[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Just a quick post; the Xivort slashers attacking Rain wouldn't have had combat advantage due to Sabynha's Cautionary Tale daily power in effect within her aura 5 until the rest of the encounter. But they missed, so no biggie.

I'll fire my turn off later when I get home in about 11hrs. Zuri's got her eye on dropping the bloodied and dazed (until Wat has his turn) Xivort currently slashing at Gray with a sneak attack, but if it gets dropped beforehand, no biggie.

Having centered himself in the midst of the chaos of slashing, blue-skinned, orange-eyed, maniacs and found himself once again able to move with the precision and agility that comes with his psionic training, Gray takes a look at the enemies all about, thinking on which to target. While he did have one enemy on him already, he wasn't one to let enemies fight on their terms. No...he would force the creature to leave him alone...or burn!

Hunkering down in the grasses beneath his feet, Gray connected with his inner energies and began to exude heat, as he had done so many times before. The sudden release of energy propels gray across the landscape toward his companions and the enemy trapped between them! With its attention focused quite solely on Rain and Sabynha, it was no surprise that Gray's quick actions took the creature by surprise. Feeling a fist full of controlled anger, the blue beast collapses after its jaw is nearly ripped from its face

[sblock=Actions]
Move - Blistering Flourish Movement: Gray moves to G11. This triggers an OAtk from X1 if it wants it... but if it hits, it takes 6 fire damage!

Standard - Blistering Flourish: CRITS X2 for 20 damage, killing X2! Until the end of Gray's next turn, his melee attacks deal 4 extra fire damage. [/sblock]

[sblock=Gray's Stats]
Gray - Hengeyokai Monk 1
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 16, Will 15
HP 18/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 0/7
Speed 7, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blistering Flourish, Steel Wind, Desert Wind Flurry of Blows, Nature's Mask
Encounter Powers: Light the Fire[ ], Surefooted Stride[ ]
Daily Powers: Risen Sun[x] [/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
The feel of Wat's hands on her was something that she could get used to, and she found that his boldness was not unwelcome, especially as their caress revealed that the gash was mostly superficial. Perhaps it was the heat of battle, or just the growing of trust and camaraderie, but whatever the cause, she felt reinvigorated and ready to put these little blue things down so they could resume their quest.

Sabynha was pleasantly surprised to see Gray bounce back from his predicament so quickly, and even moreso for him to have taken down the xivort in front of her so efficiently. She almost felt bad for the poor little wretch, laying there crumpled with its mangled little face. Almost.

Seeking to bring this little skirmish to an end quickly, the vistani used Wat's lingering hand to make him a partner in her dance, flinging herself past Gray and Rain with her blade drawn and ready for more xivort blood.

Approaching the creature in a leaping pirouette, her blade draws a red line from its collar bone to its waist. Clearly the poor thing never even knew what was coming, being more intent on attacking rain. It clutched at its insides in a vain attempt to keep them there, before falling over dead, yellow eyes wide with shock. Sabynha, quite proud of herself, turned her attention back toward the last one standing, and pointed menacingly with her now-gory blade.

"Surrender or die, cur!" She wasn't even sure where that came from.

[sblock=actions]Focused Discipline - Offence +1 to hit on basic attacks
Minor Action: Song of Savagery - I hit with a basic attack, so an ally gets +4 damage.
Standard Action: charge to I13 and use my Cautionary Tale damage 1d20+7+1+1=22, 1d6+6+2d10=26 Pow! XS3 killed in one hit!
Move Action: I know my turn is supposed to end after a charge, but I'd like to take this opportunity to Intimidate the remaining Xivort into surrendering. It's fine if this is just flavour. In case it's not just flavour, here is my Intimidate check: 1d20+8=23[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Passive Insight 20 Passive Perception 15; Senses Low-light Vision
Skald's Aura (Healing, Martial) aura 5; active.
HP 27/28 1thp Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 2/10
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Action Points 0
Speed 6

Powers:
Skald's Aura (active; 0 heals remaining) allies do not grant CA
Focused Discipline (active; offense +1 to attack rolls with basic attacks)
Song of Serendipity
Song of Savagery (active; I hit with a basic attack, so an ally can get +4 to damage)
Knack for Success (spent)
Lesser Flash of Distraction
Cautionary Tale or Disrupting Words (spent)[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
The fight goes out of the last xivort's eyes, but it does not surrender. The creature looks back towaards the forest, set to flee for its life.

Neil1889

First Post
Zuri takes aim at the Xivort that seems to be preparing to strike the departing Gray and sure enough her bolt hits the creature in the back, dropping it instantly.

[sblock=actions]Standard action: Zuri uses Disheartening Strike on the still Dazed XS1 with her Hand-crossbow (Combat Advantage bonus included) - To Hit: 18, Damage: 7 Disheartening Strike (Ranged) (At Will Standard Ranged Martial, Weapon, Rattling)
Requirement: You must be using a light blade, crossbow or
Target: One creature Attack: +6 vs. AC
Hit: 1d6+4 and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn. A creature immune to fear is not subject to this penalty. (using hand crossbow).
I make it that Xivort Slasher 1 is dropped to zero hit points.
Free action: reload.
Move action: Moves and takes cover in E2.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Zuri
Passive Perception 15 / Insight 10
AC: 16, F/R/W:12/16/13, Speed 6
HP: 23/24 +5 THP, Bloodied:12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 2/7
Action Points: 1
Powers:
MBA: Dagger, +6 vs AC, 1d4+3
At-Will: Disheartening Strike, Riposte Strike
(e)Surprise Strike
(e)Torturous Strike
(e)Fey Step
(D)Precise Incision:
Combat notes: Sneak attack is 2d6+2 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Somewhat impressed that both her opponents are suddenly dropped, Rain dashes accross the clearing towards where Fiddlesticks might be, stopping just short of where he was last seen. She snaps her fingers, trying to throw a ward upon him and attract his attention to her.
"Come on Fiddlesticks, snap out of it! I know this isn't like you."

[sblock=actions]Move Action: Rain moves to G7. Standard Action: Rain moves to H5.

Minor Action: trying Aegis of Shielding on Fiddlesticks, if he roughly is where he is on the map still.
Aegis of Shielding (Minor Close burst 2 Arcane)
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target. If you mark other creatures using other powers, the target is still marked. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. If your marked target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. If that attack hits and the marked target is within 10 squares of you, you can use an Immediate Interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by that attack to any one creature by 8 points of damage.

Potential Interrupts:
Guardian’s Counter (Encounter Immediate Interrupt Close burst 2 Martial)
Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of you is attacked and you are not included in the attack.
Effect: You and the ally shift 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. You become the target of the triggering attack in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, you can make a basic attack against the attacker.
...if the most hurt ally in range is attacked and it applies, Rain will use it, unless it would be really silly for them to stand there.
Infernal Wrath (Encounter Free Close burst 10 Fire)
Target: The triggering enemy in the burst
Trigger: An enemy within 10 squares of you hits you.
Effect: The target takes 1d6+4 fire damage.
...for which the target is Soryth - Rain won't use it on Fiddlesticks or Juliana.

[/sblock][sblock=Ministats[/COLOR]
Rain
Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 1.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 10. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 20, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 14.
HP: 28/31, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 9/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 2
Powers:
Infernal Wrath
Second Wind
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder
Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion - Encounter Power
Conditions: None.
[/sblock]

OOC: Enworld went down in mid-post and I'm finding it full of format fun. Hope it makes sense, anyway.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Wat was still angry that Fiddlesticks attacked him. Charmed or not, he certainly wasn't ready to let the leprechaun go without a measure of payback.

"Let's see if this can snap him out of it."

Wat listens around for any sign of Fiddlesticks. Not hearing anything Wat walks close to where the leprechaun last was. Wat waves has hand, causing the air to begins to move rapidly. With a snap of his finger's Wat releases the stored energy in a violent gust.

[sblock=actions]Minor: Perception (1d20+4=5)
Move: J6
Standard: Astral Wind in I3:K5.
If Fiddlesticks is in the area then he is subject to an attack.
Since it's an area attack I don't take -5 for him being invisible, but I also don't get CA since I can't see him.
Astral Wind (1d20+4=23, 1d6+4=9)
If there, I hit Fiddlesticks for 9 damage and push him one square directly away from Wat. He will take 4 more damage if he moves closer to me on his next turn.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
There is a yelp of pain as Wat unleashes his blast of astral wind followed by a second closer yelp moments later. Rain feels the world unthread about her for a moment, the leering goblin appearing by her side slashing at her throat. Compelled, she strikes at the creature with her sword which causes pain to lance through her head.

The others can see Fiddlesticks is actually behind Rain, not to the side where she strikes out and makes no motion to attack whatsoever as Rain perceives. Blood runs from the creature's ears and nose freely, and it cowers with a look of absolute terror on its face.

His jaw quavers as though struggling to speak in response to Rain's plea to stop. His clenched fist, drips with a black ichor which dissipates as the leprechaun opens its hand, sinking to the ground.

He reaises his hands: "I'm ... I'm so sorry! Soryth snatched my mind! So Blind! So sorry sorry sorry!" The wee man begins shaking and weeping quietly.

As soon as Fiddlesticks opens his hand and releases the ichor, the pain that threatened Rain's mind relents, fading before it does her any real damage.

The glade is still. Slowly the sounds of birds returns. At the edge of the woods curious bearded faces begin to reappear. Seeing that the danger has passed the leprechauns gingerly return to the shamrock patch, looking up at you with hopeful smiles, and tiny pats on your calves of congratulations.

GM: Combat over! Chapter 1 complete! (Pretty much) Congratulations! You may now level up to level 2!

[sblock=Combat Actions]
Xivorts all dead (Xivort 1 didn't make an OAtk vs Gray; it was Dazed)
Fiddlesticks marked and caught in Wat's blast and moving closer takes 4 extra damage blooding him.
Moves behind Rain and uses False Presence: Rain is compelled to make an OAtk: On a hit: Rain takes 10 psychic dmg on a miss he takes 10 ongoing psychic dmg. Fiddlesticks appears in another square adjacent to Rain, now visible.

I made a diplomacy check for Rain after the fact; He could only be returned to his normal state once bloodied and Rain made the attempt before Wat bloodied him. So I figured it was fair to let him have his attack and then roll diplomacy anyway. The crit 20 roll was enough to convince me to neutralise that attack. So congratulations! You did it! And you didn't kill Fiddlesticks! :D 11/30 HPs left
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] I will get an XP tally up soon, and I'll have our illustrious judge sweep in and approve this one as it is a level up. I hope Gray makes it as well. If he doesn't we will level him up to level 2 anyway and you can pay off the XP like we did for TCO.

As I want Zuri to remain relevant, I'm going to give her PC the XP even though she was NPC'd. I may ask about and see if anyone would like to take control of her until the end of the adventure. Let me know your thoughts on that idea in the OOC thread if you like.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha, seeing that there are no more xivorts, strides over to Fiddlesticks, joining in with Rain, trying to get him to snap out of it.

"Fiddlesticks, you must stop this nonsense,
It is Soryth controlling you, obey your conscience!"

The vistani hoped that a rhyming verse would work better, since it seemed to hold some kind of power over these fey creatures.
[sblock]
Move Action: move adjacent to Fiddlesticks and Rain.
Minor Action: Words of Friendship (+5 to next Diplomacy check I make)
Standard Action: Make a diplomacy check, with the above bonus, plus Group Diplomacy 1d20+11+5+1=34

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]
Passive Insight 20 Passive Perception 15; Senses Low-light Vision
Skald's Aura (Healing, Martial) aura 5; active.
HP 27/28 1thp Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 2/10
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Action Points 0
Speed 6

Powers:
Skald's Aura (active; 0 heals remaining) allies do not grant CA
Focused Discipline (active; offense +1 to attack rolls with basic attacks)
Song of Serendipity
Song of Savagery (active; I hit with a basic attack, so an ally can get +4 to damage)
Knack for Success (spent)
Words of Friendship (spent)
Lesser Flash of Distraction
Cautionary Tale or Disrupting Words (spent)[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
By the time Sabynha arrives Fiddlesticks is shaking and weeping on the ground, in control of himself once more. He smiles weakly up at the bard. "Sorry for my nonsense. I have found my conscience. Now I feel guilty. Time for an apology."

He gets to his feet and bustles over to Gray. He looks intently about the Shamrock patch for a few moments until he finally snatches up a bright green snail victoriously. Mushing it in his hands he grabs Gray's hand and smears the mush which has became a bright green like the leprechaun's clothes. He grabs a fistful of shamrocks and wipes the mush clean, though Gray's hands remain with glean that remains green when it catches a certain light.

"Sorry" he says again. "A gift I give so you can forgive."

Wat, meanwhile, is only a few paces away from the red glint he saw fall from Soryth in the struggle. The Invoker makes his way to the place and does not take long to find it.

It is a magnificent red gem. A bloodstone. Wat cannot understand its power fully, though he senses he can use the stone to channel his own power to greater effect through it should he attach it to his staff.

As twighlight settles upon the grove Master rhymer clears his throat and clambers upon another leprechaun's head where he announces.

"Great warriors from beyond the Falls,
You have shown skill, courage and balls.
We would be honoured if you would be our guest
And in our home this night find rest"

He awaits your reply.

GM: A Call for Lovers Chapter 1 Rewards Summary

Time XP Summary:
Wat, Sabynha, Rain, Zuri:
Month 1-3: 10th May - 10th August @ level 1: 167 x 3 months = 501 Time xp
Month 4-6: 10th August - 10th November @ level 2: 209 x 3 months = 627 Time xp
Total: 1128 time xp

Gray
Month 1-4 @ lvl 1: 4th July - 4th November level 1: 167 x 4 months
Total: 668 time xp

Encounter XP Summary:
Sabynha, Wat, Rain, Zuri (+Themes & Kartuus)
Encounter 1: Skill Challenge: Yakuza Attack! 290 XP each: Approved
Sabynha, Wat, Rain, Zuri:
Encounter 2: Gate Crashers 240 XP: Approved
Sabynha, Wat, Rain, Zuri +Gray
Encounter 3: Cavern Dwellers 220 XP: Approved
Encounter 4: Cave of Mud 220 XP: Here
Total xp = 970 xp (Gray 440 xp)

Encounter 5: Soryth Appears Level 1 encounter
4 x Xivort Slasher lvl 1 Skirmisher = 100 x 4 = 400 xp
1 x Leprechaun lvl 2 Lurker = 125 xp
= 525 xp
Total = 105 xp each

Major level 1 Quest Complete: Find Juliana = 100 xp each
Minor level 1 Quest Complete: Survive meeting Soryth = 25 xp each

105+100+25 = 230 xp each
Double XP Rewards = 460 xp each

Sabynha, Wat, Rain, Zuri: Total: 970 + 460 = 1430 xp
Gray Total: 440 + 460 = 900 xp

Overall XP Totals as of the 10th of November
Sabynha, Wat, Rain, Zuri: 1430 + 1128 = 2558 xp
Current XP Total:2558
You are actually level 3 now but with DM permission to level up to level 2

Gray: 900 + 668 = 1568
Current XP Total = 1568
You are now level 2

Chapter 1 Treasure Summary

Time Gold:
Wat, Sanynha, Rain, Zuri
Month 1 -3 @ lvl 1: May 10th -August 10th: 126 gp x 3 = 398 gp
Month 4 -6 @ lvl 2: August 10th -November 10th level 2: 178 gp x 3 = 534 gp
Total Time gold: 932 gp

Gray
Month 1 - 4 @ level 1: July 4th - November 4th: 126 gp x 4 = 504 gp
Total Time Gold: 504 gp

Total Treasure Awarded so far:
Job fee: 50 gp; 1 elixir (50gp) and 1 Healing Potion (50 gp) each = 150gp each
Group Treasure: 25 gp, Ring (25 gp), Gem (100 gp); Level 5 Quest Item. Tuathan Road Whistle
Total Group Treaure = 1100 gp

Magic items Awarded so far: Level 2 Items:
Rain: Leather Armour of Aegis Expansion +1
Sabynha: Bracers of Mighty Striking
Wat: Amulet of Elegy +1
Zuri: Rebounding Hand Crossbow +1

Encounter 5 Treasure Rewards: Soryth Arrives
Gray Level 1 Item (as per wishlist): Snail goo and Shamrock Blessing: Mighty Ki Focus lvl 1
Wat: Level 4 Item: Soryth's Bloodstone: When attached to Staff, staff becomes:
Quickbeam Staff of Forceful Rebuking

Dm's Rewards: 6 months of adventuring = 6 DM Credits for jbear! :D

@Lord Sessadore Requesting Approval! Cheers!

[sblock= Note to players: Lvl 3]Rather than just give you the THP bonus stright off the bat, given that you will be already more survivable as lvl 2 PCs than lvl 1 PCs and all the challenges are designed for level 2 PCs anyhow, I am going to look to give little rewards related to RP which could give you access to these features early at certain points of the chapter where it feels right.

I hope that is all right :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases