties. The diplomacy roll is the equivalent of your body language and is obligatory.

If someone wants to use Zuri go ahead and RP away, otherwise I will NPC her and make a roll from home.

OOC: If I'd have known that, I would have rolled. Anyway, proper computer problems alert: it ain't working as it should and I'm not sure why. Will try and keep in touch.

[sblock]Zuri attempts Diplomacy with the Unicorns to aid Sabynha - Total = 17. [/sblock]

Zuri starts to step forwards with the others, though seeing Rain hanging back, she pulls her sleeve and indicates with a nod of her head for Rain to follow.
Zuri approaches the unicorns in an unthreatening manner behind Sabynha, "Indeed, Soryth is a bane to others beyond the island and we need to stop her as soon as possible," she said in the Eladrin tongue.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases