[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha looks on at the battlefield with a surge of relief as Wat used her power to heal the fallen Zuri, and the enemy is in full retreat. However she still carried the anger, and now feared for the villagers. She hurls her final dagger with all her might at the second of the fleeing darters; she wanted blood for blood.

[sblock=actions]Focused Discipline: Offence; +1 to basic attack rolls
Minor Action: Song of Savagery; an ally gains a +4 on their next damage roll
Standard Action: attack darter 2; long range (-2), restrained (-2) 1d20+6+1-2-2=9, 1d4+3=7 MISS.
Move -> Minor Action: Draw sword
Saving Throw: 1d20=4 fail.
haha, failturn #2 [/sblock]
Another howl of frustration erupts from the vistani. Evidently being caged is something she finds particularly bothersome. She flings her final dagger with all her might, but to no avail, as the little blue buggers are just too quick, especially at this range.

She draws her sword and begins hacking at the netting, muttering vistani cursewords that could have turned the air blue to match the xivorts.

Daeja

Explorer
Biting back tears and coughing up blood, Zuri turns her focus inwards as she struggles to catch a second wind.

"Thank...you," she gasps at Wat, before frustation and fear about being trapped under the net takes over. In a near panic, she fights with it, trying to claw her way to freedom.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard - second wind, third surge popped for 13/24 health
Save Attempt - 1d20 → [9] = (9) Fail![/sblock]
[sblock="Mini-stats"]Passive Perception 15 / Insight 10
AC: 16, F/R/W: 12/16/13, Speed 6
HP: 13/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 3/6

Conditions

Powers:
MBA: Dagger, +6 vs AC, 1d4+3
At-Will: Disheartening Strike, Riposte Strike
(e)Surprise Strike:
(e)Torturous Strike:
[strike](e)Fey Step[/strike]
(D)Precise Incision
Combat notes: Sneak attack is 2d6+2[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Rain's runs past the townsperson in the net to flank the left side of a fleeing Xivort and inspired by Sabynha's howl (Rain clearly hears something else in the heat of the moment!), she slashes a vicious blow to the Xivort's leg and then readies her blade for a series of possible magical counter attacks against any moves from the now reeling darter.

[sblock=actions]Move action = Moves 6 squares through I6 and L7 to finish in M8.

Standard action = Rain attacks the Darter 1 on the map with Booming Blade.

Misty, -2 to to hit.

Total to Hit: 25 (natural 20! Revenge!)

Damage is therefore going to be a base of 12; I can't use Sabynha's Song of Savagery like I thought I could, as I'm out of the aura 5.

Booming Blade (At Will Standard Melee 1 Arcane, Thunder, Weapon)
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8+4 damage and if the target is adjacent to you at the start of its next turn and moves away during that turn, it takes 1d6+3 Thunder damage.

This could bring in to play this -

Feat - White Lotus Riposte: When an enemy that you've hit with an Arcane At-Will attack power attacks you before the start of your next turn, that enemy takes damage (of the same type the attack power deals) equal to the ability modifier to the attack power’s damage.

[/sblock]

OOC: OK, so Darter 1 had 8 damage before from Wat, now its taken 20. Not quite dead after all, but it is on the horns of Rain's Dilemma.

[sblock=Ministats:]
Rain

Female Tiefling Swordmage, Level 1.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 10. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC: 19, Fort: 13, Reflex: 14, Will: 14.
HP: 20/31, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 9/11
Speed: 6 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Tsugo, Allarian.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Infernal Wrath [Used]
Second Wind [Used]
Guardian's Counter
Aegis of Shielding
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Sword of Sigils
Dimensional Thunder
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
The xivort brutally cornered and struck by Rain yelps in pain. It takes a step back, intent on fleeing in another direction only to have it's head shatter from the inside with a thunderous echo from the swordmage's lightning strike. It stands suddenly still for a moment, too surprised to realise it is dead before collapsing to the ground.

The other two seeing the fate of those that lag behind forget any intentions of mischief with the townsfolk. They flee for their lives, dodging and weaving amongst the market stands as fast as their little blue legs will carry them. They flee straight into the deadly swords of the town guard who have finally managed to make there way to the gates after ending skirmishes in other parts of town. The guards butcher them without mercy.

The mist begins to thin as the adventurers untangle themselves from the xivorts' nets.
Many of the surviving townfolk cheer, though those who are wounded groan with pain. One woman keens with a gut wrenching wail the loss of her husband.

The robust man struggles his way from the net at last, tripping over the net as he stands.

"Thanksh!" he says, stumbling forward with alcohol tinged
breath preceding him. "We're lucky you came. I bet those crittersh were going to eat me!"

The commander of the guard approaches with a horror stricken face as he takes in the bloody scene of the plaza. He begins ordering his men to tend to the wounded and begin the clean up. He approaches Zuri staring down at her side brows furrowed hand on the hilt of his sword. He takes in the group listening to the drunken praise being lavished on the group in silence.

He raises his head towards Tom who has finally untangled himself and the horses and is leading them into the plaza. "Tom" he nods a greeting. "What is the meaning of this?"

"They ... Olga ... from Bloodstone ... arrived with Cap'n Peg ... Count's folk ... here to see Lady Tamora ... the bard can dance a storm, not like Sad Sacks ... but the mist ... and them blueskins ... I thought I was going to die ..."

"You short hue wash going te die? Pisssh! I wash in a net being dragged out the gate! They were fixshing te eat me *hic* I shwear they were already shalting and pepprin' me! If it weren't for these ladiesh and the wishard over there I wash ham!"

"Thank you Wendig, nobody asked you" the commander interrupts.

Wendig falls quiet with a "Sshorry sherriff."

"I didn't understand a word Tom." The military man looks towards the group. "Explain."

GM: Combat Over! All still alive and accounted for!

XP Rewards:
5 x level 1 xivorts = 500 xp
+ 2 x level 1 bloodied xivorts = 100 xp
Total = 600 xp
Double XP = 1200
Individual Total XP gained: 240 XP

Note: Kartuus was NPC'd the whole fight so does not receive XP, however he was a factor in the fight so XP is still calculated as though it were divided between 5 PCs
[MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION] Requesting Approval!

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Sabynha finishes hacking her way out from the net, swearing up a storm in the vistani dialect of Old Allarian the whole time. She is quite careful to avoid wounding poor Tom in the process, and once free, helps him with the rest of it and freeing the horses.

She is panting and out of breath, and in any case too hoarse of voice from the cussing tirade to speak just yet. She begins by looking for her errant daggers, and ensuring the health of any of her companions nearby. Though her vistani magic is exhausted for the moment, she has plenty of spare cloth to use as bandange material if necessary.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Judge]
GM: Combat Over! All still alive and accounted for!

XP Rewards:
5 x level 1 xivorts = 500 xp
+ 2 x level 1 bloodied xivorts = 100 xp
Total = 600 xp
Double XP = 1200
Individual Total XP gained: 240 XP

Note: Kartuus was NPC'd the whole fight so does not receive XP, however he was a factor in the fight so XP is still calculated as though it were divided between 5 PCs
@Lord Sessadore Requesting Approval!
Approved.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Unlike some of his companions, Wat is unharmed by the xivorts. Still, he takes a moment to rest.

"To put it simply, we are ambassadors from Count Varis here to mediate the dispute between the peoples of Elestial."

Wat pauses for a moment to let everything sink in before continuing.

"I sense some of out contingent has not fared so well in the skirmish. Perhaps there is a place we could freshen up before meeting with Lady Tamora... I hope I do not presume to much that you would inform her of our arrival? Oh and do tell her to expect us today."

Neil1889

First Post
Rain nods, "We also have a letter of introduction, though I think we would prefer to present that ourselves. In the meanwhile, though I am glad Master Wendig appears to be well considering his ordeal, I could with rest myself; I will also at some point present myself to Factor Tuan, the merchant, if he is here. Hopefully this attack passed him by."

In a lower voice Rain adds, "Those creatures we fought are called Xivort; pitifully malicious beings that are known for their desire to raid the settlements of larger creatures. Whether they acted on their own or not is a matter we must consider with an open mind."

jbear

First Post
The sheriff continues to glower. "Ambassadors here to mediate disputes ... Well, you can see how difficult that is going to be what with those damned Sildaine sending in their pets to slaughter our people in broad daylight! Aye, you do presume too much, son. If you hadn't noticed I have a situation here that needs dealing with. Wendig, take them up to Lady Tamora's house, if you can find it you drunken sot. If she is expecting you, then I'm sure our good Lady will make provisions for you to ... freshen up."

The sheriff spots the guard still cowering up on the battlements and storms away shouting "Alex Trefell! What the hells are you doing still alive and hiding up there like a wee mouse! Get down here at once and..."

Meanwhile Wendig staggers closer, a rather unpleasant aroma of old beer stains mixed with new beer stains with a strong hint of hangover morning breath follows him.

"Sshure, I'll happy help you... I'm happy to help you ... follow me! Ooops ... notshat way, thish way."

Daeja

Explorer
Finally freeing herself from the net, Zuri sheathes her dagger and retrieves her hand crossbow. She aches from her wounds, and hangs back while Wat and Rain deal with the locals, choosing instead to examine one of the dead creatures.

[sblock="Perception Roll = 10"]
1d20+5 → [5,5] = (10)
I don't know why she bothered... clearly the pain is getting to her.[/sblock]
Her wounds make her grimace and distract her as she glances over the body.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases