[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: When you crit you maximize all the dice, except those rolled only for a crit (such as a magic weapon). Thus, you maximize the sneak attack as well. So the mudman takes 23 damage.

jbear

First Post
The mud man struck brutally by Zuri's sudden attack seems to lose shape only to reappear a safe distance away from her hungry blade. A new mud shape rises from the pool at the far edge of the mud mounds and moves to cut off the rogues advance with an earthy croak.

The dazed mud men continue to fling their mud balls with ferocious force and the mud shapes move to engulf those closest to them, those who are already slowed by the elemental creature's mud attacks becoming now easier targets.

[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION] Unfortunately I've realised that the mud man Sabynha targeted was pushed out of her range by Wat's Armour of Wrath (In surprise round; I did update to that effect). In the interest of moving on I'm going to switch your attack to kill the mudshape that could most easily set up a flank on you. Of course you retain Flash of Distraction.

[MENTION=6690636]Daeja[/MENTION] Not sure about legality, and don't really care. It's fine by me. Actually, as Wat pushed the mud man out of your line of sight (and vice versa), appearing suddenly next to him has won you CAdv on this occaision so Sneak Attack still applies. Also, as you rolled a crit, sneak attack damage is also max ;) So 23 dmg by my count. I hope that compensates Sabynha not being able to Daze MM3 a little.

MM3 uses Amorphous Shape as an immediate reaction to Shift 3 to N13

Start of Mud Men's turn: A new Mud Shape (ms5) appears at L11 and moves to K12

MM3 uses Mud Ball vs Zuri Hit: Slowed TENT
MM2 uses Mud Ball vs Gray: Miss
MM1 uses Mud Ball vs Gray: Hit: As Gray is already slowed, now he is Immobilised TENT.

ms3 tries to engulf Sabynha
ms1 moves and tries to engulf Rain
Both Hit: Sabynha and Rain are both respectively grabbed and pulled into the mud shape's space (escape DC 13). Until the grab ends, they both take ongoing 5 damage and the mud man is immobilized.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Features of the Area]
Illumination: Your light source
Mud Mounds (surrounded by light brown/orange colour): These three mud mounds are about 3 feet high, wide and strong enough to stand on. They are difficult terrain.
Rockpiles (Grey areas): These squares are difficult terrain.
Pool: Shallow water and mud combine to make this wet area difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]
Mudshapes:
ms1
ms3
ms5

Mudmen:
MM1 13 Dazed TENT
MM2 9 Dazed TENT
MM3 27 -2 to Attacks TENT; Bloodied

Sabynha: 1THP+21/28 HP; 6/10 Surges; AP Used: Ongoing 5 dmg; Grabbed; (Grants +2 Atk to an ally TENT)
Wat: 19/28 HP; 8/10 Surges; AP Used;
Rain: 5THP+29/31 HP; 9/10 Surges; Ongoing 5 dmg; Grabbed
Zuri: 16/24 HP; 4/7 Surges; AP Used; Slowed TENT
Gray: 7/22 HP; 6/7 Surges; AP Used: Immobilised TENT; Bloodied; +2 AC/Ref TENT & has Cadv
[/sblock]
[sblock=Creatures]
Mud Men HP:43 AC 14 F/R/W 15/?/?
Mud Shapes (Minions) AC 15 F/R/W ?/?/?
Both have Relentless Assault: +2 bonus to atks vs Slowed or Immobilised creatures
[/sblock]

GM: Round 2: You're up!

Attachments

• Mud Cave Round 2.jpg
    Mud Cave Round 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat decides Rain can handle herself for a moment so he dashes off to help Sabynha.

He moves closer, drawing a symbol of Joven's might in the air with his staff, the symbol shines brigthly, engulfing the forms of mud while leaving his allies unharmed.

Wat then sees that Gray may be in over his head. He hesistates for a moment however, wondering if any of the ladies would need the healing power instead. But then he relents causing Sabynha's aura to heal Gray's wounds.

[sblock=Actions]Move: I11.
Standard: Shining Symbol (MS3, MM1, MM2) (1d8+4+3=10, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4+2=19, 1d20+4+2=10)
Minor: Skald's Aura (1d6=5)[/sblock]

OOC: MS3 - Hits Will 17.
MM1 - Hits Will 19.
MM2 - Hits Will 10.
Those hit take 10 radiant damage and a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Wat's next turn.

Gray can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 5 hit points.

[sblock=Wat's Stats]Wat - Half-Elf Invoker 1+
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 16
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 13, Will 15
HP 19/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/10
Speed 5, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Astral Wind, Divine Bolts
Encounter Powers: Thunderwave [], Thunder of Judgement [x], Shining Symbol [x], Channel Divinity [x]
Daily Powers: Silent Malediction [x][/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
OOC: Whoops. Sorry about that. I lost track of what was going on; email update notifications quit working for a bit and I had a couple pages to get caught up on.

Sabynha flails and thrashes as the shape engulfs her. She takes in a mouthful of its disgusting slimy muck and chokes a bit. She struggles this way and that, trying to worm free of its grasp. Just when she thought all hope lost, through the muck burst a light, not painful to her, but bright and all-consuming. Even the filth in her mouth was consumed, sparing her from choking.

She looked in time to see Wat hesitate on helping Gray, but the vistani, now free from filth, stood up looking strong and triumphant and shot the virile priest a sultry look that told him she was thankful enough for his aid. Sabynha wasn't sure if he noticed or not, but he decided to do the right thing, apparently.

She took a step back to get a grasp of the situation and decided that these foul mucklings needed to be kept at a safe distance. Sabynha adopted a different style to her dance, one emphasizing fluid motion, and taking full advantage of her dance "partners" to move about. With that, she bolted forward, engaging the mudman in front of her. She struck true, and used the momentum of her charge to rebound from the muck creature, stopping safely out of its grasp. Her blow left it reeling once more.

[sblock=actions]Move Action: Shift to I9
Minor Action: Activate Focused Discipline stance (tactics; shift 1 after hitting with MBA)
Standard Action: Charge MM1 1d20+7+1+2=21, 1d6+6=10 Hit!
Free Action: Shift to J8 (triggered by Focused Discipline)
Free Action: Lesser Flash of Distraction (triggered by hitting) MM1 is again Dazed TENT.[/sblock]
OOC: Again, there is a +2 to hit floating about if someone wants to use it. I don't think the last one got used. If nobody uses it, it just goes to waste! :)
[sblock=ministats]
Passive Insight 20 Passive Perception 15; Senses Low-light Vision
Skald's Aura (Healing, Martial) aura 5; active.
HP 21/28 +1htp Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 6/10
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Action Points 0
Speed 6

Powers:
Skald's Aura (active; 0 heals remaining)
Focused Discipline (active; tactics - shift as free action after hitting with MBA)
Song of Serendipity (active; one ally can claim +2 to hit before the end of my next turn)
Song of Savagery
Knack for Success
Lesser Flash of Distraction (spent - for real this time)
Cautionary Tale or Disrupting Words[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Rain pulls herself from the muddy grasp, but appears to be somewhat disorientated from the experience.

[sblock=actions]Start of Turn:Rain takes 5 damage (losing the Temp hit points).

Rain attempts an Escape from Grab: Total = 17 (I think this has to be Standard Action). Rain suceeds and shifts to H13 in the process.

Not at home and appear to have trouble pasting at the second. If Rain gets gooed again she'll use Infernal Wrath, though hitting a Mud Man would be preferable with this power.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Rain pulls herself from the muddy grasp, but appears to be somewhat disorientated from the experience.

[sblock=actions]Start of Turn:Rain takes 5 damage (losing the Temp hit points).

Rain attempts an Escape from Grab: Total = 17 (I think this has to be Standard Action). Rain suceeds and shifts to H13 in the process.

Not at home and appear to have trouble pasting at the second. If Rain gets gooed again she'll use Infernal Wrath, though hitting a Mud Man would be preferable with this power.[/sblock]
OOC: @Neil1889 No, it's a move action, only I don't think you can shift into the mud which is difficult terrain. You'll have to shift away to the edge of the pool as that is not difficult terrain. So you still have a standard action to have a crack at it!

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: @Neil1889 No, it's a move action, only I don't think you can shift into the mud which is difficult terrain. You'll have to shift away to the edge of the pool as that is not difficult terrain. So you still have a standard action to have a crack at it!

The mud in Rain's eye was not of her liking.

[sblock=more actions]Cheers, jbear. Move is to F13, with the above escape.

The impossibility of shifting into the mud did occur to me later on. :) Also, I used the Athletics skill to escape the grab.

As Rain can have a bash - Standard Action: Booming Blade against ms1 = Natural 1 missed. Looks like the flavour text was appropriate. :)

So, Infernal wrath as above and if Wat is attacked, or anyone else is inside 2 squares, Guardian's Counter. [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Wat decides Rain can handle herself for a moment so he dashes off to help Sabynha.

He moves closer, drawing a symbol of Joven's might in the air with his staff, the symbol shines brigthly, engulfing the forms of mud while leaving his allies unharmed.

Wat then sees that Gray may be in over his head. He hesistates for a moment however, wondering if any of the ladies would need the healing power instead. But then he relents causing Sabynha's aura to heal Gray's wounds.

[sblock=Actions]Move: I11.
Standard: Shining Symbol (MS3, MM1, MM2) (1d8+4+3=10, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4+2=19, 1d20+4+2=10)
Minor: Skald's Aura (1d6=5)[/sblock]

OOC: MS3 - Hits Will 17.
MM1 - Hits Will 19.
MM2 - Hits Will 10.
Those hit take 10 radiant damage and a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Wat's next turn.

Gray can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 5 hit points.

[sblock=Wat's Stats]Wat - Half-Elf Invoker 1+
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 16
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 13, Will 15
HP 19/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/10
Speed 5, Initiative +0
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Astral Wind, Divine Bolts
Encounter Powers: Thunderwave [], Thunder of Judgement [x], Shining Symbol [x], Channel Divinity [x]
Daily Powers: Silent Malediction [x][/sblock]

GM: @Son of Meepo Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but I don't think that Wat can actually reach I11 to get off his blast vs 3 targets. The mud pool is difficult terrain.
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] I'll post an updated map once SoM has had a chance to retcon his turn.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases