[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Daeja

Explorer
Zuri is also awed by the beauty of the waterfall. Seeing Grey enter the stream, she turns her attention to the rest of the cavern, searching for any signs that the missing couple has passed this way. She resists smiling at his query, catching herself glancing back to him as though expecting the waterfall to respond.

OOC: Perception check:1d20+5=16

Gray was only slightly embarrassed when he didn't get a response from the crystals and his companion's eyes fell upon him. It's just that Gray had never experienced a place like this before and really wasn't sure at all what to expect from it. He didn't have the knowledge of magic that some of his team mates had, and he wasn't exactly the studious type anyway. He was more a person of action and reaction than a person of deep thought or knowledge seeking. He hoped that they hadn't hit a dead end, though, because the musical tones were starting to creep him out and he wanted to keep moving on... the only question there was...where do they keep moving on to?

jbear

First Post
As Zuri scans the chamber she discerns the same details that Sabynha has noticed. However when she glances back at the waterfall expecting it to respond her sharp eye catches an important detail and perhaps an answer to Gray's unspoken question.

There seems to be a room on the other side of the waterfall. From the reflections caught by the light the room seems to be furnished.

Daeja

Explorer
"The waterfall," Zuri says softly, "There's a room beyond it." She squinted and added, "I can't see anyone, but there's furniture. So... surely there must be someone around?"

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Really? How odd..." Sabynha's curiosity was piqued, and she carefully picked her way over to get a better view of what lay inside the waterfall's hidden room.

Neil1889

First Post
"Maybe I'm too close and can't see the wood for the trees, so to speak," says Rain.

She pushes her empty hand into the waterfall to see how it feels for a second before withdrawing it.

"When everybody feels prepared, I'll try and go in."

jbear

First Post
Rain enters the shallow pool to reach the waterfall and finds the same resistance as she nears her goal. Clambering up onto the surface of the water as the consistency grows thicker she reaches out a hand to touch the waterfall itself. There is a great deal of resistance as she does so but her fingers do manage to penetrate the frozen water somewhat. The sensation is strange enough to send a tingle through her body before she withdraws her hand again. It is wet yet her fingers remain dry. It is solid yet pliable. Viscous yet smooth.

As they others peer through to the other side they are also able to discern the room that lies beyond, though the details are blurred severely by the mass of frozen water. You could swear however that there is a table and a couch beyond.

Neil1889

First Post
"This promises to be an unusual experience. When everybody is ready, I'm breaking on through to the other side."

When the time came, Rain raised her magical shield with one hand and boldly crossed the threshold with her sword in the other.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat, caught up for a moment in a more scholarly examination of the waterfall, finally turns his attention to the rest of the group.

"I couldn't place it at first, but now I remember legends of a temple to Apoli. The legends say they wanted to open a rift to Olympus, a place where it was said even time could not touch. They planned for the temporal distortion to make their temple a place where the sun never set nor any cloud touched the sky. Of course the legends also say the temple was quickly razed by the armies of Gehenos who could also breach the rift as it touched Elysium..."

Turning to the group he adds, "It may have been nothing more than a parable warning of the folly of hubris, but I think it explains what we are seeing. Time flows differently in Arcadia, thus making the flow of time, and as a consequence the water itself almost imperceptible according to our own frame of reference."

Realizing that he may be putting the rest of his companions to sleep with his diversion into academia, he states, "I'm ready to continue when the rest of you are. It should be safe to cross, though the time shifting might be a bit overwhelming at first if you've never done it before."

Now that something truly interesting was happening, Gray stepped up in line to walk through the frozen waterfall. He certainly wasn't the scholarly type, but he did find Wat's lecture quite interesting, and he decided that it may be useful to tuck that tidbit of information away (not that he would in any way be able to reliably repeat said information...but he'll remember the gist of it). Waiting to see what, if anything, happened to Rain as she entered the room, Gray readied himself for fight or flight.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases