[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

jbear

First Post
Olga smiles warmly at Rain.

"Thank you dear. I'll see if I can't find a moment to slip away and take him some warm dinner."

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha graciously accepts on Wat's chivalry, and enters the smoky tavern without a word. She takes in the scene, ignoring the comments of the fisherman, and listening intently to the conversation thus far. Upon hearing "ol' Sad Sacks" get shut down, the vistani lass heads over to the minstrel's corner, unslinging her fiddle case and opening it in one swift and obviously practiced motion.

"May I?" she addresses the minstrel. While awaiting his response, she taps her boots on the floor, purposefully yet nonchalantly, testing their sound.

Without another word, she raises her fiddle to her chin, and begins to play. It starts out with melancholy chords, to match the last tune, but quickly picks up the tempo and mood after a few bars.
[sblock]She's trying to lighten the mood somewhat, using Diplomacy; 1d20+11=17.
She then tries to gauge the audience's reception of her performance, Insight; 1d20+10=14.
OOC: I imagined her song as being kind of like [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PBeKzVhWHY"]this[/ame], but replace the breakbeat with a tapdance.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: That's very cool. Sadly I can't xp you til I spread XP. Gutted that the video messes up half way through.

To say the least every person in the inn is swept away in complete rapture as Sabynha wraps them in the spell of her music and her dance. Complete silence follows her performance.

The mouths of the fishermen hang open and slack, delight dances in their old, crinkled eyes.

The tankard Olga is filling reached the top sometime ago and now spills over onto the bar, though she is completely oblivious to the fact, her face flushed with pleasure.

Ol' Sad Sacks' eyes are filled with tears.

Meg bursts into applause and starts jumping up and down on the spot.

Everyone in the room is putty in Sabynha's hands.

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[sblock=song info]The "computer crash" in the video is intentional - if you look closely at the POST screen, the text is just gibberish ;)
Full album version can be found here: http://youtu.be/ivxt2Pt4AI8

The song is a remix of Cello Concerto in E Minor, Op. 85 by Edward Elgar, remix by a Canadian DnB/breakbeat artist called Venetian Snares. Breakbeat is not normally my "thing" but this song is pretty cool.[/sblock]Sabynha bows deeply and gracefully after her performance. She straightens, and scans the room, making brief eye contact with everyone in it, before speaking, "I would like to make it perfectly clear that we are here in the name of the Count to make peace between you and the elves, not war. We will do battle if we must, but only if we must."

Sabyha spoke somewhat slowly, making certain that her Vistani accent would pose no problems in understanding. She threw back the thick curls of dark hair which spilled out from under her bandanna, revealing her heritage plain for all to see, "I have heard the things that are being muttered in hushed tones. Wat and I are both living proof of the love that can exist between our peoples. In times of strife, it is easy to forget what it was like in better times. Do not forget this. We do not yet know all the answers, so at the same time we must remain vigilant, but please, good people, do not give in to hate."

Not sure what to say next, and thoroughly exhausted after her ordeals today and rigorous dance, Sabynha falls silent and pulls up a chair.

jbear

First Post
The fishermen look sheepish after Sabynha's inspiring speech. They nod and return to their pie silently.

Olga gasps and curses when she realises what she is doing. She brings over the tankards of ale and says smiling. "Well said lass, well said. I pray that you can do it as well! The gods know we all need you to! But your words are wasted on these dumb heads. Like throwing pearls to pigs, pearls to pigs I tell ya."

The meal served, Meg sets back to lighting the fire, though she can't stop humming Sabynha's tune and tapping her toes, looking her way with adoration every few seconds which makes the task take twice as long.

Old Sad Sacks goes to pick up his instrument but stands up and excuses himself with a bow, too embarrassed to follow such a masterful performance. He heads upstairs.

GM: If you want your treasure rewards from the skill challenge, don't forget to ask them from Olga ;)

Other than that let me know if you want to do anything else that night or talk to anyone. If not we'll skip forward to the next morning.

LordGraz'zt

First Post
With the song completed, Kartuus makes his way to his room, eager for what the next day brings.

[sblock=Back on deck]Short but sweet post.

Back on deck, full time now.

Thank you everyone for understanding - my interstate trip went for a lot longer than anticipated and there was a lot of follow up.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
After the warm meal and the gathering around the fire, Themes hits the sack. It's been a long day and all that he looks forward to is the embrace of sleep.

[sblock=Ship]I thought it was still in repair, are the PCs going to sleep there?[/sblock]
[sblock=Themes]I've been discussing this with Sessadore and I've agreed to drop out from the adventure due to time restraints. I'm not sure if jbear knows yet, though I have implied it. Unless everyone is okay with my terrible post rate (I've been keeping up, though! Still reading).[/sblock]

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha, famished, eats like a bit of a savage, eschewing utensils when practical, and gleefully licking her fingers, "Excellent fare, my lovely peoples, truly excellent."

She washes it down with a gulp of wine, and spends a while enjoying the feeling of fullness, warmth, and wine in her. She goes over to where Ol' Sad Sacks had been sitting, and picks up one of his instruments - an old, weathered dulcimer - and begins idly and quietly plucking at strings in a meandering melody, while sipping from wine as long as it is poured.

After some time, at this, she yawns, "Is time for bedt, I sthink." And heads toward the stairs, now ruddy-faced and quite tipsy. In the doorway, she halts abruptly and using the doorframe for support, turns back to Olga, "Oh, I almost forgot. Young Peg said somesing about his 'private shtock,' vhathever zat means..." Still wearing a sloshed smile, she winks, as Peg suggested, and makes the knocking motion on her leg, tapping her heel to the floor to make a wooden sound. She nearly lost her balance, but recovered gracefully before making a fool of herself.

jbear

First Post
Olga smiles. "Oh, did he now? Well, he must like you then. You must have done real good for him to have even mentioned his stash to you let alone share it with you. Sleep well, all of you!" She calls as she heads out the door with a tray of steaming hot food.

The next morning you are woken at first light by Meg. "Ma'am said te come get yas en tell ye that brekkie's ready." She gives you a quick curtsy and then she is gone to wake up the next one in the group, and so on and so forth until you are all gathered downstairs and enjoying a delicious breakfast of sweet cakes, ham and goats milk. The sweet cakes are on the stale side but apart from that it's pretty good.

Olga let's you know that the horses are saddled up and ready for you whenever you want to leave. "My stable boy Tom will ride with you up to Crystalbrook. I wouldn't want you to get lost or nothing. We're all counting on you!"

She hauls out a large wooden case from beneath the bar after some lengthy fidgeting with locks. With further work on the lock that seals the case itself it opens to reveal a spectrum of sparkling coloured liquids in glass vials.

"Peg told me to give you one each. I could hardly believe it when he said that. But then he told me about all what you did and that he'd be a gonner if it wasn't for you lot. I've quite the story to tell for a good long time, I tell you!"

She beams with satisfaction and and invites you to come and select one of the elixirs each. "One each mind. Or I will literally break your fingers" She says it with a smile, but you can tell she is quite serious.

In all there are 6 different types of elixirs to choose from.

A red one which she says is for healing.

A clear one with hints of every colour that fade and reappear that she says Peg takes to clear his head after a night of heavy drinking.

An amber liquid that she says is what Peg takes to 'you know, impress on me that he's still a young buck'. She winks after she says that.

A liquid hard to describe in colour as it is a paisley kaleidoscope of turquoise and brown, in a constant freaky yet funky flow. Olga shrugs and says that for when Peg wants to go a bit further than drunk.

A pearly white potion that Olga claims is what Peg takes when he goes to visit the graveyard. She explains he's a bit superstitious.

And finally a brew of sparkling gold and silver. She says he drinks those when he sails for pleasure. Which she says usually involves looking for sunken treasure.

GM: So pick one each; there are various of each so it doesn't matter if you double up. They are all lvl 5 elixirs or potions worth 50 gp each.

In order:
Potion of Healing
Potion of Clarity
Elixir of Aptitude
Elixir of Clairvoyance
Elixir of Protection from Evil
Elixir of Treasure Finding

I will move the action on towards Crystalbrook on Wednesday afternoon (NZ time: GMT+12?). I'll also post with an update on time xp and time gold progress and ask Lord S to sign off on it for us.

For the benefit of those with no access to CBuilder or relevant book (Mordenkainen's Emporium), I'll post a few details about elixirs to help you choose. I'm sure that amongst all of you you'd be able to identify it all anyway.

[sblock=Potion of Healing]Spend a surge and heal 10 hp[/sblock]
[sblock=Potion of Clarity]Reroll an encounter or daily power attack during encounter.[/sblock]
[sblock=Elixir of Aptitude]+1 power bonus to skill of your choice for an hour[/sblock]
[sblock=Elixir of Clairvoyance] You can see through walls basically; sustainable power so it could last for 5 minutes[/sblock]
[sblock=Elixir of Protection from Evil]+1 power bonus to dmg and all defenses vs evil creature TENT[/sblock]
[sblock=Elixir of Treasure Finding]You can sense where the nearest treasure is within 50 ft of you (not counting stuff the party has already). Its a pretty brief insight that doesn't give specific details, just general directions. [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The next morning Wat is a little bit slow to rise. The previous day's excitement had taken a lot out of him.

While Olga talked about secret stashes and elixers, Wat was busy stuffing as many sweet cakes into his mouth as his cheeks would handle.

"Theev cakes are a tres... ure on ver un." Wat says, through a smile dripping with crumbs.

He washes the cakes down with some milk before having a thick slice of ham. Once his more immediate needs are taken care of only then does he turn his attention to the potions. He grabs one of the vials of clear liquid, deciding a moment of clearheadedness might be useful.

"Thank you for your help. Though we should decide how we want to proceed. How far out of our way would this gate be? The problem with the elves has been one that has been going on for some time, but something tells me this gate problem might be newer, and a bit more insidious."

OOC: Potion of Clarity.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases