[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Hearing the good Count describe the situation made it sound like complicated 'settler politics' to Sabynha, and she began to wonder why Nani had asked her of all people to go. Then, the mention of Elestial and the matters in the Sildaine Forest made her think it might be to do with her own heritage, which, of course she thought foolish, I know nothing of the fey; I don't even speak real elvish.

Despite that, she couldn't ignore her own curiosity on the matter. Sabynha often wondered where her parents had come from, as many Vistani do. And this matter of missing children; was it a slight to her people that she had been asked here? If that were so, she did not think it would be presented like this - folk tend to burn their boats and drive them out of harbour, rather than ask nicely what happened to their children.

Speaking up for the first time, she stepped forward, and with a deep curtsy said, "I am Sabynha, your Grace." She always thought it amusing that these nobles seemed to thrive on ritualized formalities and high manners and such.

"I will do my best, in the name of your Little Bird."
Though she spoke fluently in the common Alarian tongue, she still had an accent and was truthfully more comfortable in the Vistani offshoot of Old Alarian. "There are many rumours on the tongues of common folk about the troubles there; I hope that they are not even half true, but I fear that they may be.

Last edited:

LordGraz'zt

First Post
"Kartuus, your Grace," nods the knight, "in my short stay here enjoying the sights of Sybar I have overheard much talk about the disagreements between Crystalbrook and Silidane."

Taking a brief pause to recollect, "I even have heard talk of blue-skinned demons plaguing the island."

"I assume the youth are of some importance? Was there any evidence that these demons caused the disappearance of the two youths?"

LordGraz'zt

First Post
"Kartuus, your Grace," nods the knight, "in my short stay here enjoying the sights of Sybar I have overheard much talk about the disagreements between Crystalbrook and Silidane."

Taking a brief pause to recollect, "I even have heard talk of blue-skinned demons plaguing the island."

"I assume the youths are of some importance? Was there any evidence that these demons caused the disappearance?"

jbear

First Post
"Sadly most of the rumours strike close to the truth. Both sides blame each other and both sides share their part of the blame. The disappearance of the two youths may be an opportunity to bring an end to this pointless and costly strife."

He nods at Kartuus' assumption.

"Yes, the youths are of importance. Orlando is the only son and heir of Lady Tamora, ruler of the township of Crystalbrook. Juliana is daughter to Carric, lord of the Sildaine. Both of their parents finally agree on something. They believe the youths have disappeared together. And that they ... share affections for each other. And that the conflict between their parents and their peoples have driven them away in a foolish act of rebellion."

By the look on the count's face, you suspect that such rebellion might amuse him to some degree if the situation were another.

"Alas, I must agree. If they have run off they may indeed be in danger. The roads of Elestial have become unsafe for travellers. And the forest even less so. So the matter is of some urgency. Once resolved I hope and pray to Jove that their parents will also see fit to end their troublesome quarrelling. "

"To help ensure your success, I offer each of you fifty pieces of gold on behalf of Lady Tamora and Lord Carric. I'll double the amount upon your return. That is aside from any arrangements that each of you may have made personally before this meeting. Also, take this document, which marks you as agents of Sybar in these matters. I guarantee you more wealth and honor, tokens of my thanks and admiration, if you succeed."

He takes one of the scrolls from the table and offers it to the group.

''To do so, my friends, you must stop the sides from fighting and return both youths alive to their parents. Each faction is likely to blame the other if you fail, leading to the possibility of open hostilities. I recommend you begin by questioning the lady and the lord."

He pauses, awaiting for one of the group to take the scroll and to see if any of those he has gathered have any questions to ask.

[sblock=Insight DC 12] Count Varis obviously cares deeply for the outcome of this task, and he seems genuinely impartial. [/sblock]

[sblock=The Scroll] The scroll is sealed with the mark of Sybaris and signed by the count. The document is intended only to show Lord Carric and Lady Tamora that the characters have his blessing to help in this situation. [/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Truth be told, Sabynha found the thought of the two youths' rebellion charming and amusing as well, but made haste in burying her smirk, given the gravity of the situation.

"A sound suggestion, my lord." Sabynha stepped forward as she spoke, gently plucking the scroll from his outstretched hand. She surprised herself with her own willingness.

"So, we are to work together as your agents then?"
The Vistani glanced at her new companions, looking for their reactions. The question was aimed almost as much at them as it was the Count.

OOC: Passive Insight 20

treex

First Post
"And I trust it has occurred to yer Highness that these two may have plotted all this? Or that they have stowed away in the middle of the night, under the moonlit night to embrace each other in a passion of flesh and skin?" Themes said with a bow, though the "respect" he shows is obviously a mere facade. "What are we to do if they refuse to return?"

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"And I trust it has occurred to yer Highness that these two may have plotted all this? Or that they have stowed away in the middle of the night, under the moonlit night to embrace each other in a passion of flesh and skin?" Themes said with a bow, though the "respect" he shows is obviously a mere facade. "What are we to do if they refuse to return?"
"Indeed it has occurred to me, Lah'nun. Did I not just say that is what their own parents believe, if not with less ... poetic language? In any case I trust you will discover the why in vivid detail once you find the pair. The point is to find them as quickly as possible before harm should come to them, and so defuse this entire situation. As to what you are to do if they refuse return ... I will leave that in your capable hands to resolve as best you can."

His face and tone remains placid and unaffected by the genasi's obvious show of disrespect. He then turns his attention to Sabynha.

"As my agents, yes. That is an acceptable way of saying it. I understand that you each have your own loyalties. But those loyalties lie to friends and allies of Sybar. And Sybar never forgets a friend."

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
GM: I added a wee bit further up to address the second part of Theme's question which I overlooked. Pushing this on now. I'm assuming everyone is on board with getting into it.
The doors to the hall burst open and the elven woman that left a few moments ago strides back in. By the looks she has been running. She whispers something in the Count's ear which causes him to frown.

He stands and says: "You will have to excuse me. A matter has arisen that requires my urgent attention. Lady Mary will show you to the Singing Dolphin, a sturdy and quick vessel. You should have arrived in Port Elestial by sunset if you leave now. You should be in Crystalbrook by tomorrow, where you can speak directly with Lady Tamora."

To Sabynha: "Please give her my warmest regards, and tell her that I hope she enjoys the portrait as much as I do."

With that he leaves with a nod, his castellan closing the doors behind him.

Ladies and Gentlemen. And Lah'nun. If you'd be so kind as to follow me ...

Lady Mary does not seem overly pleased to be accompanying you to the boat. She opens the door and taps her foot impatiently, while she gnaws on her bottom lip.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases